5.0 out of 5 stars A must have..., 26 May 2011
G. Heywood (Northamptonshire) - See all my reviews
I don't normally buy books about musicians (although I also have Animal Instinct), but made an exception for this as it was meant to cover all era's of the band.

The book doesn't disappoint and does exactly that, starting with some of early shows from 1979 in Sheffield, right up to present day. There is a mixture of formal, informal, live, backstage, on the road, the studio, and even in the bath! Obviously you would expect a high standard of photos from Mr Halfin, but more than that, they are carefully arranged and commented (by the band) to give you some insight to life in a rock band. Through the pictures, you get at least a glimpse of how they changed, matured, and grew up (and old!) together.

A good pictorial history and well worth the cash.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Definate for fans, 16 Jun 2012
This book goes back to the early days. It is a very good insight to the bands history. I have been a fan for many years and have enjoyed looking back on some of the photos of the band and how they have changed. This book is a must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for any Def Leppard fan!, 27 Jun 2011
Ms. G. L. Pryor "Book addict" (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this as a present for my mum's birthday and she loves it. Its a must have for any Def Leppard fan and is worth every penny, the photos are fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a real nostalgic trip back to my youth., 4 Jun 2014
I was (am) a massive fan of the Lepps from their very first album right up to Adrenalize. I hated Slang, enjoyed Euphoria and chucked X in the bin. Since that time I lost interest in Sheffield's finest musical export since that time but that lost interest was rekindled by the release of Viva Hysteria and then I came across this "people are also buying..." Recommendation from Amazon. Ross Halfin's association sold me (as I have Ross' book on Maiden).

This book was a real trip down memory lane for me as I've seen the Lepps a lot over the years and seeing these top quality, bird's eye view of the band brought my childhood flooding back. During my band days, we used to practice Leppard numbers all the time including many from their excellent first two releases, and dreamed of living their lifestyles as we imagined them. Halfin's photos give us a glimpse at what that lifestyle might have looked like in reality as we only imagined it. Thanks Ross for the memories and what is a terrific book full of great insights into what is one of the most interesting, if inconsistent, rock bands to hail from the Sceptred Isle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic def lep!, 1 Sep 2013
This review is from: Def Leppard: The Definitive Visual History (Kindle Edition)
Fans of def leppard will like this book purely for photos as its more pictures than text but it's still a good book !

5.0 out of 5 stars Def Leppard Fan, 16 Jan 2013
This book is realy good for any Def Leppard fan, it's well produced with some excellent photographs, a must for the serious fan or anyone into Rock Band Photos. Excellent value for money