4.0 out of 5 stars First Impressions
Published 21 months ago by Walker

3.0 out of 5 stars Ultra small fitting
Nice looking light weight boot ... disappointed I had to return them due to small fitting ... normally a size 9, ordered 9.5 but still too small.
Published 1 month ago by MR TONY WALKER

4.0 out of 5 stars First Impressions, 13 Oct 2012
I originally purchased another pair of Timberland boots elsewhere that I loved, they looked great for casual wear and very high quality for walking long distances in any weather. Unfortunately there was a problem where the left boot would bite into my ankle causing bleeding. I returned them and got a refund and was informed that it appeared this was a known fault with that model of boot.

So I decided to get these, they are very good looking, hard wearing and look to be worth their price tag. I have worn them 4 times so far to walk my dog, they are comfy, dry and warm but also breathable. So far my only concern is on the lip there are folds of fabric on either side of it which when laced up will fold into themself against your foot, on the right boot the left fold on the lip is uncomfortable and presses into my foot.

This could require more "break in" time so I shall update as I hope it's not another manufacturer fault, the Timberland boots are great but another fault would cause me to not consider the brand anymore and it's hard to find reliable walking boots as it is.

Edit - 29/10/2012

I feel I have "worn" the boots in now and they are very comfortable, good in any weather, the lip problem is still there but you don't notice it after a few minutes of walking.

Edit - 5/6/2014

I have done multi-day hiking trips each month now since the start of 2013, covering near 15 miles each day in all weather conditions and types of terrain, on many trips the boots may get wet inside due to non-stop heavy rain and walking through waterlogged areas, despite being wet for 1, 2, 3 days this has not affected the quality. I clean them and proof them after each trip using nikwax products, they have shown no signs of problems (tearing, holes, gaps etc). Due to having custom insoles I also wear these in day to day activities due to their comfort and quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boot, 4 Aug 2012
I bought these to replace a discontinued line, So, they had a lot to live up to. The boots are made to last with the classic smart design. After the initial short period of 'breaking in' the boot; they are the most comfortable boots I have worn.
Would I recommend these?? Without a doubt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Look no further this is the ultimate hiking boot in this price range!, 10 Mar 2012
I have always rated TIMBERLAND hiking boots, but with today's advanced material technologies this particular boot is the most comfortable, lightweight, supportive performance footwear I have ever experienced to date and a snip at AMAZON prices. Look no further if you enjoy hiking,walking I would highly recommend this product having test driven for at least 30 miles so far.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ultra small fitting, 3 Jun 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Faulty, 26 Dec 2013
Boots looked fine, but i had to return them!! Stitching looked flawed on one of them - it looked obvious so had to return. On the plus point return process was simple and quick.

3.0 out of 5 stars great value but sizing very small, 18 April 2012
I ordered these for my son as his usual boots were not available> they were well made a very light dispite there chunky look. The sizing was very small so they had to be sent back so very dissapointing>

5.0 out of 5 stars Timberland Boots, 23 Mar 2014
First thing to note:
I took notice of comments regarding size and ordered one size higher than normal. Good job that I did as the fit is just right.

The boots have been worn only twice so far, however, they do not need any breaking in and are very comfortable from the start. They are light and feel very secure, regardless of terrain. No experience of wet and, of course, longevity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good boots., 5 Feb 2014
Great boots, solid yet light. They come up small so recommend order one size up. Look good and feel comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Style and substance, 23 Jan 2014
AndrewL94 (Plymouth, U.K.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
If you are spending money on Timberland hiking boots, you are clearly concerned about style as well as substance. Well, I can confirm that these boots tick all the right boxes. I was attracted initially by the deep chocolate brown colour, but also by the favourable comments. I was somewat nervous about the sizing, as I have wide feet. But I needn't have worried. They are certainly a snug fit, and if you prefer to wear thick hiking socks you should order a half-size larger than usual. However my feet get very hot so I always wear thin socks.

These chunky, solid boots are clearly designed for hiking but with the Timberland style they look perfectly OK trekking about town. Though I can't yet vouch for their water resistance or durability, they certainly look as if they possess both in spades.

3.0 out of 5 stars Confused., 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Timberland Men's Chocorua 6" Waterproof Boots (Apparel)
I wear 8.5 boots and shoes all the time I have done for years, my feet haven't magically grown. These are far too small to be 8.5's, i double checked to make sure they didn't sent me 8's or 7's by accident, they didn't

I sent them back and got a size 9 replacement. Even these are too small, i'm having them stretched at a cobblers just so they don't cause pain when i walk for more than 15 minutes.

On the other hand they are contstructed well, very nice grip. nice look and the laces work well in keeping the boot in place.
Just be weary when buying your normal size, got .5 or a full size bigger.