5.0 out of 5 stars Very explicit, to the point, no beating round the bush...
A very well written book. This book requires no pictures as the descriptions lets your mind do the work. I found that I could even read the book with my current girlfriend with out feeling like a complete gimp. It showed us that there is much, much more than just 'sex'. There is feeling and emotion in both parties concerned.
Having been written from the females point...
Published on 21 April 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars A big disappointment...
Published on 13 July 2002

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very explicit, to the point, no beating round the bush..., 21 April 2001
This review is from: Hot Sex: How to Do It (Paperback)
Having been written from the females point of view, it is an absolute must for any couple who seek sexual understanding. In life, it is far too easy for a man to tell a woman what he likes and dislikes. For a woman to tell a man what she likes or dislikes, is far, far harder because us men take it the wrong way. This book is the answer, it does just that for both sides. It demonstrates that both sexes have something to learn and fun can be (has been and will be)had whilst doing so.
Myself and my girlfriend still read the book from time to time and enjoy every word.
WELL DONE, TRACEY....AN EXCELLENT BOOK.

5.0 out of 5 stars A sex book for men, written by a woman?, 8 Jun 2001
This review is from: Hot Sex: How to Do It (Paperback)
At last, an unpretentious, down-to-earth book written in plain language for both men and women. This volume deals with almost every aspect of sex without ignoring relationships between couples regardless of gender. It is packed with a humour that makes it fun reading alone or as a couple and leaves no room for embarrassment or shame. It explodes the perennial myths that seem to plague every generation and even explains the physiological differences between individuals of both sexes. Most refreshing of all it helps to dispel those little insecurities that are common to both men and women such as, 'Am I too fat', or 'Am I too small', or 'Does size really matter' - the list goes on... The book deals with all those things that they don't teach in school sex education lessons, including masturbation & oral sex, and fills in the gaps of even the most experienced lover's knowledge. It not only encourages both sexes to be supportive, sympathetic and sensitive to the needs (and taboos) of their partners - it also encourages respect. I recommend everyone to read the book from cover to cover including the author's very modest introduction where she has not presumed to have covered every single aspect of sex or relationships and even apologises for that. Nevertheless her research has been most thorough and in my view, what isn't covered is probably outside the scope of a volume such as this anyway. Perhaps most remarkable of all is that this book, although written by a woman, is particularly sympathetic towards men and I recommend it as being the ultimate in sex education for men, whether for their own reference or to share with a partner. This is not another Karma Sutra, nor is it an encyclopedia of the mechanics of sex - it is about 'real' sexual relationships and includes all the essential ingredients that should make us wiser and better sexual partners. Tracey Cox's book gets my vote as the best sex manual of the 21st century and it deserves to be in the reference section of every public library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for young people, 28 Sep 2005
James Akhrass (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hot Sex: How to Do It (Paperback)
I am 25 years old and this book was very appropriate for my age group. She writes in a very pleasant and upbeat way. The tips and advice are straightforward and useful. I personally learnt a lot from this book. I also recommend "Scientifically Guaranteed Male Multiple Orgasms and Ultimate sex".

4.0 out of 5 stars Witty and very informative, 24 July 1999
This review is from: Hot Sex: How to Do It (Paperback)
This book has helped my sex life no end. I've been in a relationship for 5 years and now it feels like i am sleeping with a new man!!! More men and women should read this book. It's not like the ones you've read before. It has common sense advice, tips and humour.It answers all those questions you've never dared ask even your best friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mindblowing!, 19 Jan 2006
Rehan Malik (Bedford, Beds United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hot Sex: How to Do It (Paperback)
This book has helped give me a fantastic sex life - seeing things from a woman's point of view and being able to pleasure her is very rewarding! And it works both ways too, especially if the girl has a copy of the book and you can practice together... For me, the girl in question is now my ex - but for the 4 years we were together, the sex was always exciting and adventurous - that is as a result of this book primarily! Can't wait to give the next special girl such pleasure... ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really impressed, 12 Aug 2002
This review is from: Hot Sex: How to Do It (Paperback)
I am really impressed with this book as I find it frank and to the point in every area it venture's. Some of the reviews seem to find the book to clinically and scientifically slanted, but I have read a few of these what to do books which drum out the same information time and again in each chapter, whereas this lady tells you as it is in a frank forward matter and from what I can see the humorous side of the book makes up for all the scientific facts which you can find statistic's for on any subject. This lady includes a chapter on sexual etiquette and one on contraception which can make the less responsible among us at least more aware of the dangers of sexual disease's which is a lesson most of these books could learn from.
All said this is a very informative read, to the point and well researched.

2.0 out of 5 stars A big disappointment..., 13 July 2002
This review is from: Hot Sex: How to Do It (Paperback)
I think when I bought this book, I was expecting a 'Joy of Sex'-type book, which would be interesting and perhaps even stimulating to read. I'm afraid the reality was a bit of let down. For me, there seems to be too much emphasis on the clinical side of sex, or the negative things about sex, with sections about abortion, incest, rape, childhood sex abuse and STIs. I feel that information about such things as what happens at the police station after you report a rape don't really belong in a book that's selling itself as 'perfect bedtime reading for two'.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lukewarm Sex, 13 Dec 2002
This review is from: Hot Sex: How to Do It (Paperback)
The title of this book promises so much more than the contents. I was seduced by the words "Hot Sex", hoping for some quality advice on how to pleasure a man properly, sex positions and other inventive ways to spice up my love life. What I got was akin to something you'd get free with "More" - aimed at a younger audience (bearing in mind I was 20 at the time of purchase) and lacking in details.
If you want some light-hearted, basic advice on sex then this book is more than adequate, but if you're after something harder (no pun intended) with detail, I suggest you look elsewhere, or consider buying a video or two.
I didn't learn anything and was disappointed. Perhaps I didn't really need a book after all ...

3.0 out of 5 stars A few interesting bits, 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: Hot Sex: How to Do It (Paperback)
Good explanation for some things but focused on covering every thing from dating etc so not really what it promises.

5.0 out of 5 stars SIZZLING!!!!!, 24 Nov 2001
This review is from: Hot Sex: How to Do It (Paperback)
Everything you ever wanted to know about sex, but were too afraid to ask - because you didn't know who to ask or how to ask! A fantastic book with some truly amazing facts that you probably thought you knew. Whether you're straight or gay, old or young, male or female, single or attached, this book is a must have. I can guarantee that once you've picked it up, you won't want to put it down! Buy it for your best friend. (Don't give them yours because you'll want to keep going back to it!)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›