Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 17 September 2008
When I 1st heard this album I was blown away. This album actually made my skin tingle from start to finish, though I must admit that this record does contain the only INXS song I actually hate (the final track 'Men and Women'). The album starts with 'Questions' which sets the scene perfectly - mellow, good rhythm and strong bass-line, but also with an almost eerie side to it. Some of the songs don't appear as strong as others, though I find every time I listen its a different track that catches my attention and despite owning this album (initially as a cassette until over-use destroyed it and then as a CD) since it was released I still often listen to it and thoroughly enjoy it.

If you want INXS sounding like they did on 'Kick' then buy 'Kick', INXS have evolved throughout their career meaning each record has its own style built up upon the fundamental sound of the 6-man band. Every album has its roots in rock and every album has strong bass-lines throughout and then its up to you to select the one you prefer. For me, this album is one of their best.
on 21 July 2013
love it....fantastic music from a fantastic band. michael is the best singer of all time. Recc to all inxs fans
on 4 March 2016
Brilliant album and despite Kick getting all the plaudits probably the best album they did in my view
on 4 June 2015
This is a great INXS album. It makes me want to check out other lesser known INXS CDs.
on 25 May 2016
Just the ticket - really enjoying this cd - many thanks
on 18 June 2016
inxs the best pop band of the 80s and 90s
on 5 August 2005
yes as the nineties progessed with the grunge invasion the bands of the 80's were in a bit of a flap how to mantain there audience with there classic sound and yet still sound fresh..
well that's a tough question because in the end you're gonna go over common ground and disappoint people this album sort of half fills the cup and will leave a taste you will remember
this album features the classic pop song "baby don't cry"
and "beautiful girl" wishing well and the spine chilling "men and women"
inxs tried i give them that in places it's the same and it others it's new depends on how you listen...
on 12 September 2015
Decent album but not one of my favourites from them
on 16 November 1999
INXS had been around for some time although they did not go to the extremes that U2 did to reinvent themselves they did try. INXS tried to change their sound with this cd, but I do not think they succeeded. Some of the songs are vaguely similar, and the best songs here, Beautiful Girl and Not Enough Time actually sound the most similar to their older sound. INXS was really a fabulous band though, and like U2 managed to stand the test of time and release new material. I would suggest their self titled release first, although this is an enjoyable listen.