4.0 out of 5 stars Hair-raising noir
Plugged represents something of a departure for the acclaimed author of Artemis Fowl and other young adult novels, his latest novel heading for the more adult territory of crime fiction. But while the tone and content is definitely adult - it features a semi-delusional bouncer at a pretty sleazy "hostess" (ie. stripper) club who manages to get himself uncomfortably...
Published on 12 May 2011 by Keris Nine

3.0 out of 5 stars Witty enough crime caper
Eoin Colfer, best known for his YA Artemis Fowl novels, has written an adult novel. An adult crime novel at that. Fresh from his extension of the Hitch Hikers Guide To the Galaxy series he's moved on again to another genre. He's certainly a man not afraid of tackling new challenges. The problem is that Plugged seems a bit like a pastiche as well, or at the least someone...
Published on 25 Jun 2011 by Mingo Bingo

2.0 out of 5 stars Unplugged, 11 July 2011
M. W. Stallwood "MS" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plugged (Hardcover)
I thought that a book with such rave reviews would be excellent: I was wrong. Obviously, all reviews are subjective but, from my own point of view, the book was written in a very simplistic manner with little or no characterisation. I won't be reading another 'adult' Eoin Colfer just yet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 21 Oct 2014
This review is from: Plugged (Kindle Edition)
A good read, but I have to say that I prefer Eion's Artemis Fowl books! They are great!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing and dull, 27 Mar 2012
This review is from: Plugged (Hardcover)
I bought this book on the strength of having read virtually every other book by Colfer and enjoyed them. A complete disappointment. Bog-standard crime novel, predictable style and entirely dull story. None of the wit and humour of the other books. Narration sounds like a second-rate black and white detective movie. Is the author running out of ideas? Had to force myself to finish the book just to see whether it improved in the end. Needless to say, it did not. If you enjoyed other books by Colfer, stay well clear of this one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Plugged-Eoin Colfer, 5 Aug 2011
mall1990 "dotially" (St. Annes, Great Britain) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Plugged (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Eoin Colfer's first foray into adult fiction brings together his usual humourous wit along with likeable characters in a book which kept me gripped from beginning to end. My only issue would be that at times the more mature content seems forced simply to remind the reader that you are reading an adult book now. Overall like the majority of Eoin's books I would highly reccomend this to fans of his. 8/10.

1.0 out of 5 stars I only finished it because I'd paid for it, 28 May 2011
This review is from: Plugged (Kindle Edition)
Very poor. It felt as if he was forcing the story to prove he could write something different. I would like to read one he doesn't force as he is so much better than this book. I only finished this because I had paid for it, it wasn't worth the time I spent on it.

1.0 out of 5 stars What the heck!, 14 April 2012
This review is from: Plugged (Hardcover)
I have read most of Colfers books, and have absolutely enjoyed them enormously. When I saw this book, I knew I would have to read it!!! What a big let down. It was extremely hard to get into. What sticks out the most is that the main character spends most of his time bizarrely obsessing over his hair loss and subsequent hair transplant, and if that's not enough then he launches into a dialogue about one of the villians of the piece having a hair transplant too. I am afraid this is one of the extremely rare occasions when I just didn't finish the book because it was also very very boring. What's happened?!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the paper it is printed on, 23 May 2011
Albatross (Basingstoke,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plugged (Hardcover)
This is just a load of old cliches rolled up into what purports to be "A non-stop, fever-pitched crime thriller" but is actually very poorly executed and completely unbelievable.
This author is better than this and I am sure that if I had put this in front of a publisher it would have gone straight in the shredder.

Sorry Eoin, you've let yourself down with this output.[[ISBN:978-0-7553-7998-9 Plugged]]