5.0 out of 5 stars just a little lick
Hammerite paints have been a god send as my metal wall art in the garden was looking very tired,we discovered this metal paint earlier this year and found it a great way to protect our metals in the garden,plus it has the added bonus of keeping rust at bay so our metal wall art will last so much longer.
Its easy to use and the 250 ml can will last at least 3...
Published on 29 Sep 2012 by Mrs. V. Blair

3.0 out of 5 stars Different shades of green
Published 7 months ago by Simon11

5.0 out of 5 stars just a little lick, 29 Sep 2012
Mrs. V. Blair (Bristol,UK) - See all my reviews
Its easy to use and the 250 ml can will last at least 3 seasons,we are impressed with the range of colours too so much so i've purchased extra so we will never run our.
brilliant paint for your garden,garage metals.

3.0 out of 5 stars Different shades of green, 9 May 2014
Simon11 (Heysham, Lancashire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ICI 5092825 750ml Hammerite Metal Paint Smooth - Dark Green (Automotive)
This paint does the job well! However my garden furniture is now two different shades of green. I bought a tin of dark green locally which was a lovely colour. Then I bought a larger tin of dark green from Amazon and it turned out a darker shade than the first one by quite a lot. I am retirement age and never in my life have I come across this before. For this reason I can only give it 3 stars.
Disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars table renewed!, 16 July 2013
did a great job on my old garden table brought it up like new can't believe it! Would gladly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get rid of rust fast., 5 May 2012
D. Preston (Cumbria.) - See all my reviews
I boght this paint some time ago and have used it successfully on rusty sections of the frame underneath a car trailer. The paint is stiffish but easy to apply. The finnish of the painted area looks really good now almost new. I have no hesitation in recommending this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent coverage & easy to apply, 20 Oct 2013
Ms. E. Jones - See all my reviews
I swear by Hammerite paints and this is great as usual. This can covered a couple of double gates as well as a single garden gate, without any problem after I'd scrubbed them with a wire brush. As long as loose bits are taken odd the surface, this stuff can go on no problem.

I was really surprised it was cheaper to buy on Amazon than in the shops, even with delivery to think about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 2 Aug 2010
Used for reasonably bad rusted hinges. After only light sandpapering went on like a dream with only one coat required

1.0 out of 5 stars Really bad paint for any treated surface, 28 Sep 2014
I bought this to paint the door furniture of the antique front door and the bolts and hinges on the shed doors and garage which had been treated with red oxide primer. After all the careful work I had done on the wood surfaces I was astonished at the stupidity of this paint. It is like trying to spread tar and shows every brushstroke, it is not malleable in any way, it is almost impossible to work fine detail, it has to be literally shovelled around like drying glue. It is translucent, almost as though the black colour and the varnish are incompatable chemically and unable to mix together so you get black areas on one side of the brush hairs and translucent areas between and no way can you spread it out as you just dig yourself a deeper hole and pile up the mess even more if you do. And it takes two coats to cover which means that the bolts get all gummed up with too much paint. You can't thin it and you can't clean your brushes with white spirit or thinners except with Hammerites own specific cleaning product. Finish is like shiny plastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super quick, super quality and a good price, 9 Sep 2013
Arrived promptly and Hammerite was a good as always. The price was the best we could find on the net and we will definitely use you guys again. Thank you AAA+++

5.0 out of 5 stars Hammerite Smooth Metal Paint, 8 Aug 2013
I have been using Hammerite for about 50 years,and it is as good as always.Just make sure you have Hammerite Thinners as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars great paint but use a different brush each paint job, 18 Jun 2014
Djbannister (gb birmingham) - See all my reviews
nice paint to use .give tin a good stir before use. one word of warning. . i painted my gates one day. put the brush in a plastic bag with a few sprays of turps, good enough for normal paint. came back the next day to do another couple of items and the brush was solid. in future i use the cheap £ 1~ 2 paint brushes set so i can just bin the brush and use a new one each job..