4.0 out of 5 stars Great storey line told in a very interesting fashon
Excellent. I had not read any of this authors books previously but I thoroughly enjoyed this book and can't wait for the next one!
Published 23 months ago by T Smithurst

A sad indictment of a corrupt and profit striving cadre of privileged despots, who believed money and riches could buy anybody.
The hero of this story, the father of Hannibal, learns what it is to be a Roman and strive for domination, not profit.

Published 13 months ago by M. Meadowcroft

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting read as an introduction into the thinking behind the Catharginian ethos, 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Sword of Carthage (Kindle Edition)

This book will probably lead onto others and finally Hannibal's accomplishments, and I look forward to those and the development of the characters
However I know enough that Carthage's eventual decline and compete obliteration by the Romans was inevitable
Given the differences in their nations ethics

I enjoyed it

4.0 out of 5 stars Great storey line told in a very interesting fashon, 6 Jan 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Sword of Carthage (Kindle Edition)
Nice spin on history, good characters that I grew to care about. A very good book to lose yourself in for a while.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sword of Carthage, 11 July 2012
The Sword of Carthage

I rarely struggle with motivation to read a book but this story made me want to give up about a third of the way in. I got to the end but I had to force myself to finish it.
I don't know if it is translated from another language but clearly the proof readers had a day off from this one as it is full of spelling/grammatical mistakes which I found irritating.
The plot is pretty thin and there is a lot of (irrelevant) padding in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The sword of Carthage, 25 April 2012
This review is from: The Sword of Carthage (Kindle Edition)
Excellent read explained a lot about the causes of the destruction of \Carthage. The book refers to the first of the Carthaginian wars with Rome I hope there is more to come.

The Sword of Carthage