5.0 out of 5 stars WoW
This game, flew into our hangs and our hearts with its epic world story line. Intense set pieces and truly terrifying battles. This game has it all and really sets itself apart from sub standard FPS. Any review with less than 4 stars is an outright lie, ignore and play....you will not be disappointed in this masterpiece
Published 11 months ago by training hungry

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor effort.
Published on 14 Nov 2011 by Jamie

5.0 out of 5 stars WoW, 1 Nov 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars More accessible than ever, 24 Feb 2012
John Mitchell (Lossiemouth, Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 picks up not long after MW2 ends. The story is fantastic if short, throughout. Intertwined with varied missions and elaborate set pieces it's the perfect package. The main pull towards Call of Duty has always been the multiplayer and that's the case here.

In MW3 there are added options and perks are split into three groups, these are Assault, Support and Specialist. Therefore, the players options are extended particularly in the area of support as in this group when you die kill streaks are not reset. Less experienced players can find kill streaks such as stealth bomber and juggernaut here. Furthermore, the streaks are designed to help your team more overall than pure destructive death from an AC-130. The specialist group gives you additional perks which while gaining no rewards in the way of a kill streak. More perks, gives you a bigger overall advantage.

Plenty of options in MW3's multiplayer and Kill Confirmed is a fantastic inclusion with the name of the game being picking up dog tags of fallen enemies to score, or fallen comrades to prevent the other team from scoring. There is still camping but this is a more offensive game type than Team Deathmatch. Other options include the Survival mode which in effect is a revamp of the spec-ops mode in MW2. The mode is a good way to scout out maps and get used to them before taking them online.

---Summary---
Graphics 10 As we've come to expect from Infinity Ward, MW3 looks spectacular.
Sound 8 Riveting soundtrack plus good quality voice acting.
Gameplay 10 Fun, addictive and more addictive.
Lifespan 10 It's almost limitless with the multiplayer.

---Verdict---
Whilst the story is short, clocking in at around six or so hours the multiplayer has been improved and is now significantly more accessible to more inexperienced users. Infinity Ward needs to come back with a little more originality next time but the overall fact remains and that is Modern Warfare 3 is one of the best experiences to be had on the Xbox 360. 9/10.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor effort., 14 Nov 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Being a fan of COD since it was first on the original Xbox, naturally, I decided to get this game. Before purchasing I did have my doubts, footage from E3 and COD EXP didn't seem to show anything 'breath-taking' or 'awe-inspiring' but this didn't bother me too much, my main hope was that instead of headline grabbing, drastic changes they had sorted out the basic problems that have been creeping into the COD series of late. To put it simply they haven't.

The online seems like a map pack for MW2 (as others have pointed out) and it feels like a definite step back to Black Ops. I have never really understood the whole IW against Treyarch as I enjoy games by both and found it saddening to see IW shun some really positive changes Black Ops had made. The leaderboards are far inferior to those offered by Black Ops - which named and shamed the K/D hungry, objective ignorant noobs, last stand kill stealing has returned, no longer can you select a local region to prioritise a host from amongst other things. This last point is a real problem, too often in games I find myself shooting people first yet dying for reasons I cannot understand, that is of course until I watch the kill cam to realise on his screen I wasn't even shooting! Connection is too much of an issue and my score tends to depend on what sort of connection I have, which looses the fun factor for me, I'd much prefer a game based of of skill to that of one of who has the best internet. The maps too are very dissapointing, not one of them after playing for 10+ hours can I genuinely say that I like. There are just too many little places to hide and this means campers are having a field day. Combined with the ease of aquiring kill streaks as now even a mediocre player over the course of a game can build up a high streak as support streaks don't reset on death, meaning that killstreaks are just too common, and take away from the gun on gun action, I for one miss the days of COD4/WaW with the good old 3,5 and 7 :(

The campain was actually, I thought, good. I found the story to be fairly entertaining ( if completely unrealistic) but I enjoyed it and that's what counts. True there are no new features at all to mention, just walk through a linear map as it gradually gets more frantic and difficult but the story and some impressive cinematics make it worth it. It's worth mentioning that it only took 6 hours to complete on Veteran and is very short but unfortunately that is part and parcel of FPS games now a days.

