5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 5 Feb. 2014
Pete F. (Ayrshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Chroma Atelier Interactive Acrylic Set 12 x 20ml Tubes, Mister & DVD (Home)
I have been a long time user of Acrylic paint and find that their unique properties make them an ideal medium for the type of art that I make. I was keen to try the Chroma Atelier Interactive Acrylics purely to see if they lived up to the claims of improved blending and application of the paint.

Having used the paint on several paintings now I can say that these paints do perform as stated and do improve blending on the canvas - somewhat similar to how oil paints perform. What I would say though is that you do need to reconsider your methods of working with this acrylic paint and you do need to come to terms with some new techniques.

I was surprised to find that the Interactive and the traditional acrylics had very similar drying times when used straight from the tube but where the two differ is the fact that the Interactive paint can be opened up and reworked by using the water 'mister' or the 'Unlocking' formula.

Overall these are good quality paints that tend not to look as 'flat' as traditional acrylics when dry and whose colour shifts very little during the drying process. The paint consistency is comparable to Liquitex Acrylics and is ideal for use in a watercolour/gouache style.

Being as I have not been using these paints for long I probably do not make full use of their unique attributes as yet but, as any artist will know, it takes a little while before you feel completely comfortable with any brand of paint. On that basis I would highly recommend these paints as a good quality alternative to traditional makes of acrylic paint.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is not a toy, 9 July 2012
It seems a pity to rate this as a toy. Surely there are better ways. An excellent starter pack for those wishing to try interactive acrylics.

4.0 out of 5 stars Chroma Atelier Interactive Acrylic set, 13 May 2013
L. J. Cooper - See all my reviews
My problem with normal acrylics is the speed of drying, and the difficulty that offers with blending etc. These acrylics offer a much longer 'working' time. Even though the paint may seem dry a quick blast with the mister (supplied), enables you to continue to work on the painting. What did surprise me is the length of time that this 'misting with water' for reworking lasts...I left a painting overnight, the next day I wanted to apply a glaze over the dry painting. I assumed I'd left it long enough to have dried out completely. But the glaze immediately softened the under-painting and turned it into a mess. However, that was down to my ineptness. These acrylics do remain workable for much longer than the usual acrylics...that's why I bought them. So I'm pleased with them and would recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., 14 Sept. 2013
I enjoyed using these paints and found the DVD quite useful too. Would be a great present for someone who wants to try out these paints.

Chroma Atelier Interactive Acrylic Set 12 x 20ml Tubes, Mister & DVD