on 31 May 2014
I bought these for my wife as her shoes are a bit higgledy-piggledy in the wardrobe.
They arrived at 8.45 in the morning, and by 9.30 they were all assembled.
Assembly is simplicity itself, but I notice that upon reading the 53 reviews, some purchasers have experienced difficulty.
Here you go then !!!
Firstly, take all 20 dividers and crimp both edges to 90 degrees down the fold with finger and thumb: put to one side.
Secondly, take the flattened boxes and open them and fold them completely the other way crimping the folds between finger and thumb: this will make them stay open on their own.
Then, hold box by each end and fold the flaps completely in, and then completely out again: this will facilitate final assembly, and also remove the stacking slot covering.
At this stage feed the handle into it's locating slots if required.
Next, close one end completely with both locking tabs.
Repeat with all remaining boxes
(You might want to make sure that you have all the boxes the same way round when you do this so that the stacking tabs all point upwards when assembled)
Insert the divider diagonally (the only way it fits) most pointy end first having put shoes in as required and close other end. Without the divider, you can actually put in 2 pairs of flat pumps or ballerina type shoes.

When stacking, you may find that the stack leans slightly, as the manufacturer has not jigged up correctly for the welded seam, and it's half a millimetre out from one end to the other. (or maybe it's the operator's fault)

I hope I have not offended too many of you with these instructions.

P.S.
My wife has now filled all 20 boxes, and is very pleased to have tidied away 32 pairs of shoes.
Me, I've got a brown pair and a black pair!
22 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 August 2011
I recieved these shoe boxes on 18th August and they are fabulous, strongly made and worth every penny and save a vast amount of room , stacked on each other so i will be ordering more shortly to house all my summer sandals, so a MUST buy , if anyone purchases these please can you tell me how the dividers work as i have not put them in as the item does not show how they fit , but this will not deter me buying more , so would recommend shoe lovers these items from this seller ,
on 12 June 2012
I bought these as the shoe rack at the bottom of my wardrobe was driving me nuts - the shoes were getting dusty and every time I took one pair off, another fell off too. These have turned out to be the perfect solution. They are easy to put together, stack really well (no slipping or collapsing) and have really tidied up my wardrobe. However, if you are thinking of buying, please note the following:

1) I am a UK size 5 and they fit all of my shoes fine. However, trainers are a tight fit and MBT's are too big. So if you have larger feet and chunky shoes, you may find the size slightly restrictive and it might be better to opt for a men's size.
2) The main picture of the item is slightly misleading - the smaller pictures are more accurate. The boxes are clear plastic, but they have 'etched' diagonal lines which stops them from slipping when stacked - this does render them slightly opaque. You can easily pick out which shoes are which when looking from above,but when they are stacked you cannot see the shoes through the folded ends. I have solved this by only 'double locking' the backs of the boxes (they still hold together fine)- this means that you can easily open the fronts to look in and my stack is not disturbed at all

The boxes arrived really promptly and represent super value compared with many of the alternatives, particularly as they include the diagonal separators well as the little carry handles.

Overall, these are great value and provide a neat solution.
on 23 December 2011
Arrived nicely pack, easy to assemble and stack, fits 2 pairs of flat sandles in one box, ankle boots fit nicely, make it easier to find shoes
on 11 July 2012
Great shoe boxes, they serve their purpose but only downside is that there are no instructions has to how to stack them.
on 23 May 2012
When I first opened the packet (wich arrived a day earlier than the estimated delivery date), I was a bit worried that the plastic boxes wouldn't be sturdy enough. I needed to stack a few boxes and thought the bottom ones might get squashed under the weight of the pile of boxes on top. I didn't need to worry. I stacked up to 8 boxes containing shoes or ankle boots and the bottom ones didn't get squashed.
The boxes are very easy to assemble and come with optional handles and dividers. The dividers add sturdiness but can be removed for extra storage space to fit ankle boots for example. Each box can be opened from the front and back panels to either identify a pair or take it out. Once stacked, the boxes make a neat looking shoe wall.
This product is great value for money. I wish I had purshased it earlier.
on 13 December 2011
These shoe boxes are a brilliant idea. Very easily assembled and keeps shoes neatly stacked but at the same time they are easily visible. A very good buy.
on 3 September 2011
i usually buy my shoe boxes from Argos. whilst browsing i came across these boxes. I order two packets and they came within the stated time. very pleased with quality and would buy from this company again, excellent quality.
on 20 July 2013
I ummed and ahed over whether to buy these or the man's version of the storage boxes, as I like really high heels (6 inch heels & platforms). Almost all of my shoes fit into the boxes. They are robust, as long as you use the diagonal divider supplied. You can see through the sides to identify the shoes you want and extract them from either end instead of unstacking all the boxes to get to the one you want.

I would say though that they struggled to fit all my shoes, even though I am a size 3-5, so if you have heels and don't have tinyfeet then consider buying the larger men's version. Have a look at the sizes stated, measure your shoes, and work out before ordering if the boxes will fit a pair at a time.

I am very happy with the storage boxes.
on 17 November 2011
Ideal purchase, 20 stacked in bottom of wardrobe,keeps pairs together, I use them like drawers peeking in the front to retrieve shoes. Great purchase. Does what it says on the box!