As for SPEC OPS, I rarely touched it. It seemed again like just new maps from what was offered in MW2 which would of been justifiable, had they made it 4 player like zombies, 2 players is just too few and I coul never play with fiends as it would always leave people out which was unfair.

Overall, this is just a very lazy effort from IW and Activision too desperate for profit as oppossed to creating a game that strives to make improvements on the previous ones. IF you are a COD fanboy then you will already have this, if you aren't however, I would recommend staying away. This seems to me like the beginning of the end for COD, I will be avoiding future CODs after this and know that I am not alone and feel if nothing new and refreshing is done, this once great series is going to be left behind in the FPS market and will be no more.

1.0 out of 5 stars It came in poor condition, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
The first time I put it in my xbox it was working fine until I try to play online then it says the disk is unreadable

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh..., 16 Dec 2011
This review is from: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Well the single player for this game was pretty good, a few great twists in the end but it does feel like the end of an era for Captain Price. Too short in my opinion though, it's possible to finish it both on a regular difficulty and on Veteren in a total of three sittings.
Multiplayer was one of the worst i've seen so far. All the maps look like they've been copied and pasted 'cleverly' together from older maps from CoD4 and MW2. Sorry IW, didn't fall for the trick!
The addition of Survival was interesting but it gets boring pretty quickly, mostly because it's only a 2 player game.
Recommended for the single player, but after that it's not worth it. Feels like the cash cow has been milked dry.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 8 Dec 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
It has a great campaign what will keep you playing for 8 hours and it makes you feel like your in the action and the multiplayer is just as it was from mw2 and black ops just abit more ways to get killed by noobs and spec ops is also great fun :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Campaign and Spec Ops is fun, multiplayer not so much, 27 Nov 2011
This review is from: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
The campaign on Modern Warfare 3 is more of what you'd expect; it plays more like a Hollywood action movie than a game and never gets boring. It follows on from the events of Modern Warfare 2 and as a fan of the series I was eager to find out what happened next. This is where the campaign falls somewhat flat as the plot is quite thin, has a few plot holes and manages to jump the shark more than once. It's also quite short. I managed to beat it in about five hours but if you're a real hardcore COD player I bet you could do it in just over four. That being said it's still a lot of fun.

Spec ops is probably Modern Warfare 3's strong point. It lets you play a number of small challenges and also has a survival mode, which plays a lot like Firefight in the Halo series. I didn't try survival mode on co-op but I imagine that if you play it with friends you could have some real fun with it.

But of course the real reason people buy COD games is the multiplayer and to be perfectly honest it's really disappointing. It feels more like a map pack for Modern Warfare 2 than it does a stand alone title, which is frankly inexcusable. It still has the usual problems of a COD game such as overpowered, unbalanced weapons, overpowered killstreaks and of course you'll be hard pressed to find a match that doesn't contain at least one camper.
And at the time of writing this the game seems to suffer from abysmal levels of lag. Shots don't register half the time even though it says you clearly hit them and it can be incredibly frustrating and meant I didn't play it at all for about a week.

And I know that this shouldn't be important because graphics don't make a game, but it needs to be said; the graphics are really disappointing and don't look like a big budget game from 2011. 2007 maybe but not 2011. There's no excuse other than laziness when you see games like Battlefield 3

So you should buy it? Well that depends what you're looking for. If you're looking for a revolutionary shooter then no, definitely not, but if you like Modern Warfare 2 but wish it had a bit more new content then you'll probably be happy with this. If you're the type of person who just plays the campaign then I suggest going down to your local Blockbuster or getting on Lovefilm and just giving this a rent.

1.0 out of 5 stars more of the same, 9 Nov 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Before we start, I have played MW2 and Black Ops pretty much none stop. I love the game, love the franchise. I wanted NOTHING more than to love this game. I have spent months looking forward to this. Yes, I am sad. No, I don't care. So I was very excited to finally get this game posted to my letterbox via the trusty Royal Mail (no sarcasm at all, it really DID arrive on time. Thank you!!)

I was expecting a new exciting game, built upon but a big step forward from the previous MW titles.

My partner finished the uninspired campaign within a few hours. Let's be honest though, the single player compaign is not really the primary selling point for these games. It's the multi player where it's at. Most campaigns are unfortunately after thoughts - it's not something I can single MW3 out for.

