5.0 out of 5 stars A Bit of Everything!
This is a great book if you want to get away from your own possibly mundane life for a few hours!

Published on 21 Jan. 2013 by HarleyGirl

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good for a day by the pool or a rainy afternoon
I bought this as a holiday read and in honesty it fits the bill. I read it in a day and yes there's a couple of bits you think 'yeah yeah' but a couple of bits were humorous too.
James Bond and Jason Bourne have nothing to fear....
Published 9 months ago by amazon470

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bit of Everything!, 21 Jan. 2013
HarleyGirl (West of England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Housewife Assassin's Handbook (Housewife Assassin Series, Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

The heroine of the book combines, somehow, being a single soccer mum of three children with being a CIA assassin. It's a nutty, funny, well constructed book that had me laughing out loud several times. If you are looking for something to make you smile, give you a bit of a flutter in your heart because the men are so tasty, and provide plenty of running around and killing people, interspersed with doing school runs, picking up cupcakes and trying to outdo the other yummy mamas, then this is the one for you!

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm so GLAD this is a series!, 12 Nov. 2012
Donna Stone's husband was a CIA operative who was killed on the night their youngest daughter is born. Soon the angry, grieving widow takes on freelance assignments for his old company ACME to avenge his death. A good thing she has this alternative. Being broke can drive a mother of three to many extremes. She soon finds out that she's a better assassin that she is a housewife. It's like this - arrange Tupperware or plan someone's murder?? This book is SO good! It's written in first person, which drew me into the character very quickly. The writing is great, loved the humor and enjoyed each conflict Donna found herself embroiled into. I'm so glad this is a series!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 25 Feb. 2014
Written with wit, it's fast faced and I found it hard to put it down. I got it as a free download and I have already paid for the next in the series.

You need to suspend disbelief for part of the plotline but there are a few twists and turns which will keep most people guessing. I loved the descriptions of some of the other people in the community. I laughed out loud many times when reading it.

if you want a bit of escapism I'd recommend this series. I will certainly be looking for other books by Josie Brown.

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun change from the usual crime thrillers, 2 Jun. 2015
J. Trainer (Brighton, England) - See all my reviews
It is only when Donna Stone’s husband is killed by a car bomb that she finds out that he works for Acme, a shadow government agency that spends its time bumping off bad guys. To get revenge on his killers, a terrorist group called The Quorum, she is persuaded to take his place as a government assassin.

OK, it’s clichéd and full of holes with a plot as thin as her sexy underwear and she’s so naïve that she can’t see when she’s being spun a line … even though the rest of us do, but, hey, it’s a fun book. Even as she gorily dispatches another villain – does the American government really go around knocking people who hack it off? – we have to grin as she does it.

This is a lightweight read that doesn’t stress the intellect but certainly exercises the smile muscles and it makes a change for the main protagonist to be a feisty woman rather than a muscle bound super hero.

5.0 out of 5 stars An addictive read, 27 April 2013
I was lucky enough to win this eBook from a giveaway on Dizzy C's Little Book Blog, the blurb sounded interesting and I was looking forward to reading it.

I have to say that this book was even better than I thought it would be - I ended up reading it in just one evening and couldn't go to sleep until I knew what the outcome would be! It was action-packed and humorous from the start and that continued throughout, Donna appeared to be struggling with her double life as an assassin and a mum but I was surprised to find out that she hadn't told anyone (not even the children) that her husband had died. However, once I had read the explanation for this I understood why.

An unexpected visitor in her house created more problems for Donna and, I think, added another entertaining side to the storyline. I really enjoyed the mission details and the many twists and turns that kept me glued to my Kindle screen. Towards the end I did guess where things were heading but that didn't matter where my enjoyment was concerned because I still couldn't wait to find out exactly how it would all be revealed.

I was pleased to discover that this is the first of a series and look forward to getting my hands on book two so I can see where life takes Donna and her family next!

The book contained some sexual scenes so if you are likely to be offended by this then it probably isn't a book for you.

This was an addictive read - gritty but funny at the same time, it definitely hit the mark with me

4.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Comedic Mystery, 27 Mar. 2015
4.5 Stars

The first chapter of this book has got to be the most gut-bustingly funny, darkly humorous writing I’ve ever read, all without deterring from the drama at hand: killing the human target. Five star material all the way. While the rest of the book doesn’t quite match that degree of authorial excellence, it’s still damn good, earning an all-around 4.5 star rating from me. I love the narrative voice and the author’s writing style. Granted, I’m a sucker for a comedic mystery or comedic thriller but that doesn’t take away from the excellent writing on display here.

Seeing our housewife juggle kids and domestic bliss with being an expertly trained assassin is a big part of the fun, as you can imagine in a book with this title. Despite the outrageous setup, the author makes it work by showing she’s done her homework. The spook stuff, everything a good assassin needs to know, is convincingly covered. And taking the time to flesh out our heroine’s character (not just her sense of humor), goes a long way to making her highly empathetic. It’s easy to identify with her struggles at home and on the job because she’s all too human, and her reactions to obstacles thrown her way strike us as ones we might have ourselves.

A fun read that’s over far too quickly. Looking forward to the sequel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 11 Jun. 2013
This was different to what I usually buy, but thought I would give it a try as it was free, I enjoyed it so much I bought the other 3 books in the series, I loved the tips at the beginning of each chaper, I would recommend this to anyone who wants something light to read

4.0 out of 5 stars A must for all working mothers, 23 Feb. 2014
From the opening sentence this book had me hooked. It's humorous and all working mothers will be able to relate to the balancing act here. Although, I'm guessing not many of us will have such an exciting job.
The main character gets herself into such situations but still manages to get home in time to pick the kids up, cook dinner and have great sex ha! How much did I want to be her?
A thoroughly enjoyable read that took me away from my own lacklustre life, even if only for a short while. I look forward to reading more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully funny series., 10 April 2013
Loved all of these books and they will have you laughing out loud. Contains tips on housecleaning, cooking and disposing of bodies and clean up. Very witty and unexpected.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read-!!!!!, 8 Feb. 2014
This is the first r st book I have read. By this author, but it certainly
won't be the last. Light hearted, tongue in cheek, page turning brilliance. Josie Brown's word craft allows your imagination to draw a wonderfully vivid picture of events as they happen putting you right in the middle of the action. Fantastic!.