Format: Audio CD|Change

on 19 July 2011
Since their multi platinum debut released back in 2000, 3DD popularity has gradually been waning. Not that there's any fault of their own though, times change. Personally I've always really enjoyed their music; mainstream alternative rock has suited them very well for the past decade.

"Time Of My Life," is their fifth studio album, slightly heavier then their predecessor and in turn a superb return to form for the band. Lead single "When You're Young" is typical 3DD, a great melody with meaningful lyrics, one of the lighter songs on the album overall but a great choice for first single.

A heavier tone on the record picks up with songs "Race For The Sun," Every Time You Go" "On The Run" before ballads "What's Left" and "Back To Me" slow down the tone.
Deserving of a special mention though is the albums best track "Heaven," a moody, emotional power ballad with superb lyrics, easily should be the third single and is such a good song it could be a worldwide hit for the band.
Elsewhere the melody is uptempo, the albums latter stages feature a few standard rock songs, closing track "Believer" although short is a heavy song with a noteworthy guitar solo.

Bonus track wise you get a bog standard rocker in "The Silence Remains" before acoustic versions of the songs "When You're Young" and "Every Time You Go," both of which suit the acoustic version rather well.

In summary then, "Time Of My Life" is an excellent record. If modern alternative rock is your scene or if you've lost touch with the band since their debut then this is a great place to pick them back up again. Alternative rock has rarely sounded better, welcome back 3 Doors Down.

4.5 stars
on 16 August 2011
Whether on stage or in the studio, you can always rely on Brad Arnold and the boys to give one hundred percent. This brio can help you get past the fact that the odd track is vaguely reminisent of previous work, but then you hear tracks like the extremely catchy Round and Round, and the moody What's Left and you realise why they are such a compelling band. The robust guitar burst into title track of Time of My Life, paves the way for a reassuringly familiar sound that glides effortlessly through mid tempo numbers and crunching guitar propelled fist pumpers that gets better with every listen. If you like Adult/Alternative rock - you won't be disappointed.
on 20 July 2011
If you like strong songs, superbly crafted; and if you've always had a sneakin' regard for Southern Stars like Skynyrd, Hatchet & Special (as in Lynyrd, Molly & .38), then this latest release from multi-platinum US rockers 3DD will have you raisin' a large glass of sour mash in sheer celebration. The title track/opener is a superb statement of intent, riding the sort of greased rails that .38 Special put their mark on back in the day, and what flows from there is always of a genuinely high standard. You also get some quality bonus material, including a studio cut that could easily have made the album proper, and hopefully more UK dates and festival appearances to come. If you've ever wondered why 3DD have sold 16 million albums (and counting), this will answer your question in spades.
on 8 November 2011
First of all let me say that I'm not one of 3DD greatest fans but this album is excellent, I had this on and my son thought it was nickleback, okay the voice is similar being strong and forceful. I get fed up listening to albums that have no melody or catchy tunes and sounding just the same all the way through, but not this album, strong songs and catchy tunes make this highly enjoyable, I highly recommend this album, just enjoy it!
on 13 May 2013
I love this band, so anything they do will get my attention - They've not disappointed with this ablum either - It has all the magick that 3 Doors Down regularly deliver & it still has that driving power & lyric fest that always woos me....Even if you just buy this & take a chance on it, you wil not be wasting your money - 3 Doors Down cannot do wrong--it will grow on you & you will find yourself hooked;)
on 13 September 2011
3DD bring more really good music: not as heavy as some previous tracks but as always most of the tracks become favourites, played again and again. They've been around since 2000 and up and down in the popularity scales but I am fan and I honestly feel they never fail to deliver. Others have said a lot more but I would just like to say - give it a try and listen - I feel sure you won't be disappointed.
on 26 August 2011
Waited calmly for its release date, then wasnt able to afford it :'-(. Then a week later I purchased it, listened to it and loved it. I may be a bit biased as I am a 3 Doors Down fan, but this album was really good, mind though not better than their last album (not much worse though either).

Favourite tracks:

Time Of My Life
When Youre Young
Heaven
Back To Me
Everytime You Go
on 5 January 2012
I really love this album, for me it's their best album yet. The first four songs are my favourite turned up loud, they're just awesome. For me though, Three Doors Down are a mellow ish rock band but I love Brad Arnold's voice. They're quite catchy tunes, but when I say catchy, I don't mean crappy Westlife catchy.

Can't wait to see Three Doors Down in March live. Wahoo.
on 7 November 2011
already a huge fan but this album improves even on the previous albums strong new tracks and all the bonus tracks mean that i recommend this cd to all fans of rock music hope u all enjoy it is much as i do its rarely out of the car cd player
on 19 December 2012
This album is actually much better than I expected. Better than their previous album, maybe even better than their older albums. I had seen them perform in 2009 and was a bit disappointed, but this album I play constantly.