5.0 out of 5 stars Trout fly fishing
Very simple to understand and clear instructions for the first time angler or recently convert, taken from an American fisherman's knowledge but trout have a universal life style no matter where they are in the world, a book to have in your pocket when trout fishing
Published 19 months ago by Archie brown

1.0 out of 5 stars I would avoid this book....
I didn't really enjoy reading this title, and I felt that it lacked alot of substance. There are other books on the market that provide greater insight into fly fishing techniques.

For example, There is a chapter in the book that is called 'Working The Fly'. This covers 4 areas of fly fishing namely dry flies, wet flies, nymphs and streamers.

To...
Published on 6 Jan 2012 by Astroman1

1.0 out of 5 stars I would avoid this book...., 6 Jan 2012
Astroman1 (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fly-Fishing for Trout: The How-To Guide (Kindle Edition)

To cover these topics there is a short paragraph for each. To put this in context, there are full books dedicated to each technique, and writing a few paragraphs about the general approach doesn't really cut it, in my opinion.

Even the preceding chapter on fly types is pretty thin on the ground. My feeling is that there is inadequate description of the fly design and where and when to use such flies etc.

Overall, the book reads like a school essay and lacks key information that I feel would be essential for a text on fly fishing techniques.

I would recommend saving your cash and buying another book. I wish that I hadn't purchased this. Even at a low price, it is not worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trout fly fishing, 8 Feb 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars avoid, 2 Feb 2012
This review is from: Fly-Fishing for Trout: The How-To Guide (Kindle Edition)
I totally agree do not waste your money totally useless. There is nothing in the book thats worth reading. I would strongly recommend you dont bother buying.