on 2 July 2011
I was amazed at the quality of this item for such a low price. It is strong, heavy and robust, and very easy to make adustments to suit exactly where you need the microphone to be. The free microphone clip means you are all set to go without additional purchases. The stand comes as one piece, so no need to assemble anything, just make adjustments to the positioning. The only drawback I can think of is that no instructions were included, but really it is so simple to figure out which parts move that they are not necessary. I would happily recommend this item to others, and would buy the same one again if needed!
on 7 June 2012
Its not a top quality product and the finishing has much to be desired.

One issue I had out of the box was the nut that holds the boom has to be tightened to extreme to hold the boom where you want it. I used some PTFE tape around it which helps and if I could be bothered I would send it back but I cannot. If you cannot find anything better for the price then buy this it does a job, otherwise I would suggest looking elsewhere because I cannot see a fault with mine so I would suggest this would be a problem for any mic with some weight.

My mic is below so check the weight and what distance you intend to extend the boom.

Behringer XM8500 Ultravoice Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone
on 9 July 2011
Looks very good for the price. Easy to assemble & versatile. Looks very smart. The free mic clip was a bit bent but will still do the job. Quick delivery.
on 25 November 2011
The stand isn't dreadful value for the price paid, even though the shipping cost was fairly hefty. However, it's nowhere near as well-made as the best-quality stands such as K & N or Hercules; they cost an awful lot more but I'd say they're worth the extra. Seems as though this stand will do its job for a while as long as the adjusting screws are tightened with great care. The height-adjustment clutch is a bit on the weak side and it's not hard to overtighten to the point of jumping the threads. The mic-holder supplied with the stand was not the kind illustrated in the picture, but of a different pattern and a bit too big for an average dynamic mic such as a Shure, EV or similar. It might work OK for one of the fatter wireless mics.

For a fully adjustable boom mic stand on a tight budget, this one is adequate but don't expect it to last for ever. Probably months rather than years. Buy cheap - buy twice. Think about spending more on a better product for quality and long-term use.
on 11 July 2013
The first one I received the box was badly damaged but the product inside was in plastic bags and seemed undamaged. On assembly it was unusuable, nothing would tighten, the only way I could use it was by 'gaffa' taping the moveable parts together. I complained and another one was sent and the original collected. Again the box was severely damaged but the product seemed ok. Interestingly it was a slightly different design not that that was a problem. It was an improvement on the first one, I could at least adjust and lock the height and secure the mike but the boom wood not lock sufficient with the weight of the mike. After some botching it at least now can be used but I have bought another one from a different company and that works fine. This is one possibly the worst product I have ever purchased.
on 20 October 2014
I was nearly scared of these stands by the bad reviews, they turned up day after ordering them, pre assembled, good quality they even work as both a boom or regular stand! What's up with people giving bad reviews of good products?
on 10 May 2013
With the added postage I could have bought a better stand at the same price. It started off well enough, I undid the lower fastening knob and pulled the stand up a little and this released the legs, added on the boom and tightened it - and that's where the problem started; no matter how much I tighten it the boom is always loose. To get the right height and angle, I have had to "balance" the boom around mid way and pull the mic cable tight and tie it back around the stand to keep the balance. You can't get the knob to hold the angle of the stand tight enough. I'm going to dismantle it and add a rubber washer in there to allow it to tighten and grip but this is a pretty bad design as it stands (no pun intended).
on 13 February 2013
Advertised with RRP £39.99. reduced to £8.99 Laughable! I've always lived by the rule that if something seems too good to be true it probably is. I should have known better. As a gigging musician a mic stand retailing for £40 should be of sufficient standard to handle the rigours of the road. As soon as I opened the box I had my reservations.Thin, lightweight tubing used in manufacture makes it unstable when using with the mic. Yes, it's fully adjustable but doesn't stay put when tightened up.The base again is lightweight and it didn't take long for the rubber lugs which connect the legs to the base perished. Live and learn!
on 7 June 2013
One of the feet is broken: - the plastic piece that should hold the foot.
The piece that stays in the middle making the moving junction to the boom part, simply does not hold the piece. You may tight it with whatever force on it... simply will not hold the piece. Will not hold without even try to attach the mic...

Horrible to receive something like this, what a waist of time...
- I don't understand how a brand can send something to a client in a such a bad condition.
on 20 July 2013
First one came and was faulty, and having read more reviews its a common fault in that the vertical and horizontal locking nuts fail to hold any weight. A replacement was offered and that came on second attempt after sellers overly enthusiastic assessment of delivery dates! For the second one, it worked well although I replaced horizontal locking nut with a nut and tightened with spanner, as the plastic knob holding nut didn't seem up to it. Does its job well now.

See one answered question