5.0 out of 5 stars Great replica for firearm disarm and CQB training, 8 May 2012
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Delxue Martial Arts TP Rubber Training Replica Gun (Misc.)
This is a good quality - and more importantly - realistic replica firearm for CQB and martial art training. I train in Krav Maga, and this is the tool I use.

Realism is the most important aspect of training - especially when you're training in firearm or edged weapon disarms, an area where there can be zero margin for error.

Realism is everything and this gun provides it. The size and detailing is exact - with the hammer, safety lock and even the ridges along the barrel, on the handle and by the magazine all being faithfully recreated. That's important, as you should use your sense of touch to orientate yourself and understand where your hand is on the weapon - not your eyes.

The weight is just right - which means you learn the exact force needed in disarms and how the gun will feel and behave in a struggle and in your own hands should your disarm succeed (which if you're not used too handing guns, can appear surprisingly heavy).

The only part of this gun that isn't faithfully recreated is the trigger - in fact there is none. But again, this is no bad thing as accidents (such as broken fingers) happen easily during fast & blind disarms. The lack of a trigger gives fingers that little more room and chance to avoid injury. You'll still need to be careful though, so I advise training with you finger outside of the trigger guard.

The gun is brightly coloured too so that when training outside, there is no mistake it's a training tool and you don't end up surrounded by S.W.A.T or SO19. The gun is a solid centre with a rubber outing to offer some (but not much) protection when used in trainng as an offensive weapon - however, I can tell you - get pistol whipped with this and it is still bloody painful and enough to draw blood and cause quite serious injury. The rubberised out is more to protect floors and the gun itself, when the gun is dropped of smashed on or off hard surfaces.

Overall, an excellent training tool. The only better one would be a full replica gun, but that would come with added dangers and is not a realistic option for beginners, or civilian classes really.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect weight and feel for practice., 10 Sep 2013
Sáss Alæssí (Congleton. Cheshire East, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delxue Martial Arts TP Rubber Training Replica Gun (Misc.)
Even though the Delxue Martial Arts TP Rubber Training Replica Gun, is a fake handgun is made of a rather tough hardened version of rubber it is very easy to get lost in the belief that you are wrongly pointing a weapon at someone when we are doing our Krav Maga or Aikido training. The TP is a sturdy little thing too and I can't really see you breaking it anytime soon. It's made of sturn stuff my friends.
We regularly get hurt whilst training, whilst other martial arts consider this the wrong path, in Krav Maga it prepares you for no surprises if something was to come up.
Being beaten about the head, having your wrists, shoulders, knees, genitals, neck and every available pressure point assaulted after a few months you build a level of numbness to it, so when your instructor is running up your body to carry out a neck spin using his body weight and strength your counter is so much easier than it was a few months ago.
All because we use the realistic feeling of the Delxue Martial Arts TP Rubber Training Replica Gun weapon, and knife, sword, bokken, sais, tanto, katana etc etc. In fact I prefer it now going up against a weapon than a person, no matter what is said to me, by my instructors at Krav Maga and my Sensei at Aikido, the Soto Zen Buddhist in me still does not like to hurt a fellow individual, this is why Krav Maga suits me. As violent as it is, the main principle still remains to debilitate your opponent with the greatest speed and skill to allow time for you remove yourself out of the situation. Only IF they were going to use lethal force against you will you adopt your Lethal Krav Maga position with a view to that person never getting up again.
After nearly 30yrs I still love going twice weekly, even when injured, and once weekly to Aikido.
There is a famous saying which is something I live by and try to teach my friends too when we have time "Learn a martial art and walk with peace on this earth" It is so unbelievably true and I'm very thankful for it.
Peace my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars exactly right, 11 Oct 2012
Adam Aspinall (Buckinghamshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delxue Martial Arts TP Rubber Training Replica Gun (Misc.)
I was expecting an orange gun, but the one that arrived is black.

This doesn't make a difference to me (hopefully the neighbours won't call armed police on me!) who brought the gun for martial arts use in my home gym.

It's perfect for this use. Decent weight, strong but not hard, exact size and everything. A perfect product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Sep 2014
This review is from: Delxue Martial Arts TP Rubber Training Replica Gun (Misc.)
Woke up this morning with a boom boom in my hand.