on 1 October 2012
I have been buying this product 'Pettex Compressed Bale Meadow Hay' for a number of months and used a packet of five bales approximately every month. For a while, I was very satisfied with the product. It was clean and dry, and whilst expensive for what it was, I felt the extra cost worth the convenience of having the delivery door-to-door. Two months ago the bales were not good quality...they smelt musty and felt damp to the touch despite it being mid-summer at the time. Although I used the bales relatively quickly, the last two bales went mouldy, with clouds of mould going into the air as I tried to pull apart the hay. I threw the bales onto the compost heap and complained to Amazon, who could do little as I had thrown away the hay - the evidence. Amazon told me to complain to the manufacturer, but I saw little point, given the lack of evidence. The next delivery was satisfactory, so I thought the previous experience was a one-off issue. Sadly, this is not the case. The bales delivered this week even look damp through the packaging. On opening, the hay feels damp and clammy to touch and does not have a pleasant 'dried hay' smell, as I expect from a hay product for small animals who like to sleep in hay as well eat it and use it for litter. I have to give this product one star but really it should have none. I will not be buying this product again.
on 3 February 2013
I have a few rabbits and was pleased to see that they devoured every last piece of hay that was given to them.
I have been giving them different types of hay along side their food and haven't been able to find a product that was of great value but also of good quality as well.

I have now ordered this product for the second time and can't wait for it to arrive and see it all disappear so quickly!
I wood recommend this hay to anyone that wants a brilliant product that your rabbit would enjoy.
The only thing that i would say is that when you receive the product they are different from the image shown,they are not XL large bale but you still get a good amount for your money.The four star out of five is because of this image, not the product or the price.
on 29 April 2012
my guinea pigs like this hay but it's not good value as it's not a particularly big bale. my guinea pigs prefer the uncompressed hay as the compressed bale has smaller pieces of hay that are more dried out than the type I usually buy.
on 14 June 2014
The guinea pig centre loved this item it was used very quickly with so many little animals to satisfy. Thanks.
on 13 February 2014
The hay smelt damp, and some felt damp. We had to tip the hay into a larger bag, loosen it and let it air for a few days. Once aired the hay was of good quality, and not dusty.
on 25 April 2016
thought it was barley straw , but this came and my guinea pigs eat it, was supposed to be bedding.