5.0 out of 5 stars Good product
Pleased with this purchase following a positive review in a computer magazine
I needed my Apple TV device, BluRay player, Satellite box and internet TV to share a single ethernet port in my lounge (router is upstairs)
All can happily access the internet now.
Published on 27 Dec 2011 by P. Farrell

1.0 out of 5 stars Blocks UPnP Media Servers
Do not buy if you are planning to use it for connecting TVs, Blu-Ray players and the like to a PC with a media server like Serviio or XBMC installed, and with a view to streaming video or music. This switch blocks media servers. These switches claim to simply pass through data but they do not do so. This is the third I have tried (having tried TP-LINK TL-SG105 5-Port...
Published 17 months ago by A Philosophy and Ethics Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 27 Dec 2011
P. Farrell (Northampton) - See all my reviews
Pleased with this purchase following a positive review in a computer magazine
All can happily access the internet now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cisco/Linksys SE2500 5 port Gig Switch, 23 Aug 2011
This review is from: Linksys 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch (Accessory)
I originally was looking for a 5 port Netgear gigabit switch to sit next to my router (which as most routers do, only has a 100mbit hub built in) but ended up going for this, mainly on price and looks.

I can say however that it's perfect for what I needed. It's also very small and easy to hide, you can even switch off the connection/activity lights if it's in a location where these could be annoying... a great feature that will sit well with any guys wife!

I also tested its throughput vs my existing GS108 (Netgear 8 port gigabit switch) and it was almost identical, so all in all, I'm very happy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic 8 port ethernet switch, 20 Jun 2012
Cisco make good network equipment, however in the world of dumb unmanaged switched there is not a lot of difference. Many of the manufacturers make good non managed switches but this one is a really mice one. You can switch the LED's off if they are obtrusive. The design is nice and modern and the low profile means it can sit just about anywhere.

I have this uplinked to another switch which in then goes to an ADSL modem. Speeds across the switch are consistent, I move Gb's of data and also stream at the same time and this handles it all well without a hiccup. I have never have to touch it since installing.

Despite my earlier comment of unmanaged switches being much of a muchness I am glad I paid a little extra for this one, it is stylish, reliable and I really cannot find a fault with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it needs to do, 15 April 2012
I have a large amount of equipment running through the house that requires a lot of network connectivity. Which is the norm these days. I had a couple of 10/100 switches but they couldn't really handle the higher definition video streaming so had to upgrade.

I bought 2 of these about 3 months ago and they are superb. As an IT engineer I work with a lot of it devices and decided to go with a device that was made by Cisco as they are the brand we use in our business IT environment.

I would def recommend. They are a little but expensive but you do get what you pay for. I am also glad I paid the little bit extra to have the 8 port instead of the 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good performance, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Linksys 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch (Accessory)
I have a desktop PC and a HP proliant Microserver both with Gigabit NICs connected to this switch using CAT6a cables.

Using iperf with default settings to measure bandwidth performance I can see the following results:

[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth
[ 4] 0.0-10.0 sec 1.10 GBytes 941 Mbits/sec

10 sec, over 1GB @ 940Mbits/sec. It's fast, reliable and looks good sitting on top of the server. I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good 8 Port Switch, 8 Dec 2012
This is a very good 8 port switch by Linksys. No problems at all. Does what it should do. Works perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unsurprisingly, it just works., 14 Oct 2012
One of the many problems with Linksys products is they are owned by CISCO and CISCO just love to fiddle. I have always liked CISCO and Linksys products because they will often provide ways to fine tune your installation if you are a bit of a geek and doing something a little out of the ordinary but not this product.
It is small, has a useful 8 ports, the lights flash when traffic passes and it, we'll, just gets on with the job. No setup needed, it's just simple plug 'n' play.
It's nice that he front does not like up like a Christmas tree in operation. No annoying lights flashing away in the corner. It just works; silently and without drawing any attention to itself.

It has the now compulsory non-boxy case which while nice in itself does mean you can't put anything on top of it - it would slip off.
Call me old fashioned if you like but I see little point in turning these functional items into works of art; you don't invite friends around to admire your router afterall. It's just something else to polish once a week.
But at least it's not one of those annoying vertical boxes that never fit anywhere and always fall over!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 2 Nov 2012
WT (Galway, Irl) - See all my reviews
This is a great Gigabit Ethernet Switch. Quiet, Efficient & Reliable. No drop in speed, but take into account that I'm also using Cat6a cables to minimise any speed drops. Looks beautiful as well. It's Aesthetically pleasing, especially sitting next to my router (Linksys EA4500), which looks quite similar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forgot I had it until asked to review it, 15 Sep 2012
Mr. J. Long (Bucks. UK.) - See all my reviews
Great product. I upgraded from a Linksys 10/100 switch, which had beeen in the loft for years. One day I suddenly realised that I was getting 100mbs connection (Virgin media fibre optics) but between computers and the bakup the connection was crawling. I fitted the new switch, had lots of positive comments about speed increase and forgot about it until now.

Great value product from a great manufacturer. Fit in seconds and forget.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplicity Itself, 31 July 2012
With a growing number of wired connections required by networked hard disc drives, music streamers, and homeplugs, I decided that an 8-port Gigabit switch was called for. With an existing Cisco/Linksys router it seemed that my best bet would be to go for a switch by the same manufacturer - albeit the cost is rather more than some competing devices by other manufacturers.

Following Amazon's usual speedy delivery I connected the switch to my router, and then connected the range of network devices to the switch. All went effortlessly with no need for any complicated setting-up. The switch sorted itself out perfectly and has now been running without any problems for some weeks.

Recommended.