5.0 out of 5 stars Astron Solar Floodlight - 6 month review
Published on 11 April 2012 by Dave G

2.0 out of 5 stars ABig disappointment.
Doesn't work vety well ay all during the winter months. The sales description it will work with daylight. It only worked for a few hours when there wss bright sunshine for a few hours. Overall very disappointed with it. I have even got it connected to a second boostet solar panel i.e. its got 2 solar panels connect to charge the battery. It still doesn't work in the...
Published 5 months ago by BD

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Astron Solar Floodlight - 6 month review, 11 April 2012
This review is from: SolarCentre Astron Solar Floodlight (Garden & Outdoors)
I have had one of these units attached to the wall above my patio and I am very pleased with it. Even though the review period has been during the winter period with less sunlight the unit has worked very well. It comes on automatically when it gets dark and easily illuminates my patio 30ft x 30ft plus a good part of the garden. It's usually still one when I go to bed and is must be running for 6+ hours. You get a remote control with it if you want to override the automatic on-off - but I've not really had to worry about it. Certainly to be recommended as not only does it save electricity and provide a really bright light, but also means you don't have to worry about running mains cables. It is built very well with a sturdy metal case and looks like it should last for a good many years.

Dave

5.0 out of 5 stars Astron solar floodlight, 20 April 2012
This review is from: SolarCentre Astron Solar Floodlight (Garden & Outdoors)
After checking out all other solar lights I went for this Astron solar floodlight it came well raped once I opened the box I new I made the right choice the solar panel is a nice size not to big and framed in aluminium and connected to it is a 5m cable which seems very robust .The light unit itself is rather heavy but this is due to the quality a solid piece of kit and the size of the unit is quite small but it gives off a great amount of light , the fixing s for the light are more than enough to hold this to any brick/block work. the set came with a nice small remote control which you can turn the light of and on with but you must remember that if you turn the light of with the remote at night you must turn it back on in the day light by doing this it will come back on automatically at dark if you do not turn it back on in the day light it will NOT come on until you turn it on with the remote. By have it set like this it means that if in the winter you wish to charge it right up you can switch the light off in turn when you do switch the light on you have the chance of it lighting up for upto 12 hours very handy if you have an outside party during the winter months.
All in all would I recommend this light 100% yes it might be i bit pricy but well worth the money.There is now a security light in the range also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 21 July 2013
This review is from: SolarCentre Astron Solar Floodlight (Garden & Outdoors)
Bought this to light up my garage for working in. The cable was way too short i needed 50 ft to fix the panel to somewhere safe out reach of kids. I bought a reel of general speaker wire from B&Q for about £10 and cut the cable and joined it back together using the 50 ft of speaker wire. It has charged itself and works fine for the few minutes i have used it but the true test is in winter! We will have to wait and see. Overall very happy, gives out some good light, unit was smaller than expected but makes no difference. Price will come down but worth buying if needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality solar flood light, 3 Oct. 2013
This review is from: SolarCentre Astron Solar Floodlight (Garden & Outdoors)
Very heavy, well made and well packed. This is nothing like the cheap solar lights which are rubbish. Does just what I wanted, the light is bright and clear and the area it lights is great. It is the same as a 100w flood light. Stays on for at least 5/6 hours with a bright days charge. Only things to note are the cable is only 5 metres so the light and solar panel have to be quite close together, and the remote control has limited use i.e. if you turn the light off with it, you have to switch it on with the remote the next day.
Overall a great product that I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Astron Solar Floodlight, 17 April 2012
This review is from: SolarCentre Astron Solar Floodlight (Garden & Outdoors)
i bought this solar flood light for a present for a member of the family because he has got a large fish pond near the garage. i though this would be the perfect product to suit his needs to light up the pond up at night using the remote control provided . the great thing about this product is that you dont need to wire it up to 240 volt mains because the solar flood light uses the sun to chage up and no mains and it is much safer plus it is a great price

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Does The Job, 3 Feb. 2014
This review is from: SolarCentre Astron Solar Floodlight (Garden & Outdoors)
I was impressed with this that's why I also bought the solar centre eye security light. Luckily I get sunshine all day where I live, just a bit of a risk having it stolen, as it is in my front garden. My neighbour even asked me where did I buy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Astron Solar floodlight, 24 Oct. 2013
This review is from: SolarCentre Astron Solar Floodlight (Garden & Outdoors)
Great product gives plenty of light for my stables where there is no electric. Even on a dark winters night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Solar Floodlight, 13 April 2012
This review is from: SolarCentre Astron Solar Floodlight (Garden & Outdoors)
Purchased this just under two months ago to light up a patio area at the bottom of the garden. I did have an existing solar floodlight but it did not provide the level of lighting required. Although a little pricey it does what it says on the tin and provides an excellent level of lighting for the patio. The design is also robust and is likely to stand the test of time in terms of resisting the weather. I would say that this probably does equate to a 250 - 300w floodlight and the daylight colour adds to the brightness. If you are considering putting mains in to provide a lighting in a remote part of your garden then this is probably a more cost effective option that will meet your needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars great light for farm buildings, 5 Dec. 2013
This review is from: SolarCentre Astron Solar Floodlight (Garden & Outdoors)
meets all expectations, bought this light for a 45ft barn with no mains power, it does a great job. Having the remote means we can turn it on as we leave the house and turn off when finished.
Would definitely recommend for anywhere that needs a light on for a length of time and a decent work light.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic & worth the money, 18 Jan. 2014
This review is from: SolarCentre Astron Solar Floodlight (Garden & Outdoors)
I Bought this floodlight for our barn (30ft x 60 ft) where we have no electric and would cost a lot more then the £125 I paid for this light.
I bought it so we could look at our cows in the evening rather than walking around with a small torch or having to shine lights off the car in!.
The good..
The build quality is excellent alloy frame and good quality brackets and bolts.
The light really does last 6 hours with the single solar panel.
The light is very bright
The remote is very handy and has a good range , ive mounted it on some Velcro on the barn.
only 1 niggle but not really bad... mounting the brackets to the solar panel part is very fiddly so fit this before you go up a ladder, but the brackets are good quality .
After fitting this light I wouldn't mess around with buying a cheaper light, this really is a case of you get what you pays for.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›