Price:£28.24+ £6.17 shipping

on 9 December 2012
Having been nagged for the lego friends advent calendars, there was no damn way I was paying £40 for two of them for my girls. Luckily, amazon came to the rescue with these little bargains. You get a little toy hamster or accessory which builds up into a little playset when finished. In the 9 days the kids have been opening it, we've had 2 little hamsters, a bath, a teeny picnic basket, some carrots and a table. One point I must add is that the pictures on the box illustrate the toys to be decorated. They're not. I'm presuming there will be some stickers further along the calendar, as my 8 year old and I sat for 10 minutes trying to work out what a little blue square was. We guessed it to be a little table. We'll find out on Christmas Eve I suppose! In short, better than a chocolate advent calendar. Arrived ridiculously quickly too. Ordered at 3pm and they arrived at 10am next day via Royal Mail. Thumbs up!
on 17 January 2014
My two year old toddler loved this and he collected the pieces in his rubbish truck throughout the month, and managed not to lose any. Some looked a bit odd as we didn't get the stickers out until the end of the month but he didn't mind, and enjoyed identifying what he had gotten in the picture.

I think for £3.99 it was most certainly money well spent, we got great value for money out of it, and he was sad when the morning ritual of opening the doors ended.

At the end, it is a slightly fiddly toy for someone with big hands to play with, but I enjoyed watching my son playing with it at the dining table. He still has all the little bits although I did destroy the cabbage patch with my big feet accidentally. Perfect size to go in a shoebox.
on 6 December 2012
This calendar is obviously a low price for a reason. I have this one for my daughter and my son has a playmobile one which was £13 - I will be spending the extra next year so DD gets a decent one. I completely agree with the previous poster that this is only any good for playing once everything is opened and that'll be Christmas. My son gets something great everyday and really plays with this, my daughter opened her 3 white sticks and we decided they'd be good for later on and put them straight back in the calendar, she has since got them out and put them into the basket and played a little. I'm just lucky she is easily pleased and hasn't noticed how much better her brothers is.
on 7 December 2012
Compared to something like the Moshi Monster calendar, this is really quite disappointing. Only about a third of the doors actually have a little figure behind them, the rest have various plastic oddities, some of which are so small you practically need a microscope to see them. Apparently they all stick together to make a set at the end, but that's little comfort when on day 5 you open the calendar to find a little bag of miniscule nondescript plastic fragments.
At the reduced price, it's a "maybe" - at the RRP it would be a travesty.
on 16 January 2013
Bought at about £5 for my daughter and her pal - and great value - my daughter and her friend compared notes each day on what was in the door each morning - they had great fun playing with the pieces. They were all little bits already made, not like kinder toys which need building. It also comes with a card surface to use as a floor for the rooms.

It was great fun for 2 7 year olds - and i would recommend it - even if they don't follow Zhu Zhu pets - just for the fun of the little animals and imagination play with all the bits.
on 27 January 2013
Not quite what I expected...very small. Some of the days surprises were a bit silly and very tiny (such as a tiny plastic carrot). Having said all that, I only paid £3 for it, it was delivered promptly and my 6 year old thought it was amazing!!!!! I guess that's all that really matters!
on 17 December 2012
Great alternative for chocolate advent calendars. Got this for my 3 year old daughter and it was a hit. She's excited every morning to know what piece of furniture or hamster she will get. Figures are sturdy, well made and true to the pictures. Didn't realize it also comes with stickers to add more detail. Can't comment on the house setting yet as need to wait until Christmas eve to take the box apart. A real bargain and great fun. Will definitely get another one next Christmas.
on 4 December 2013
A little bit disappointed with this advent calendar as there really is nothing Christmassy about it at all, apart from the box.
on 1 January 2013
Brought this item as a treat for my 3 year old and when it was only £3.99 he enjoyed the hamsters and imaginative play, but pieces were small and the stickers were fiddly to put on. I wouldn't of liked to pay anymore than £3.99 for it and it is ok if you want something a little different than a chocolate calender. The pieces didn't last long as they got lost throughout the house as the kids played wit them
on 28 December 2012
My 6 year old daughter loved it. The pieces are smaller than I thought they would be. There were 6 Zhu Zhu pets, maybe about 4cm tall. She was a little bored getting all the furniture, but liked setting it all up in the end. I probably wouldn't have loved it so much if I paid £29.99 for it. I paid under £10 inc. p&p, and it was well worth that price.