on 21 March 2012
Bought these despite different reviews and wish I hadn't. They don't glow in the dark, despite "charging up" by the window as another review suggests. The only advantage is they are dark blue so contrasts to the white sheets. It also is a different shape to the younger age dummies and only has a grove for baby's nose on one side. As my baby is still learning to put his dummy in it just adds to his frustrations. I would not recommend.
on 11 June 2013
i ordered them in yellow as it shows on the picture and they came in blue.
amazon would replace them, yes, but you have to pay again for the shipping cost, hence it you buy them expecting to receive them in yellow, dont do so..
There are some things that glow in the dark because they're radioactive (like the hands of a watch). There are other things that glow because they're photo-luminescent (like emergency fire-extinguisher signs).

Thankfully these dummies/pacifiers/soothers are not radioactive. While this has the significant benefit of not exposing your child to harmful radiation, it also means that these dummies will not continue to glow in the dark indefinitely. They work best when they've been left in the light for some time - effectively "storing up" light that you will be able so see as a faint glow in the dark. The brighter the light they are kept under, the brighter they will glow...

After a while they will start to lose steam... I've not done any specific timing, but I'd estimate that you've probably got an hour or two of useful "glow". This is plenty if you've already given the dummy to your child and know the approximate location that you need to search in - typically within 10" of their head and within the moses-basket / cot that they are sleeping in. In this case, the glow-in-the-dark handle will probably make it a bit easier to find - but only if you leave all the lights off! The slightest assistance from a night light may prove too much and will actually hinder your search by out-shining the glow from your dummy handle....

Don't, for one moment, think that you'll be able to stumble, in the dark, downstairs and into the lounge to be greeted by a comforting yellow-green glow from the side of the sofa where the dummy got stuck before bed-time. It won't. Instead you will find yourself stepping on toys, hopping across the lounge cursing in the dark before making your way to the light switch before going to the steriliser to get a dummy from a known safe supply.
on 6 September 2012
Such a simple idea but it gives parents more sleep!
My son can now find and locate his dummy in the dark rather than crying for his mum to come and get it for him
Could not recommend it more
on 13 March 2012
The soother itself is, so I'm assured by my 5 year old (who yes, I know, shouldn't really be using a dummy anymore) is 'really lovely' and 'tastes of strawberries'!

However, we were alittle disappointed that the 'glowing' aspect wasn't as spectacular as imagined - I would've thought the stars may have glowed but it is only the handle. Yes, you can find it in the dark should it get flung from the bed into a corner but its more of an aide for a frustrated parent than a marvel for the child.

We opted for these 'glowing' soothers as my son IS FIVE and we're trying to assign the dummy to the bed & bedtime rather than him carrying it around with him in daylight hours & having people double take at him & scowl disapprovingly at me.

For the money thou, and for ease when it goes awol at night - a good buy. Recommended.
on 27 October 2013
I had got thoroughly fed up of crawling about in the dark looking for lost dummies - and thought these would be a good idea. They DO glow in the dark - and last longer if you leave them in the sunshine on the windowsill all day, but the glow certainly doesn't last beyond 3am :(
on 23 April 2016
The soothers work perfectly as soothers. The problem is the glow. Yes they glow, but it's not useful and doesn't last long at all. Most people buying these, as I did, are buying so either they or their child can find the soother in the dark. This product will not help.
on 16 June 2014
I bought these so that we could find them in the night. They do 'glow in the dark' but only for the first while after turning off the lights so they are basically just normal Soothers so not really worth the extra price.
on 10 April 2013
My baby loves these, dont really use them for the glow in the dark aspect although it does work

Only thing is that you cant choose colour so twice I've got the white/blue colour for my baby girl
on 29 December 2013
These dummies r great at night time when your half asleep searching around when you little one jas dropped it