5.0 out of 5 stars So funny and so true!
Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun
Having spent three weeks in Rio, one during Carnival and two outside Carnival time I really enjoyed this book. As prep prior to arrival in Rio it may be of slight use but I tihnk it is more useful as amusing holiday read or post Rio as a reminder of good times.
Published 22 months ago by Mglo

5.0 out of 5 stars So funny and so true!, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: How to Be a Carioca: The Alternative Guide for the Tourist in Rio (Kindle Edition)
I've read this book several times and I can't get sick of it. It portrays the Cariocas (people from Rio) using the point of view of a gringa who lives in Rio. It's a fantastic book, so funny and so down-to-earth and true! Unfortunately some things are out of date (maybe a revised edition should be written?!) and there are quite a lot of spelling mistakes (that the paperback doesn't have, only the Kindle edition); however, it is still very entertaining. I lived all my life in Rio and I can say its view of the traditions in Rio and in different parts of Brazil is extremely faithful and well described. I totally recommend this book to people before, during and after visiting Rio!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, 14 Feb 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and informative, 25 May 2011
I find this little book a gem. Not only does it provide you with information that is useful, but I love the humorous writing style with a touch of kind irony. The only problem is that after reading it I wish I was in Rio already, but unfortunatelly that has to wait...in the meantime I am happy to have this book to bring me closer to what it feels like being in Rio.

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring book, 26 July 2013
I did not find this book very interesting at all - it would be OK for younger people in their twenties, thankfully it was short so did not take long to read. Its not very amusing either.