Size: Mouse|Change
Price:£2.49+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 16 August 2013
This is a great toy combined with catnip. There have been some turf-wars, cat gang violence and shootings as a result of uncertainty in the catnip supply and distribution network in our living room and study but apart from that, all good.
11 comment|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 February 2013
Much happiness and frolicking from the cats with this item. Worth buying a jar of catnip to update it when they have worn it out. Be warned it can look like a lump of poo when you walk in the room so perhaps another animal shape would be better!
on 23 January 2013
I bought the Kong Beaver along with the rat, squirrel and frog for my cats' Christmas presents. As with all Kong products, they proved to be real winners with the moggie brigade, from my 6 month old kitten to my grumpy 4 year old male.

The beaver comes with a Velcro strip down its back which you open and fill with some of the catnip out of the tube provided with the item. You then seal the Velcro and throw to your cat, making sure you put the lid back on the catnip for next time (each fill should last a good few weeks).

All my cats love these toys. I had a good laugh at Mr Tibbs who is grumpy at the best of times. I caught him rolling about on the floor with his toy making lots of satisfied nomming noises. They do end up rather soggy after a good play session, so you may wish to put on a radiator to dry out. All good fun and may even consider buying one for my husband...
on 24 June 2013
Once filled with cat nip my cat goes crazy drooling and purring and rubbing it all over his face. It is hilarious watching his overjoyed expression when he plays with this! washable too, great after all the drool has dried!
on 5 February 2014
My cat Max was really fussing round me as soon as I started to open the box so he could obviously smell something already. The rat isn't stuffed, so I put a few cotton wool balls in with the cat nip to bulk it out. He was on my lap as I did it! As soon as I gave it to him he went nuts for it, licking. chewing and rolling around with it in his mouth and kept going for much longer than his other toys. By the time he'd had enough it was sopping wet but he was very very happy. It's now on the radiator to dry out and Max is sleeping soundly. It seems well made and the velcro seal looks secure so lets see how it lasts under sustained cat loving!

Although it's a little smaller than I expected I checked dimensions and it is approx 9 cm long as they say. To be honest Max loved it so much the size is somewhat irrelevant!!
on 25 July 2013
My three cats love these so much, that I bought several! They play with them for hours and when they start to ignore them, I just top up the catnip and its like they have a new toy all over again. Highly recommend.
on 8 March 2014
He didn't love the beaver, it wasn't the beavers fault, it was him. They just didnt click. I think he prefers a more petite toy type. He loves a bottle top or plastic tag, but not, apparently, a specially bought beaver toy.
on 20 December 2012
Over the past couple of years, we have spend endless amounts of money on toys for our cat; most of which he doesn't play with and has no interested in.
So, when we bought this toy we didn't have high hopes. However, he loves it!! He goes absolutely mad for the Kong Catnip that is supplied with the toy. So much so that we had to buy a large tub of it to re-fill his toys.
We have several of these Kong Catnip toys for him now (including a frog and a squirrel) as he really doesn't entertain anything else.
These are really great little cat toys. The only downside is, my cat loves them so much that he spends hours licking them to death, resulting in some very soggy and saliva filled toys!!
on 28 July 2013
Both my moggys went mad for this when i got it.
Had a 10 minute or so pash then sloped off to bed.
It now looks properly like a dead rat.
Will refill it in a couple of days as they do like a bit of catnip, the floozies.
You only need to put a tiny bit of catnip in it, probably less than a teaspoon so theres plenty for further sessions!
on 6 December 2014
Bought this for Christmas and wrapped it up for my cats, comes with catnip! Let's just say they found it and unwrapped it early, will be buying more
review image review image