5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
I'm fascinated by time travel ever since I was a child and the next best thing to a time travel machine for me was to immerse myself in time travel stories.
Unlucky for me - there are less than a handful of books out there (that I'm aware of I should add for fairness)that really deliver what I'm looking for.
I do need the characters and the actual act of time...
Published on 2 Nov. 2011 by Scotsfireblade

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite hardgoing...not a light read
Persevered as a hard read but didn't like the ending ....unfortunately I paid the full price, had I got if my free (is free to download on Kindle Amazon UK at the moment) I would probably rate higher.
At least it was a very long book as really fed up with short 'series' books where you get 1-200 pages and have to pay for the next instalment etc.
Published 10 months ago by The Shopping Angel

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Nov. 2011
I do need the characters and the actual act of time travel to be believable.
I need dense plotting that takes me by surprise and I need historical accuracy where it matters.
The Dark Side Of Light delivers it all. So much so that I can easily forgive the presence of white porcelain as an every day item in ninth century Denmark as well as the concept of privacy and some other minor flaws.
At times the moral struggles Shallee wrestled with wore me down and I was relieved to read they equally did Shokane. Seemed perfectly sensible to me.
All in all a fantastic story, cleverly woven and told. I very much cared for the characters and had to know what happened next so couldn't put the book down.
If you are looking for medieval atmosphere with a good plot - this is it!
I'm off to my next adventure from this author!

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite hardgoing...not a light read, 20 May 2014
This review is from: The Dark Side of Light: A Medieval Time Travel Fantasy (Kindle Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars Started it, 21 Oct. 2013
But i have yet to finish as got bored with it all , guess i am spoilt from reading J.R.Ward and Tina folsom!