5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product

3.0 out of 5 stars Works at last
Published on 7 Nov 2011 by clangrant

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 20 Nov 2011
G. Carr (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PestBye Whole House Advanced Rat and Mouse Repeller (Garden & Outdoors)
I have deliberately delayed writing this review until I had tried the product for 6 months. I can now report that the mouse repeller has been a complete success. Our large old house was badly infested by mice, which were keeping us awake at nights in the bedroom. Nothing seemed to deter them, and we were emptying traps almost weekly. I fitted the repeller and the mice had gone within 3 days and have not returned to our bedroom. The device is inaudible and unobtrusive but it has not been quite so successful in extending its range to other floors; I have ordered another one today to cope with the First Floor. Conclusion: highly recommended, but you may need more than one if you have an old house with thick walls.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works at last, 7 Nov 2011
Bought this item,but nothing in the particulars to say that the ultrasonic part only works in the room in which the unit is plugged in. My problem wife and I live in a residential lodge which is set on concrete foundations with a wooden skirting round the base of the lodge,with a few maintainance hatches in the skirting.Last Sunday wife could hear scratching under lodge and on checking next day I could see start of a mousehole up into lodge.So filled the hole with sealant and bought 3 mousetraps.Pestbye unit arrived on Wenesday and positioned the unit under lodge via extention cable set up as per the instruction leaflet,but lo and behold next morning caught 2 mice in traps !! Checked the settings again and decided to change the pitch selector from fixed to variable.This sweeps the low frequencies thro the ultrasonic band all the time.Lo and behold no more mice since i did this and unit is now working great.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work!, 3 May 2013
As some of the other reviewers have done, i have waited several months before writing this. We had mice coming into the bedroom and chewing the carpet, i plugged this device in and for about a month it appeared to work as we didnt hear any mice. Then, all of a sudden, the mice were back and i even found mouse droppings underneath the device. I tried the recommended settings and all of the others too but didnt seem to bother the mice one bit. So my advice is save your money and spend it on traps and poison instead. Also make sure you fill all the small gaps around your house with wire wool which will prevent the mice getting in in the first place.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 4 May 2012
This is excellent, we've had no return of mice since using this. There are loads of mice in the village and not a single one has crept through our doors again. Every mouse plagued house should get one!

1.0 out of 5 stars Aint working, mice has returned., 25 Nov 2013
read all the reviews and found this one to be most reliable product, brought it and gave it a try, cleared the old nest away from the garage, made sure no further droppings were there and plugged this device into the socket and used the default settings low pitch and low frequency but 4 days later found more gnawing and mouse droppings.

changed the settings on the device and will test again.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 25 Nov 2013
Holly GoLightly (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
We heard scrabbelings in the roof when we first moved in. I read lots of reviews here on various repellers and bought this for upstairs, and another make for downstairs. At first we still heard the scrabbelings but after about a month we realised we couldn't hear them any more, and haven't heard them since, for 18 months. Apparently the rodents will stay until their young are raised (how sweet!) but then they all move on. As far as I'm concerned these things do work, but you need a little patience.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 12 July 2013
Bought this over a month ago and plugged it in on top setting as my mothers house has some small visitors and they need to be encouraged to leave. Have left it on 24/7 since and it has made no difference at all. Gone back to sticky methods to get rid of her guests, don't waste your money on one of these.

2.0 out of 5 stars looked good but didn't work at all, 10 Jan 2012
Very impressive looking item but after leaving it working in a small bungalow for 2 weeks I returned to find mouse droppings everyhwere. The item was functioning (in theory at least as the lights were flashing on and off) at this point. I changed the setting to random to see if that would be more effective. This produced quite a lot of noise however, within 6 hours I noticed the noise had stopped, the lights were out and the unit was completely dead. I've returned it but have had no communication back so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Aug 2013
M. Wheeler "Martin 1989" (South London, England) - See all my reviews
I bought the industrial version of this device because I suddenly got mouse in the house. Never experienced this before in my life. Major shock to me was the really foul urine stench and the droppings all over the kitchen work surfaces. Corn flakes and crisp bread packets all had to be thrown out due to 'break-ins' and contamination. It was horrible, truly horrible. My house was no longer mine. They even got into the oven baking tray in the oven somehow! I initially bought traps, which worked for a time, but then the mice started avoided them. Finally out of desperation, I went online and got advice on how to deal with mice. As a result I bought peppermint oil (which mice hate apparently) and these mouse frighteners. I should have bought the domestic version, but was so keen to rid my house of mice, I paid extra and got the industrial sized mouse repeller. It was excellent. The mice initially moved to another room, so I bought a second device. Two weeks so far without any mouse dropping anywhere. Fingers crossed, let's hope they are gone forever. This device is awesome - so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked for me., 7 Jun 2013
I have had one of these for over 6 months now and it has worked. I have the ground floor flat in a house in the middle of a terrace that was built over a hundred years ago, so there will be mouse colonies throughout the foundations along the street. There was no point in putting wire wool in the holes in the skirting board as they'd only make a fresh one elsewhere; if I killed a mouse with a trap, it just meant a mouse from elsewhere could come in and take its place; I would find droppings on the carpet and in kitchen cupboards on a regular basis. So, after reading the reviews on here, I thought I'd chance it. I have it permanently plugged in - it sits in a socket in the corner of my computer room next to 2 historical mouse holes, flashing away. I can't remember which frequency it is on but I can't hear it and it doesn't seem to upset my cat - who likes to sit on my computer keyboard when I'm trying to use it. I will always keep it switched on as it is about trying to keep the vermin away from my home in the first place. If it breaks down, I will get another. Two points to note... 1) the flat above me doesn't have one of these and I think I can occasionally hear a mouse scurrying above my ceiling; 2) I still have a collection of vicious mouse traps and three are laid down about the place, just in case, but since I installed this repeller there has been no slaughtering of rodents in my flat. VNV - Victory Not Vengeance ;-)