So I made my way on to XBOX Live and tried out some maps to get a feel for the game. First impressions was this it was eerily similar to MW2. At this point alarm bells were ringing, but I gave the developers some slack as MW2 was a very good game. But playing more and more maps it became obvious that although graphically there have been improvements, there really hasn't been a big leap in the gaming experience. I have yet to be immersed in this game, I always feel I am playing a game rather feeling I am there. I like being emotionally invested in a game. I get emotionally invested and immersed in Battlefield 3 and Black Ops. I want to believe I'm in the game. For this game, I am just tapping keys on an XBOX 360 waiting still for a moment of fun to happen. It seldom does.

This is game is a massive lost opportunity, I was waiting for new ideas, originality, game play. Instead I was getting bored with the game 10-15 minutes in. There are other gaming modes other than Team Deathmatch which I will have a go at to see if this game has any redeeming factors worth investing my time in. Right now I just feel I have given £40 more to the cash cow that is the CoD franchise with very little in return.

On the plus side (yes, there are some!), the developers have sorted out some of lag issues experienced in MW2 and there are a small handful of enjoyable maps.

But overall -

Few fun maps to play
Killstreaks still too powerful
Doesn't encourage team play
Lack of originality
Graphically OK, but was expecting so much more (just cannot emphasis this enough)
SOMEONE STOP MILKING THE CASH COW!!!

I will try and give this game a few more hours. Who knows I may change my mind. But to be honest, I have started playing Battlefield 3 (the first time playing Battlefield on a console, first Battlefield game I have bought since 1942) because it is a far more enjoyable and rewarding gaming experience. No, this is not a Battlefield v CoD review. CoD is what it is. But I'm not going to defend this game. Given the revenue and resources they had at their disposal, this game should have been a lot better. No excuses about the limitation of the XBOX 360 graphicaly, Battlefield is in a WHOLE different league to this game. Battlefield 3 is simply stunning. CoD could have been a brilliant, awe inspiring game.

This game is simply OK, meh, an upgraded MW2, but feeling no big love for it at the moment. Which just leaves me massively disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Alright..., 24 Feb 2012
This review is from: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Many people loved MW2 I myself never had MW2, and loads of people say that MW2 is better than this. I really enjoyed Black Ops unlike most people but I do have criticisms for Black ops and I have criticisms for MW3. Firstly the Campaign is fine just continuing from where MW2 left off and is actually quite a thrilling campaign but I thought BO had the best campaign so I'll say no more on that. The Multiplayer is the pride and joy of these first person shooters but there are some flaws. FMG9 Akimbos are very overpowered considering they are default weapons and are very nooby and really annoying, The Type 95 another overpowered weapon and like the FMG9 akimbos will have you in tears as your killstreak is put to an end by some Tw@ with the type 95. It's not just weapons though Hinds and Cobras are really annoying as well Hinds circle the and kill people and Cobras just cover the whole map killing people, I'm not sure if they were like in MW2 as well but that's just my inexperience. People like IW's games for the sniping abilities and quick scopers who run round the map P****** you off with an L9118A or an MSR and some overpowered weapon as their secondary just in case they miss you first time. The Strike Packages are an innovative and new feature which I really like and find really useful because I often find myself needing more perks in a game so if I have specialist strike package on I can earn all the perks in the game with an 8 killstreak (inlcuding perks I haven't unlocked like Scavenger which isn't unlocked until LVL 39). As far as strike package go I only ever use Specialist and Assault. Also infected is a really fun game mode which IW have now put in Community playlists so you can now earn XP for the games you play.
Overall the game is good, but if you have a short fuse and get frustrated/angry easily then this game is not for you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Close but no cigar, 29 Nov 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
It's getting to the point now where the online gaming aspect of the COD franchise is not enough to save the games bacon, This is lazy developing, the campaign has no re playablity, the multiplayer sure does have the re playability but the maps and over all feel to the game does not match what once was a fantastic online experience.Call of Duty Future Warfare, online battles with Price set in the future on space battle ships, ray guns, laser grenades, shotguns, I dont know? Just needs something to relive the magic of modern warfare and modern warfare 2, black ops is ok but WAW was rubbish and a big mistake going back to world war 2. HMMMM

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)