on 13 July 2015
This here is an okay version of the masnavi. It has a few notes to help the reader gain a better understanding but this version is overshadowed by its numerous flaws.

This is an 1898 translation and so it is really outdated. This book is also incomplete as it even tells you towards the end! As well as this, there are no additional notes or biographical info regarding pertaining things mentioned in the text so so things may be difficult to grasp who Rumi is referring to.

Overall, this is simply just an outdated translation that needs to be revised. It's certainly enjoyable as any literature written by the great saint Rumi but it is lacking in modern day features.

Buy at your own risk of satisfaction.
on 5 June 2013
What can I say there are no words to describe this poetry. It took me from one dimension to another. Absolutely wonderful, highly recommended.
on 28 June 2013
If you are a spiritual seeker and you've never met Rumi before now is you time. He is the greatest spiritual poet. I knew nothing about Sufism before I read his work but knew that he had connected with the Beloved. Lovely poetry which will sit in yoyr heart amd mind forever
on 9 May 2014
This was a resent for the girlfriend, I have not got much of a clue on what this book is about but she liked it. So if you looking for a review on the books litriture quality you may have to look else where. I'm eat wing this one high as it made her happy so it did what I needed it to..
on 26 August 2013
Beauty of the poetry
Beauty of the word love that is divinity
Impossible to put away even after you have read it several times
Opens the eye of the heart to the light of the divine
Opens the ears of the heart to the music the sound of divine love
on 18 January 2014
I'm still working my way through this long book but find it fascinating. So far it's a wonderful mixture of the Song of Solomon, Aesop's Fables and mysticism. It's one to keep and needs careful reading.
on 18 March 2013
I am very happy with the translation, makes such complex spiritual experience to be understood.

I found it fascinating how he begins a story, then moves on to a story within that story, and again moves to another within that one. Through this composition style, the poet’s personal voice comes through to his audience. It is truly wonderful.
on 31 August 2015
Rumi... what more needs to be said?
on 17 February 2015