on 25 February 2010
This was such a refreshing book! A whole new paradigm, basing the raising/disciplining of children on the way God disciplines us. More to do with loving correction and training in making wise choices than in control and punishment.

The first chapter probably had the most impact on me, and the rest of the book re-enforced in practical ways the foundation laid in that one.

Very helpful; wish I'd had it to hand when I was starting out with my kids.

It was recommended to me as a book to read to help me understand my Heavenly Father's parenting of me. So you don't have to be a parent of young children to get something out of it!
on 29 March 2010
This is the best book I have read on parenting. I wish this book and the wisdom it contains had been available when I had young kids. It is practical and down-to-earth with many examples that demonstrate the principles. The first few chapters I found especially helpful. They describe how we have done life as parents and how this new way of thinking will set us, as well as our kids, into healthier relationships both in the family and beyond. Its easy to read and humorous. I highly recommend it - and am giving it to people who aren't even parents yet!! Danny Silk also provides a useful website link for those who need more interactive help.
on 3 August 2013
My husband and I run parenting courses for the community, and we have used a lot of different material that has always had very helpful strategies, but this is something very different. No matter what you have read on parenting before, you need to read this book (and see the DVD's).

It focuses first and foremost on our heart to heart connection with our children - and keeping this connection for the long haul of our lives together as family. We are not here to control our children, but to help them to realise that they are powerful children who can make choices - and that these choices will have consequences. If we are able to control ourselves as parents and take a step back from trying to control them (and getting ourselves stressed out in the process!), we will be amazed at how our children are able to make great decisions and take control of their actions, and how they will learn to value their connection and relationship with us. We too will see how we can parent without being so stressed out all the time because the only person we are here to control is ourselves.

We have used the DVD's running courses for the community as part of our local church. Christians and non-Christians alike have loved it and have seen amazing changes in the relationships with their children at home and in their work relationships with the adults they rub shoulders with.

A very powerful mind shift in our thinking as parents and adults - be prepared to have your heart challenged and to see amazing connection with your family if you follow through on this journey to connection. Enjoy!
on 4 November 2010
This book will give you such insight not only into all your relationships but how God as Father has been growing and developing you. I don't have children but was blown away by the profound simplicity of good parenting and how my heavenly Father has trying to do that for me for such a long time. Simply wonderful.
on 29 March 2009
Fast delivery, arrived in good condition. Great book with a different slant on discipline. Really makes you think and re-assess your motives for disciplining and how you parent.
on 17 June 2009
this book is awesome. there is some revelation in this book that will make you laugh, cry, smile and totally rethink your approach to parenting. you will realise that you can either raise your kids the same old way or develop geniuses into responsible, self managing adults !!
on 24 June 2011
Excellent, thought provoking book about a better way to bring up children so that they can be independent & make better life choices through taking responsibility for themselves from an early age, whilst being assured of unconditional love.

It should also affect how we relate to adult members of our families, as well as friends, as we stop trying to control them!
on 18 November 2010
This book is absolutely fantastic. The key truths of giving kids choices rather than shouting at them and demanding from them really do work. But more than this i also viewed this approach as if our heavenly Father was loving me in the same way, it really helped me to see the Father heart of God and his attitude towards me.Culture of Honour PB
on 28 March 2010
This is the only parenting book I've read and probably the only one I will read. It has very simple but profound principles to use. It is not just for parents for little children but of children of any age and not necessarily even parents. The principles Danny Silk is using can be transfered to all relationships in our lives. The basic principles are about brining your child up to take responsibility for their own actions and learning to make good choices as well as learning to value the relationship you have with your child above what the child does.

I would recommend it to everyone. Both my husband and I have found it very helpful and practical and applying the principles from the book has improved our parenting greatly. You can even get it on dvd from his website so if you are not the reading type get the dvds.

It is very easy reading book with lots of examples and stories. Brilliant!
on 23 October 2012
Danny silk has a fantastic gifting with words, the stories he tells as examples are priceless and will have you laughing out loud. The revelation of God's love in our relationships our children and the freedom this brings into family life is amazing. The principles are really how we should treat all of our relationships, in honouring Gods Love we bring freedom and love to everyone around us. I cannot suggest this strongly enough, i do not have the words to tell you how good this book is and how it has transformed families forever*, please read this book.
(* I have spoken to several other parents who have learnt to apply the principles of God's Love taught in this book and how it has revolutionised their parenting and relationships with the children for the better)