5.0 out of 5 stars Another MUST to add to your Deb Baker collection., 12 Oct 2011
C. R. Wood (Dorset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Murder Talks Turkey (A Gertie Johnson Murder Mystery Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
I've now read three of Deb's books and loved each one. Murder Passes the Buck, Murder Grins and Bears It, and Murder Talks Turkey. Tomorrow I shall be downloading another of Deb's novels, since only a week from finishing the last, I'm experiencing withdrawal symptoms. The cast of characters are refreshingly memorable, the plot lines always innovative and Deb's sense of humour - through Gertie Johnson's viewpoint - just a real tonic! I'm a Brit and enjoy every moment of the UP territory - Gertie's two hilarious buddies who hinder rather than help her investigations - and Gertie's family who also give her a tough time - and yet this really adds to the excitement. Well done, Deb! Thanks for taking me on such a great journey! I look forward to reading the next.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun book, 21 May 2014
Fun to read. Light hearted and a good read. Like the word play and the descriptive writing in deb,s books

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 8 April 2014
I really enjoyed this book. As usual Deb Baker has written another fun pack book. This was my fourth book by Deb Baker and I feel the characters are all my old friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Murder Passes the Buck, 6 April 2014
I liked it but it was nowhere near as funny as 'Murder Passes the Buck'. Gertie is a character that everyone will warm to but I did not feel she got into scrapes in the hilarious way she managed in the first book. A good read but not outstanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Murder Talks Turkey., 21 Nov 2013
Very easy to read and funny. Good story line. Could not put it down. Lets get on with next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great characters, 31 July 2013
i thoroughly enjoy Gertie's escapades. The characters are brought to life and make me laugh as I can picture people just like them. Never want the books to end

4.0 out of 5 stars I like bakers style, 25 July 2014
I like bakers style. I usually go for the hard core thriller or crime book.
This author has been a refreshing change

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 July 2014
Good old Gertie strikes again just had to read it !