4.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant paranormal Fantasy mixed withmurder and mystery!
I have only just started reading fantasy books and I'd read some great reviews about this book so I was really excited to have the opportunity to read this.

The Blood Faerie is the first book in the series The Caledonia Fae. Its my first fae fantasy and I'm hooked and cant wait to read the other 2 in the trilogy.
India has beautifully intertwined a magical...
Published on 30 Jun 2012 by Gadget Girls Reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars It started so well....
I loved the start. An exiled fae is surviving a hand-to-mouth existence in Perth (Scotland, not Australia), hiding her ears in a hoodie and camping out in a derelict church. One nastily mutilated corpse later and her path crosses that of an unusually sensitive policeman who is first on the scene.

My expectations were crushed by the second half of the book as...
Published 9 months ago by Hypocacculus

3.0 out of 5 stars It started so well...., 20 Sep 2013
This review is from: Blood Faerie - Urban Fantasy (Caledonia Fae Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

My expectations were crushed by the second half of the book as my hope for a P. D. James with a supernatural twist turned into another rehash of the well worn supernatural romance genre. All the usual tropes make an appearance after all. Jealous ex? check. Hitherto unrecognised great power of good guy? Check. Psychotic bad guy aiming for world domination? Check. Dodgy gory rite imperiling one of the major characters to achieve same? Check. Obsessive dissection of bumpy romance between two main protagonists? Check. Humourlessness, white hair and pointy ears? Check.

It's not badly written though and if the Twilight books are your cup of tea, you'll probably like this.

*sigh*

4.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant paranormal Fantasy mixed withmurder and mystery!, 30 Jun 2012

India has beautifully intertwined a magical Fae world with our own human world with her detailed magical explanations making it seem completely believable!
This is a brilliant urban fantasy book is based in Perth a small Scotish town and covers a great mix of Fae, druids, murder mystery, paranormal, evil, and a good Cop.

Its a compelling read and immediately starts with the murder of a fae; this keeps you engaged to the very end. The characters are relatable especially Ellidh who has been exiled from her world after using her forbidden powers and sentenced to death by the elders. With the help of her father she had no choice but to run away to our human world to keep safe; despite this she still has a great connection to her people and family and wants to help find the murderer.

The Character Ellidh keeps away from humans just watching out of sight in the shadows and has done this for many years during her exile. She doesn't understand the ways of humans fully and I loved watching her try to understand our normal household ways; India gave Ellidh a wonderful innocence which made me feel more connected to her as a character.
She accidentally connects up with Munro an Inspector who is the only human to have ever noticed her and they begin an unusual and unlikely relationship to help solve this sadistic murder. Through the book we discover a deeper darker world of the evil blood Fae and we watch as Munro discovers secrets about himself and his family he never knew.

I enjoyed the way India introduced us to the different types of Fae magic to quite some depth making it feel very authentic. She has a knack of pulling you deeper into this book the further you read and after only a few hours sleep I had to read this book to the end and loved it. There is a nice romantic twist running throughout the book between her old Fae flame Saor and her growing relationship with Munro. I would have liked to see them more romantically involved than they are...but that's just me a big old romantic...So Ive big hopes for the next few books....to see how their relationship pans out.
This book has a brilliant dramatic ending which I wont give away and it wraps the whole book up and connects everything together just brilliant.
A highly recommended read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Faerie's?!?..Really?!?!, 24 April 2012
Wasn't sure about this genre of book as I usually read thriller, horror, supernatural and dabble a bit in fantasy/otherworldly stuff. But Faeries?! I was most pleasantly surprised! It quickly sets the scene and is very descriptive and well written, so it easily draws you in. The mix of real world and fae world is a great combination and makes it practically believable. You feel a lot for the main characters in this book both through good times and bad times. It twists, turns and builds to intrigue and excitement throughout. Absolutely loved it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Fantasy, 5 Mar 2012
I had no great expectations of this book. There are so many urban fantasy novels now, that many of the books merge in to a homogeneous mass.

This book works well, however. The writing is assured, and the copyediting good. The main characters are interesting, and there is a convincing back story. The book moves along at a brisk pace, and I looked forward to picking the Kindle up to read it.

The Scottish setting is fairly limited. I had no particular sense of the two main settings (Perth and Skye), although the details that were given were all plausible. There were unanswered questions, but this seemed appropriate for the first book of a series.

Overall, a confident and well imagined book. I'll buy the next one in the series, and I hope the author makes a bit more use of the Scottish setting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Cracking Read from a Great New Author, 30 May 2011
Marsha Moore (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I started reading India Drummond's 'Blood Faerie' on a noisy plane, but within seconds I was drawn into the world of Eilidh and the mystery surrounding the strange murders in a small Scottish town. A faerie who has been cast out for using forbidden magic, Eilidh watches humans from a distance. But when the murders continue and she might have the powers to stop them, she can't help but get involved. Drummond skilfully intertwines human and faerie worlds, drawing the reader easily into both the delights and horrors each entails. Quite often in books such as these, I feel bogged down by all the rules and rituals of the world the author has created. I never felt that way here -- every detail unfolds in such a natural way I could almost believe faeries do exist! If you're looking for a compelling, well written mystery with a touch of romance, I highly recommend this book. Having read Drummond's debut novel 'Ordinary Angels' as well as this one, I can't wait to see what's next!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 25 Nov 2013
I chose this book as a recommendation, It took me a while to get into this book, I felt no bond with the characters until
the end, I felt there was a lot of setting up but it's still a good story,and I will read the second.

3.0 out of 5 stars blood faerie, 27 Aug 2013
Quite good, abit slow could have done with more action. Probably ok for teenagers. Not really for me, read worse

5.0 out of 5 stars A happy new discovery, 5 Jun 2011
When I saw this book was about the supernatural - faeries - and set in Scotland, it was a must for me! As I started to read the book I did not feel an immediate connection and I was a little concerned that it was going to be a disappointment, but no -by the second chapter I had bonded with the 2 main characters.

I enjoyed the mix of murder mystery with the supernatural and I can see the possibilities for future books in the series. The partnership of exiled faerie with the policeman just discovering his own powers as a Druid, provided an intriguing relationship with plenty of scope to come as his powers are fully discovered and their relationship grows. Will she be accepted back into the fold, will she want to be accepted? How their special bonding develop? Will they become a pairing who will continue to investigate rogues as they can move and live among humans, I cant wait to find out.

I see that India has written other novels, and I will be having a wee peak at them too, after enjoying this book so much. For anyone who enjoys this kind of subject matter I would recommend giving it a go.

4.0 out of 5 stars spot on, 5 July 2014
spot on

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!, 13 Jun 2014
Not my usual reading material but this turned out to be an absolutely fantastic book, I will definitely get the next in the series.