5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected
This hip flask was bought as a gift for my niece in New Zealand. It was so much better than I expected. it was affordable, came with the extras and was engraved to the most professional standard and was sent to me within 2 days of ordering it. I would buy this product again and again and from this seller again and again.
Published on 13 Aug 2011 by kindaxena

3.0 out of 5 stars hip flask
i expected the working to be actually ingraved into the metal, but it was just printed, but it is still a good pruduct and you get your moneys worth, so it is still a great product thanks
Published 22 months ago by becky

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 13 Aug 2011
This review is from: Laser Engraved Personalised Hip Flask- Great Wedding Thank You Gifts, Birthday Gift, Gift for Him, Fathers Day Gift! (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, great quality and amazingly fast!, 19 July 2012
Let's be honest, these days if you went into a high street shop or a cobbler's, you'd expect the engraving alone to cost you a tenner. I just graduated and decided that I needed something alcoholic and vaguely classy to celebrate with - a hip flask seemed ideal. So, onto Amazon and this comes up top of the list.

At ten pounds (as of July 2012) you can't really fault it. The packaging is sufficient, although if you were giving it as a gift I would buy a nicer box because it looks a bit naff. The flask itself is surprisingly good, it's made of polished stainless steel - pretty standard stuff unless you want to spend hundreds on silver - and will fit into a pair of jeans nicely. Some of the welding between the body and the top/bottom of the flask is a bit iffy, but I only noticed that now as I find something to pick a fault in for the review. Unless you want to spend five times as much, you can't do much better.

The engraving is a reasonable size, although it's laser etched, not engraved if you want to be pedantic. By this I mean if you hold the flask sideways, you can't see any grooves. That said, it does the job very well and looks professional - I'm very happy with it! You get four lines of text which is plenty enough for a short quip, I went with the geek option (see the customer images). The only quibble I have is that the spacing between the lines is dependent on whether the line above has letters with descenders (g, p, etc) or not so some lines look a little squashed, but it's not really noticeable.

It also comes with a handy funnel for filling it up with your favourite spirit. Pro top: fill with the funnel at an angle so that air can escape and it'll save you a lot of time waiting for the funnel to drain. It's quite easy to overfill, but that comes with practice!

Highly recommended for anyone who needs a quick stylish gift for someone or just wants to treat themselves. A note on the postage - I ordered late Monday night and it arrived Wednesday morning, top stuff, handy if you're in a hurry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Customer Service, 4 Mar 2012
After ordering this product the first ne t come was mis-printed. I complained, just for the sake of complaining and THE NEXT MORNING a brand new, correctly printed product was couriered to my front door. Personally never eperienced that fast turnaround, fully rectified the situation. Would definitely buy from this seller again as they made an honest mistake but put in the effort to make it right.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 22 Jan 2012
A great product. very quick delivery , used iPhone app to buy it and thought it was going to ask me for the engraving message it did not. they emailed me me very quickly I sent the reply. The whole prosses took about 36 hours. great great great

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely special gift, 14 Jun 2012
Very pleased with this item - fast delivery - received 2 days after placing order so v impressed. Item itself is exactly as described. Another reviewer mentioned about the box being a bit flimsy or sth - it is a v simple black presentation box - nothing showy but to be honest I think most men will throw it away anyway- not like us ladies who often like to keep hold of them! This is a gift from my children to their dad for his birthday and the engraving makes it a v special keepsake and at an affordable price. Quality is fine- very lightweight. If you wanted sth sturdier you'd have to pay considerably more. Wd recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute bargain and great quality!, 1 Mar 2012
I absolutely love this! I bought it for my parter's 20th, and was a bit dubious about how good it would be considering the price. But it's great!
Extremely fast delivery (next day) is just the start of it. Yes, the cardboard box that it comes in is a little cheap, but for this price, what do you expect? It's larger than I thought, and the surface is brushed steel. The engraving is gorgeous, but you need a decent amount of words (e.g. To ___, Happy __, Lots of Love, ______) or the text - which can't be resized - will be lost on the large item. The engraving itself is exactly as shown on the picture, and very shallow, making it smooth. I'm absolutely blown away by how good this is, especially considering that buying this on the High Street would cost me three times as much! Bargain - I recommend so much! My only suggestion; if it's for a major present, perhaps buy a better presentation box.

5.0 out of 5 stars hip flask, 4 Jan 2012
Beautifully engraved hip flask - very quick service, arrived a couple of days after order,would cost me over double the price if purchased on the high street.Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on, 1 Mar 2013
Came quickly, well presented and does what it says! No complaints whatsoever, engraving was fine and just as I wanted to be. Will defo buy again from these

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 22 Nov 2012
Very happy with this product; great gift for a male or female and at an affordable price too. Looks very classy and makes an excellent birthday or christmas gift. Basic packaging but okay at least it comes with packaging so it's easier to wrap. Thank you....

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too shabby for under a tenner, 22 Aug 2012
I recently brought this item for my friends 18th birthday, I needed to get him something that would be specific to his 18th, that he could keep but also something he could use when and if he wanted to.

As I received it first and did not dispatch it directly to him I got to see it first and I am very pleased with it, its 6oz so its a nice size and the custom text came out nicely, the only downsides was the writing was very small and I could not chose a layout of where to put the text or the text colour. That being said it came out neat and tidy in the center of the flask in a golden brown font.

So on the whole I am very impressed and for just under a tenner its a great choice of a gift!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›