on 9 January 2012
The screen's electric pull down motor operation is quiet and it looks smart on my wall where I installed it (can be installed on the ceiling as well).

Have not yet tried projecting on it as the projector has not been delivered yet. This screen was however delivered unexpectedly quickly. Gave it 4 out of 5 cos on the item description it reads "APPROX 270CM WIDTH WITH CASING" - yes, it says approximate but, the width with casing is in fact closer to 290 (about 285 or there abouts, I forget now), which gave me a bit of a fright as for a moment I thought it wasn't going to fit my 3M wide basement room wall which I am kitting up with this set up. I though I would have had about 15cm each side, instead I only had about 5. Had it not fitted, I would have been very annoyed and given it 1 star but likely it went well for me.

Can't say anything about durability as I've only just bought it. What I can say is that when you roll the screen fully down, it gives off a nasty chemicaly-plasticy smell. Must be what the screen has been treated with. Hopefully it will go with time but for now, I need to open the window when the screed is fully deployed.

..........

I have been using this screen for some time now. The smell is long gone. So far I can't fault it considering the price. The reflectivity of the screen is good for my needs.
review image
on 12 December 2011
Just received this and installed it, few things worth noting - it does smell pretty grim at first, well worth removing from the box and airing as soon as you get it, then also leave the screen down for awhile as that also carries a smell almost like paint drying for a few days before it settles down.

The screen itself is good quality, image doesnt go through the screen and can't be seen from the rear.

The motorised setting does allow you to stop and start lowering the screen as much as needed - doesnt just open all the way out and close. Cable to the plug is of a decent length maybe 1.5m - 2m and haven't purchased the remote control option yet but seriously considering it once I get using the screen more and then I can decide if I really need it as the button control with it is fine for now in fairness - not like you need to lower and raise the screen every 5 minutes.

Mounting brackets at either end of the screen allow mounting to a wall or to ceiling, no screws etc came with this so you will need to source those yourself, ceiling mount main hole is around 5mm and has 2 smaller holes either side.

All in all a good piece of kit, excellent value for money at £99.
on 1 March 2016
This is a great motorized screen. Installation was easy (two screws to mount it; plug it in and you're good to go). The motor is quiet, although it's pretty slow - however, it starts and stops automatically so you don't have to wait with your hand on the up/down switch. Screen itself is good - I haven't compared the brightness from the same projector with different screens, but it seems bright enough for me.

One thing you might need to know, though. Because of where I put the screen, I wanted it to stop (on the way down) a couple of inches short of its full extent. I figured there had to be a way to change the stop position, and took the whole thing apart to see how (there are no instructions with it!). Then I realized that there are two adjusters accessible without dismantling the thing! If you look into the slot (where the screen unwinds from) to the extreme right of the screen itself, there are two adjusters (one grey, one red) hidden inside the canopy. You can adjust these with an allen key (or even a screwdriver at a pinch) to fine-tune the points at which the motor stops when extending and retracting the screen. Be careful when adjusting the "up-stop" point, though, or the motor will try to pull the bottom rod of the screen into the housing, which would be bad. Screen now stops where I want it, just short of its pre-set maximum travel.
on 9 June 2012
The Duronic electric screen is the very best value. A good product that is fit for purpose at a price which does not suggest its high build quality. My screen does make some strange noises when lowering from a fully closed position. I would buy this screen again and recommend it to anyone.
on 8 October 2013
I was gonna buy a bigger tv than the 50 inch I allready got but it was £800 so I decided to buy this screen along with a projector and saved £500.00 to watch football and for my boy to play his xbox and would recommend this to anyone.
review image
on 30 September 2011
Item was delivered extremely quickly and the price is very good. I would however recommend buying the wireless remote control with this item. I purchased it afterwards.
on 18 July 2012
I should first say that I did in fact send this back. For me the downsides were too much.

Pros:
Well built
easy to put up
Looks professional
good price
Good supplier

Cons:
Because its untensioned you get 'waves' forming at the edge (this is completely normal for an untensioned screen and you would pay far more for a tensioned one) This would be the same problem on similar smaller screens but to a lesser degree.
Didn't like the texturing of the material

The first con for me was too much. My wall looks better and is flatter. I am able to paint a square of white on a gray wall and found this worked much better although of course its always there. I would suggest that if you dont have a clear wall and need a cheap screen to cover whatever is on it then this is an economic choice. If however you do have a plain wall then this is not worth it especially if you are able to paint a black/gray border on said wall.
on 25 July 2011
Great screen bought this back in july, have had no problems with it, also would recommend the remote which was extra but still well worth the money,
picture quality using my jvc x3 projector was good in normal and 3d viewing.
Best part about screen is i can detach the powercord so no wires hanging around if im not using it.

just another thing i remembered is to make sure you open some windows as the smell can be a little much as the material is new, but once used for a few weeks smell does go.

Very fast on delivery hope this little review will help.
on 13 August 2014
Picture looks great, but unfortunately there is a noticeable ripple on the screen we had delivered, instead of it lying completely flat. This is very distracting on rapid panning shots.

Once you have it installed, you don't really want to remove it again (I had to rip up the floor in the room above)

Very good value at the price, although consider a slightly smaller screen if you are making your own surround for the hole it drops through, as you cannot get wood at that length from DIY stores (its a few inches too large) and it really is big- (a little too big for viewing across my living room.)
on 14 June 2012
Bought this screen a good while ago now, I wanted to put it through its paces before i reviewed it. Paired with optoma hd300x. At this price range I honestly believe it performs as well as a more expensive screen. Very nice to look at with it's black casing. Slight light reflection noticed rarely on some movies, then again I can't help but look for imperfections that most do not notice. All in all at this price i'm very very happy, excellent screen.