on 9 July 2014
As this is a third party replacement for the Canon ACK-E6, I bought this to use in my Canon 5D MkIII which the ACK-E6 also furnishes and the reviews here seemed favourable so I took the plunge.
I wish I hadn't. It should come with a warning as it blew the fuse in my camera to the tune of £445 to repair!!
Two things to look for if you've ordered this item:
1- Check it is the same as that displayed in the picture here - mine wasn't the same even though the delivery note states it is the same Ex-Pro item. The advert image shows a transformer with attached cable and choke (the large rubber 'bump' halfway along the transformer cable) - mine didn't have the choke and that leads me to suspect the quality of the item I received.
2 - Item fits camera fine, battery door closes (necessary to power the camera off an AC source) and when switched on I got a brief flicker of power then the camera cut out and did not resume power. I took the battery out, tried again jiggled the power cords a little, opened the battery door, closed it etc etc. But no joy.
Result: one dead camera with a very pricey repair bill.
Not recommended.
Will teach me to never buy third party gear like this again despite favourable reviews.
on 15 June 2014
Installation etc was all fine. You have to remember to reassure the camera (70D) that it's OK to use the battery, and then it powers the camera.
BUT, when I touch the metal tripod fixing hole on the camera base, I get a very noticeable electric shock. Not mains strength, obviously, but enough to sting. Clearly, there's an earthing problem.
I have no idea whether or not this is dangerous, but I'm not going to risk an £800 camera.
on 24 February 2015
I have used this in a Canon 6D without any problems. I did this with some trepidation having read some of the other reviews here, but this is an excellent device that does exactly what it says on the tin. It should be noted that the device I received doesn't have the "choke" on the battery power cable, but it still works and hasn't caused any problems with the camera. If anyone is concerned about the longevity of the product, remember that it is one tenth the price of the Canon unit - you could buy several and not be out of pocket.

I'm sorry to hear about the reviewer charged £445 to replace a fuse. I was quoted £400 to repair a 10 year old Canon lens by a popular camera store who shall remain nameless. I eventually got it fixed for £70 by shopping around.
on 13 September 2013
I was a little concerned as to how this would fit in my 5D MkII. I just pulled the small rubber fitting, on the camera, to one side, slipped in the battery and fed the cable through the hole. The camera could not communicate with the battery so I clicked OK and the AC adaptor works like a charm. At a fraction of the cost of a Canon adaptor I am very pleased with this purchase.
on 9 August 2012
Purchased with slight reservations about quality, however it's excellant bulid quality works well, fits the camera without any problems, a fraction of the Canon one.

Delivery very fast, great supplier on Amazon.
on 24 August 2013
Apart from no communication with camera (as mentioned in other reviews) this does what is says it does - power my EOS 7D from the mains. It seems well made though it did look slightly different from the illustration. At nearly one tenth of the price of the genuine Canon product it is great.
on 1 September 2015
Compatible with my Canon 70D camera. No issues whatsoever. A fraction of the cost of an original Canon product, but does exactly the same. Beware of other cheap imitation products as they could damage your camera. The one from Ex-Pro are good and reliable.
on 21 August 2014
I love this. Canon want over £100 for the genuine article. There is no justification for any AC adaptor to cost more than £20. This little beauty does the job perfectly allowing long term usage for time lapse etc. Perfect at under £16 Berty Bargain!
on 18 September 2013
Great product at a fraction of the price. No complaints from me. Use it for time lapse photography on my EOS7D.
on 18 July 2013
Was not sure what to expect at the price but was pleasantly surprised.
Fits well even in battery grip.

One thing to be aware of is the size of the DC connector if you use a L plate and battery grip.
I have a Kirk L plate and the connector is a tight fit between L plate and grip, but will fit if you get the angle correct (this is due to the DC connector between the PSU and the coupler not how wire exits coupler).

See one answered question