5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing!!
Published on 19 May 2012 by Nick Huckle

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse than useless
Published on 18 April 2012 by P. Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse than useless, 18 April 2012
P. Smith - See all my reviews
This review is from: AmazonBasics GPS Dashboard Mount (Electronics)
Bought this to avoid sticky ring on the windscreen syndrome. The adhesive bottom doesn't adhere and the slightest sense of a curve in the road, let alone a turn, sends dashboard mount and satnav tumbling to the floor. After years of really content purchasing from Amazon I have to say this is the first completely trash product I've had. But by jingo it's real grade A1 absolutely dire trash. Useless, completely useless. So if you are reading this review...I suggest you don't buy it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing!!, 19 May 2012
Nick Huckle "The Sponge" (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: AmazonBasics GPS Dashboard Mount (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I drive a C3 Picasso and because of its sharply angled windscreen and curved dashboard fascia I have been unable to attach the sucker for my satnav holder anywhere practical. So for the past year or so I have been forced to have it on my lap. Not easy or always safe to look at. This dashboard mount has now solved the problem. It sits on the top of my dashboard without the need for any adhesive or grips. The sucker of my satnav stand sticks firmly to the plastic disc in its centre as if it was attached to the dashboard itself. And when its not in use it just lifts off to be stored in the glove compartment along with the satnav. As yet my satnav or the dasboard mount hasn't budged, regardless of any bumps, cornering or breaking experienced during driving. A simple and effective solution to a niggling problem. Brilliant.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont Bother, 14 April 2012
This review is from: AmazonBasics GPS Dashboard Mount (Electronics)
Tried it with and without the sticky back in two separate cars - one with a shiny dash, the other a matt dash - on both first corner and off it went.....

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, 21 Mar 2012
This review is from: AmazonBasics GPS Dashboard Mount (Electronics)
Purchased this mount instead of the vastly more expensive Garmin one. Looks well made and good quality. Only trouble is, every time I go round a corner, it slides off the dashboard. I am sure the more expensive one would be no different, but this has been a complete waste of my time and money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 7 April 2012
C. B. Hughes - See all my reviews
This review is from: AmazonBasics GPS Dashboard Mount (Electronics)
Purchased this dash mount on 21st March and have been extremely satisfied with it. Recently went on a 246 mile round trip to Wales round some very windy roads and my mount didn't budge also bear in mind I didn't use the sticky pad on the base that can be used to secure it, just placed it on top of the dash in my Ford Focus. Would stongly recommend this product to anyone without hesitation. WELL WORTH THE MONEY.
Carole - Staffordshire.

1.0 out of 5 stars totally useless in an Astra, 26 May 2012
Sue Bentley (Cheshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: AmazonBasics GPS Dashboard Mount (Electronics)
This gizmo is clearly designed for cars with absolutely flat dashboards and journeys down very very straight roads. In a normal car the thing slides gently sideways on normal bends and hurls itself at your passenger's head on sharp bends or sudden stops.
The packaging is great in that you don't have to hack it with a knife . Sadly during our test runs the gps holder spent far more time in the footwell than it did on the dash. Perhaps other cars with very flat dashboards may find it useful. We found it useless.

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple idea which works!, 17 April 2012
This review is from: AmazonBasics GPS Dashboard Mount (Electronics)
A simple idea of having weighted pad with a surface on to which the suction device on the Sat Nav can be attached. It works well and enabled me to have my Sat Nav just where I wanted it to be. One minor problem - it can slip if you corner unexpectedly fast!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dashboard Mount, 25 Mar 2012
This review is from: AmazonBasics GPS Dashboard Mount (Electronics)
Great little item that was very helpful and stable on dashboard, no more washing sucker marks off of window. We have a 7" sat nav but it kept it in place with no problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless - avoid, 26 May 2012
Dave M (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: AmazonBasics GPS Dashboard Mount (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like to keep my car clean, both inside and out. This is where the problem lies with this dashboard mount as it will not provide any purchase on anything that has the slightest bit of wax on it.

But I tried, and put it on the dashboard and it just slides around, even without the weight of anything attached to it.

I often recommend products that I have reviewed, but not this one.

Save your money and, I'm sorry to say, buy something which sticks tot he windscreen in instead (OK, I know it looks naff, but I can't think of a better solution).

Avoid..

5.0 out of 5 stars Dashboard Mount, 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: AmazonBasics GPS Dashboard Mount (Electronics)
I had a dashboard mount in the old round padded style but when I purchased a new 5" screen satnav the padding was too high for the wide screen to fit across. This one is perfect, it sits on the top of the dashboard and only moves when I move it to a different position. The screen is not hampered by the bulky padding and can be twisted into the position needed for easy viewing.

AmazonBasics GPS Dashboard Mount