5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking read!
I loved this book from the start and found it very hard to put down. For the price of 86p it was value for money...
Full of twists and turns, time travel and past lives, I was quickly drawn into this book. Very enjoyable and would highly recommend this as a book you can curl up with.
Published on 16 Sep 2011 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published 12 months ago by Julie W

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 7 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Other Place (Kindle Edition)
This book is, in my opinion, badly written, with a lot of repetition, for example the author makes reference to the coverings on Chrissie's 3 piece suite twice in consecutive paragraphs, despite the fact that this information has no significance to the story. At the start I didn't have a clue in what period the book was set until there was a reference to Elvis Presley. until that point the book could have been set in any period after the Edwardian era. I found the characters two-dimensional and unconvincing. In particular I found it implausible that Chrissie could end up as a counsellor when the author is at pains to emphasise her inability to mix with other people. Having read the other reviews which rated the story line highly, I was expecting a well written and plausible story. However, I was very disappointed with this book,and I am afraid I would not recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, very poorly executed, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Other Place (Kindle Edition)
This was an interesting idea for a story (reincarnation/time travel element), but the writing is abysmal. The storyline jumps around all over the place and the characters are very inconsistent, often changing attitude or motivation from one sentence to the next. This makes it very confusing and jarring to read.

Punctuation also seems to have been inserted by randomly throwing it at the page, resulting in full stops or commas where none should be, and entire paragraphs missing any punctuation whatsoever. I don't believe this has been proofread at all and honestly wonder how on earth it got published - I've seen better writing from children.

I resent spending 64p on this given that I am currently reading a free book that is a hundred times better written. Don't do it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Amateurish, 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Other Place (Kindle Edition)
Relieved I only spent 64p on this book as it is so badly written I had to give up after reading 6%. I must learn to read past the good reviews (which I'm starting to think must be written by friends and family) and check to see how many poor reviews a Kindle book has before wasting my money....

1.0 out of 5 stars Disjointed and disappointed, 10 May 2014
This review is from: The Other Place (Kindle Edition)
I agree with other one star reviewers. While the idea for the story is good, the execution of it is appalling. You do not have to wait for a new chapter to change scene or characters, or even years! it jumps around in paragraphs. A very disjointed read.
An example of this: One minute Chrissie, the main character is deciding to look for a factory job; in the next sentence her mother approaches her for changing jobs and she replies she has been working for two years!
There is far too much repetition and I disliked intensely the use of 'mom' from a character from Birmingham UK!
Briefly the story is about two sisters with a dreadful, abusive stepfather. One believes she has lived a past life with this stepfather in it and turns to a clairvoyant to help her.
Sorry, I won't be reading any other books by this author.

1.0 out of 5 stars not bad as a first draft, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Other Place (Kindle Edition)
Has potential to be a good story but really needs some work. It's a little thin and would benefit from going further into the reasons for Chrissie's phobias and the 'other place'. The ending is an anti climax.

2.0 out of 5 stars What a lot of tosh would not recommend this book at all it was just so bad I wanted to scream, 10 May 2014
This review is from: The Other Place (Kindle Edition)
What a lot of rubbish this has to be one of the worst books I have read in my 62 years if she can be published so can i if I write trash I don't often submit my reviews but this time I felt the need

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring and twee., 19 April 2014
This review is from: The Other Place (Kindle Edition)
A little boring and predictable.I am not sure who i would recommend this to.Maybe a quick holiday read.It touches on certain things,it does not follow through.It appears to be written by a person just starting out as a writer.not very professional yet.Not very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking read!, 16 Sep 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Painfully bad, 24 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Other Place (Kindle Edition)
Cringingly badly written. Clumsy attempt at local Brummy dialect interspersed with frequent Americanisms such as "mom". Development of the confused storyline felt very awkward and contrived and reminded me of a badly written school composition - as did the standard of grammar and misuse of punctuation. Sorry, but I would not recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Other Place, 13 Aug 2011
S Douthwaite (Lincolnshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Other Place (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I felt drawn in and invited into a lovely story with emotional twists, supernatural wonder and family values.
With financial struggles and difficult events, Chrissie tries to build a positive way out of her phobic life. However, there is a character whom no one would really want to meet. But what about the emotional ties to this person? I found part of the story quite tear jerking and profound.
I love the way the author cleverly dips the characters in and out a past life. The story really flows. I found this an unusual plot and very good, especially the ending. The Other Place is a very special place. I feel this author has talent and a great asset to a readers library.

The Other Place