Style Name: Dash mount|Change

on 2 May 2012
As I don't like anything stuck onto my windscreen this mount seemed the obvious way to go. It arrived quickly which was great as we about to go on a trip next day. It was ideal it did not slip on the dashboard and could be placed in a comfortable location to suit my driving position. So far I have not had any problems at all.
on 17 April 2012
WhatIwanted, but a little disappointed about the suction cup not sticking well on the pad & falling off whilst driving. Also difficult to position without it sliding off the curved dashboard. I hope to master its idiosyncrasies.
Style Name: Dash mount|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I like to keep my car clean, both inside and out. This is where the problem lies with this dashboard mount as it will not provide any purchase on anything that has the slightest bit of wax on it.

But I tried, and put it on the dashboard and it just slides around, even without the weight of anything attached to it.

I often recommend products that I have reviewed, but not this one.

Save your money and, I'm sorry to say, buy something which sticks tot he windscreen in instead (OK, I know it looks naff, but I can't think of a better solution).

Avoid..
on 21 March 2012
I would not buy any other Holder this one stays where you set it and can be adjusted so you (Driver)can see it or your passenger can see it quite clearly,The Sat Nav can be removed easy enough to hide it,Well worth the money.
on 14 March 2013
I had a similar item to this with my old satnav. My old one had a flat round base with silicone on the whole of the base; it didn't move. Unfortunately, the sucker on my old satnav didn't work very well, so we used epoxy resin to permanently secure it. Hence when I bought a new satnav I also had to buy a new dashboard mount.
I chose this one as I thought that the shape of the base would fit better in various cars and would be more stable. Wrong!!
There is a small round piece of silicone (probably 2.5 inches diameter) in the middle underneath the base and the rest looks like rubber. It either falls off the dash or slides across when you go round corners, even when only going at a steady pace. Using it like this is very dangerous and distracting.
I had read about this problem in other reviews, but I thought perhaps as I consider I'm quite a steady driver, I hoped that it would be O.K. Wrong!!!
I have now resolved this problem by buying a silicone mat to put underneath it and that has resolved the issue. If it were redesigned with the base being all silicone, then I believe it would work perfectly.
on 29 May 2012
waste of time getting this , does not fit the dash and it slides all over the place. would not recommend this item
on 2 December 2012
Perhaps I got it wrong, I could not get the item to adhere firmly to the curved dashboard; it slid off even when slowly turning corners, so on the first day of use I ended up putting the satnav on the passenger seat and just listening to the directions.
An enclosed slip giving how to use instructions would have been helpful.
on 11 May 2012
This is an excellent product, well-made and solves a problem with sat-navs that have a suction cup integral with the unit. When I bought a TomTom Go Live 825 (also an excellent product) I was a little surprised that the unit had an integral suction cup, which made it awkward to affix to the windscreen every time I wanted to use it. This product means that I can quickly mount the satnav on the dashboard and drive away. My car is a Honda Civic which does have flat areas on dashboard, this product might not be appropriate on cars do not have a flat area on the dashboard.
on 24 May 2012
There have been positive and negative reviews for this item - how useful it is depends on whether your dashboard is flat or curved. If it's flat it will work well, but if it's curved it will tend to move as you go round corners. Overall, a useful piece of kit.
on 2 February 2013
I bought this a week ago for my TomTom XL (as my 2 y.o. Garmin's usb connector has broken from too much use - 40,000 miles). So far I have used this AmazonBasics dashboard mount for about 20 hours driving in a 2013 Merc C class, a 2011 BMW 335i and a 2004 Subaru Forester. Works perfectly. I expected the original TomTom Easymount to be the weak point but so far it is still stuck on firmly. The dash mount itself remains rock solid on the dash within easy reach. Last night I was late for an appointment and drove my BMW sportingly. The mount did not budge an inch even in sudden sharp turns. I am very happy it is living up to the excellent performance of my Garmin dash mount.

The only slight downside is that the dash mount is a little awkward to carry with the TomTom attached than the Garmin combi as the TomTom Easymount is shorter than the Garmin swan-neck and the TomTom is also prone to popping out of the TomTom clip ring.

Edited to add (February 2014); I've been using this mount almost every day for a year now and it still performs perfectly. I'm going to buy another one for my new Garmin 2597LMT. The mount also works well in a 2013 Kia Picanto.