Wow! is all I can say. This is simply brilliant. Its got the whole day captured from guests arriving 'till they drove off in Chales's Astin Martin. But what sets this above the rest is the beautiful commentary by Jennie Bond and the 48 page colour booklet full of pictures to die for. I cannot recommend this highly enough.
Published on 29 Jun. 2011 by M J fan

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality not so good
Published on 5 May 2011 by Josh

5.0 out of 5 stars The Royal Wedding - Wiiliam & Catherine ( 2 Disc collectors set with limited edition booklet), 29 Jun. 2011
This review is from: The Royal Wedding - William & Catherine (2 Disc Collector's Set with Limited Edition Booklet) [DVD] (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning top quality programme, 28 Jun. 2011
Being a huge Royal Family keeno, I jumped at the opportunity to get my hands on this. What attracted me was the glossy booklet complete with around two dozen photos, highlighting the fashion element of the wedding. I was also highly impressed with the packaging as a whole and how professional it looked.

Unlike some DVDs where the actual programme doesn't live up to the "showy" packaging, I can honestly say that this was a delight to watch. The sound and picture quality is incredible (I think it was filmed in HD) and the narration by Jennie Bond was fascinating. I thought it was a nice touch having additional commentary from James Sherwood and Martin Brunt as each had something extra to add from a slightly different angle to each other...and I personally don't like listening to the same voice throughout!

Regarding the actual content, you get the full whack -- not just the ceremony but the whole build up beforehand (you see Prince William talking very informally to the crowd on the evening before his wedding) right up until the couple drive back to Clarence House in the Aston Martin.

An excellent programme, greatly appealing and highly recommended, whether you're Royally obsessed or not!

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality not so good, 5 May 2011
I watched it on BBC One on the Royal Wedding day live and I find the editing was good and so is the quality of it. That is why I chose to buy BBC's rather than buying ITV's version which I have not seen but a pound cheaper. However, I am quite disappointed with the quality of the video when I watched the DVD. Imagery was not clear as if it was downloaded from youtube or home recorded.

I personally think BBC should provide the best quality version as I bought the DVD hoping to be able to keep a piece of Britain's history thus surely I want it to be of good quality so that I can keep it for years.

Anyway I've bought it, maybe I'll try ITV's one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Reccommended, 30 Jun. 2011
A neat programme, well presented and genuinely interesting. Not only do you get the full coverage of the wedding but there is also commentary throughout, which is a huge plus in my opinion. I loved the booklet, a worthy addition to the package which focusses on fashion and taught me many things I hadn't known previously. Highly reccommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Royal Wedding DVD, 10 Jun. 2011
Having spent the whole Royal Wedding day with like-minded friends,I was always going to want "the DVD!"
One of the main reasons was the music. I love the whole church music sound, particularly when performed in a great cathedral.
I found that Amazon gave me the best choice and the opportunity to select the best price!
On the day, we all agreed that the BBC coverage would be our choice and this DVD is compiled from that coverage. Over the years, I have found the BBC to be the best at Royal, National and Ceremonial events and, for me, this was no different.
The DVD is well put together and of excellent quality and I would recommend it unreservedly.

5.0 out of 5 stars A thrilling DVD, 11 July 2011
My wife and I have recently purchased this DVD of the Royal Wedding and we really enjoyed it. The pageantry and colour were excellent and well described by Jennie Bond and also being able to see the wedding service in full was first class. The additional bonus was the souvenir booklet giving all the extra information one usually misses on TV. We highly recommend this DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wedding magic, 2 Sept. 2011
I am so glad that I bought this 2 disc collector's set of the royal wedding.I had recorded the wedding on my recorder but it does not compare to the ones I bought.It is a beautiful reminder of a wonderful day and no doubt my Granddaughter will thank me for this in years to come.William and Kate are a lovely couple and their love for each other is so obvious, unlike his poor Mother who married a man she loved but who did not love her.

4.0 out of 5 stars Royal Wedding 2 disc Collector's Set, 20 July 2011
I found this set very pleasant, and it contained all the items I wanted to see, as I was out of the country on the wedding day. Therefore I am pleased with the result.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars not enough - it's brilliant!, 15 July 2011
You won't be disappointed with this one. No studio chat, no 'talking heads', just 180 minutes of Royal Wedding bliss.

Starting the night before with William talking to the crowd outside Clarence House, through to every inch of the blue Aston Martin car ride, this DVD has every minute of the Royal Wedding - and nothing else!

Beautiful shots of the guests, the ceremony and processions, crowds in the Mall, and The Kiss - nothing is missed.

Jenny Bond's commentary knows when to speak and, more importantly, when to shut up.

If William and Kate wanted their own wedding DVD, this is the one they would choose.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fitting Conclusion to a Wonderful Day!, 5 Jun. 2011
We started out by recording from TV (BBC of course!)from the start of their transmission to shut down after "The Kiss!"
Why did we bother? We should have known that Amazon would do it all -- and far better than our amateurish efforts! What does one need to add other than "WELL DONE TO THE WHOLE CREW!" who produced something that will be cherished for a lifetime.Sincere thanks to everyone concerned.