5.0 out of 5 stars Atmospheric, ethereal, beautiful...
Published on 25 July 2011 by Mike Fitz

3.0 out of 5 stars Middle of the road
'It's okay' sums this up. It's nice music to do other stuff to. No complaints, but I bought the Sylvian CD Plight and Premonition this Winter, which is much better.
Published 11 months ago by Neil Hugh Holliday

5.0 out of 5 stars Atmospheric, ethereal, beautiful..., 25 July 2011
This review is from: Nighthawks/Translucence/Drift Music [3 Album Set] (Audio CD)
This review is a very easy one to write - this is one of my favorite sets of recordings of all. I am a big John Foxx fan, but even for those who are not yet fans, this ambient collection of three full albums is a fabulous buy and helps one realise how incredibly talented Foxx is. It really is hauntingly beautiful, and evokes all sorts of emotions, depending on the track. I think Foxx and Budd really do some brilliant interpretation of music that just - flows! This stuff makes me feel quiet and peaceful, but not in a cliched way with whale noises and sounds of running water - this music is truly electronic and analog combined, with piano interwoven through waves of electronic ambience that soothe the soul. As I write this I am listening to track 12 of Drift Music - "Resonant Frequency" - which is one of my favourites, along with track 4 - "Stepping Sideways" - what an amazing piece of music. I cannot recommend this highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime Box Set, 4 Oct 2011
Christopher Hunter "cjhunter2001uk" (Farnham UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I've had Translucence and Drift Music for a few years and very good they both are. I've not heard Nighthawks before and it really is something very special. It's a deeply beautiful piece of classic ambience, probably closer to 'The Pearl' than more recent recordings by Budd elsewhere but with a lot more depth to the recording (thanks to Foxx's ethereal reverb and synths) than the 80's work with Eno.

A really excellent album by itself and with the two other recordings at this price you'd be a mug not to buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gently addictive, 20 Nov 2011
Zoonie (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I am listening to it right now, as I type. I don't want to switch it off and go back to the harsh noises of the real world. Someone said to me today that is like good quality wallpaper.....you enjoy it in the background, but if you want to stop and study it, it is well worth noticing the detail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 25 Mar 2012
As an almost constant ambient listener, I'd rate this as being up there with Ambient 2/The Plateaux Of Mirror and The Pearl. Plateaux is, for me, probably the best album by anyone ever. Having said that, though, Late October (2005 Digital Remaster) is, on its own, astounding and better than any single track off Plateux.

Does Nighthawks come close? Yes, it does. Down A Windy Street and Music For Swimmers especially are pieces of music that give you the same sense of electricity as walking slow motion through European cities at night: Cologne, Vienna, Glasgow (maybe not the East End though), Brussels, London, Manchester, Lyon, err, am I in pseud's corner yet?

Translucence/Drift Music are good too. Basically this stuff is beyond genius and not worth talking about (only listening to) other than to say: genius and highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Less being more, 24 Jun 2012
This is such a bargain, so much glorious sound scape for so little money. My outstanding favourite of the set is Underwater Flowers on Drift Music, it has such a magical dreamlike quality. The rest of course is marvellous and is no doubt going to creep up on me while I've got my eyes closed and feet up. One tiny thing that I feel with it, is how much nicer it would have been had it had a card digipak style cover. I would have happily spent another 2 or whatever for a copy that really looked the business. This though is a seriously worthwhile purchase and is worthy of every point of each of the five stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great record, 7 Nov 2011
Dr. Bernardo Pinto Almeida (Portugal) - See all my reviews
I am a long time listener to Harold Budd's music and consider him indispensable. Now, within new territoires with a little help from John Foxx, they both go farer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 6 Sep 2013
Mw Pg Scriven (Wales) - See all my reviews
I am enormous fan of ambient a la Eno etc. Loved Foxx era Ultravox. This collection is awesome and perfect for peace and peaceful reflection. If you want your head straight get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A bargain, quality ambient., 13 April 2013
Mr. J. B. Poulton (UK) - See all my reviews
Just the ticket. Three albums for the price of one. Others have criticised the quality but I'd say it was as good as anything I've heard including Brian Eno and Harold Budd's other stuff. Buy it, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars DRIFTing off to sleep, 17 Oct 2012
Always dug Budd's ambient stuff. Especially 'The Pearl' Big fan of Foxx via early Ultravox,recent ambient works and more lately ....and the Maths. Love this...sends me off to sleep. Also I use it during my massage practise. Clients seem to enjoy it also. If you're a fan of ambient music, do yourself a favour and add this to your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Ambiet, 10 July 2011
Cd 1 is marvelous, a new collaboration by foxx with budd, cd2 and cd3 are republished music from 2003 impossible to find, now again in one box 3 cd with wonderful deep mood ambient. those who likes budd's music or foxx this is not to be missed!

ARRAY(0xb61c9a08)

Nighthawks/Translucence/Drift Music [3 Album Set]
Nighthawks/Translucenc
e/Drift
by John Foxx & Harold Budd (Audio CD - 2011)