5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant
I bought this box set for my daughter who is Glee mad. She loved it, we didn't see for days as she watched one episode straight after the other then watched them all again. We don't have Sky so she is missing out on the third series but can't wait until September to buy the box set of it.
Published on 7 May 2012 by murphy2

3.0 out of 5 stars not my favourite season.
I bought it cause I was obsessed with glee, but this isn't my favourite season, so it was pointless for me.
Published 11 months ago by mimi

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 7 May 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Glee - The Complete Second Season, 27 May 2011
N. Wilson "nigel-wilson" (Bristol, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Glee - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
On the whole, Season 2 of the hit US television show (well... phenomenon, let's be honest) is a very enjoyable affair. The season features some awesome storylines, some great song choices (and performances) and the acting this season has been outstanding; and a vast improvement on some of Season 1's more wooden performances.

The show develops into a more dramatic affair this season; if I were to sum up the seasons themes in two words I would use "ambition" and "acceptance" - Rachel struggles through the season juggling love with her ambition, whilst Will just struggles with love during these 22 episodes; meanwhile, Kurt fights to be accepted by his peers and Artie begins dating one of the most popular girls in school whilst Tina and Mike begin an Asian fusion of romance.

The season also introduces some great additional characters; Sam and Sunshine are fantastic and cute additions to the show and both have truly outstanding voices, Blaine - the lead vocalist to a rival show choir - is truly brilliant and completely lovely, whilst substitute teacher Holly Holiday is hilarious (although she slightly outstays her welcome). Meanwhile, some of season one's supporting characters have moved up to season regulars- Brittany and Santana have been excellent this seasons- Brittany's one-liners and Santana's fierce attitude and catty comebacks literally add some of the best comedy into this season (aside from Sue, obviously!).

Unfortunately Season 2 of Glee is a relatively confusing mash-up of very enjoyable musical television comedy and poorly planned plots lines. On the whole, the season is great fun to watch, as was season one, and should you be a standard fan of the show, it does itself justice. Meanwhile, if you a very massive Gleek like me, the flaws and inconsistencies become a little tiring and frustrating- sometimes its like they're making it up as they go along; and given the shows enormous success, it's pretty much inexcusable.

But on a show-by-show basis; there really are some great episodes - "Britney/Brittany" doesn't quite meet the Madonna-episode standards but is brilliantly executed and Heather Morris does an outstanding job playing Brittany in this episode, "Born This Way" is this season's GaGa episode which is really enjoyable, "Prom Queen" is a highly intense and truly wonderful episode whilst "Funeral" is brilliantly moving and darkly funny too.

However the best episode, in my opinion, would be "Duets" which really takes on a full ensemble approach and we get to enjoy every character equally- look out for the Santana/Mercedes performance of `River Deep, Mountain High' which is brilliant and Kurt's performance of `Le Jazz Hot' which is sensational. Also, the season finale is pretty much amazing- although a little flawed (sadly) but there are some utterly breathtaking moments!

On the whole, the season is really enjoyable and I do recommend it as an avid viewer. To those, who like me, are just a little bit addicted- well it's not all bad; we can just hope that the writing team pick up their game a bit next season to produce a show with some consistency to its storylines!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good season - not a product for collectors, 10 Sep 2013
This review is from: Glee - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I'm not going to comment on the season itself. I just wanted to let potential buyers know that this product is season 2 vol. 1 + season 2 vol. 2 with a cardboard box around it. I myself was disappointed in this, as I always throw the cardboard away, but it looks stupid having two seperate boxes for the same season. If you (like me) consider your seasons a collector's item, I would avoid this product and find a box with the complete season.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Glee - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Glee is such a great show! Got the first series and really wanted to continue watching it. This DVD arrived quickly and in perfect condition. Can't fault it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 1 April 2013
This review is from: Glee - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Really good value for money and was great because it come with bonus features, for example behind the scenes with the characters (as the characters not the actors) which was really entertaining

4.0 out of 5 stars Gleek much, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: Glee - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Was a gift for a fan, reasonable price and arrived promptly, perfect for any fan or collectors to rematch over and over

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 30 Jun 2011
This review is from: Glee - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
It appears to me that the majority of shows do not seem to be as strong in their second season as what they are in their first. This is not the case for Glee. Glee comes back stronger than ever this season, and I believe that this is a show that could easily last another 5 or 6 seasons. Gwyneth Paltrow's performances were outstanding, and I hope that we see more of her when Season 3 gets underway. I am a massive fan of the new character Blaine, and I feel his storyline with Kurt brings something new to the show, which is strong and interesting to watch. There is also a good choice of songs for season two as well. This show has introduced me to music I would never have thought about listening to before, and I believe that this show has so much more potential. One improvement I can note on from Season 1 is the increased screen time of Naya Rivera (Santana) and Heather Morris (Brittany). They were both amazing in Season one, but the best of their characters is not really until mid way through season two. It is hard to pick a "stand-out" episode for this season, but if I had to it would be "The Sue Sylvester Shuffle". The cast looked like they had really enjoyed the songs in that episode, with all the fancy dress, and that episode without a doubt is one example of Glee at its best.

4.0 out of 5 stars More classic Glee, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Glee - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
You have to like this kind of thing in the first place but if you do, then this is classic Glee - the music is great and there are some brilliantly bizarre one-liners.
One minus point: disc one wouldn't play on my dvd player but did on my computer - otherwise I would have had to send it back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Glee - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
o bought this for a present so i've not watched it

4.0 out of 5 stars More of the same, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: Glee - Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
If you loved Season 1 of Glee then you will love this. I started buying these to watch with my teenage son who is totally hooked. The singing is great although I am getting rather bored with all the boyfriend/girfriend swopping and teen angst but that's probably because I'm old! Its mildly risque in parts for younger teens. Otherwise its all pretty harmless. Sue Sylvester really makes it - she has the best lines, the best put-downs and her hilarious attempts to destroy Glee club and generally take over the world are priceless. Its good to see the character of Emma developing in this series and I think the series handles the issue of Kurt's sexuality very well even if he is a bit of a gay stereoptype. However his character and the bullying he has to deal with are handled in a way that is really positive (also good for teenagers to see). However, most of the other characters are pretty shallow and I'm hoping some of them get to develop a bit more in the later series. However, with its combination of teenage rites of passage and great show tunes its not hard to see why this has been so successful.

Glee - Season 2 [DVD]
Glee - Season 2 [DVD] by Lea Michele (DVD - 2011)