4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should
I have recently bought one of these but not from this seller, but thought I would add a review here for all those like me that were trying to find a review of it, but couldn't.
I'll start with the negative points:
Published on 19 Sep 2012 by DeeGee

3.0 out of 5 stars When its good, its good
A few things you should know before buying one of these - and most probably apply to all such plug-in radios:
1. Myth 1: Digital radio opens up a whole world of new stations - that depends on where you are. Although the station search brought up 200 stations, only about 20-30 of them work in my area and half of those are available on FM anyway.
2. Myth 2: this...
Published 21 months ago by andrew longman

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should, 19 Sep 2012
I'll start with the negative points:
On opening the box I was disappointed that the unit felt extremely light and plasticy, the appearance in the pictures makes it look as though it could be made from some kind of brushed effect metal, it isn't, although it does look like it is.
There are 4 preset station buttons, each button can hold 2 stations although it can be fiddly to select the second station on the button, you need to first press the centre section of the large black circular button and then press your normal station button, I have found that sometimes I have only managed to get this right on the 2nd or 3rd attempt.
Final negative point, the unit is supplied with a fairly standard windscreen suction type mount and a power cable that obviously connects to your cigarette lighter socket, but the coiled power cable is only approx 30cm long unstretched, who has a cigarette lighter socket that is only 30cm away from their windscreen?? This means that if you do want to have the unit mounted on the windscreen you will probably have to have the power cable at full stretch or do as I have done and buy a longer straight power cable. The cable is a standard mini-usb connector (same as Tom-Tom fitting) and so only cost me £3 for a 1.2m cable.
Other than those minor negatives I have overall enjoyed having the unit in the car and it has worked well. It was very easy to set up, and the reception has been good in my rural Lincolnshire area. The ariel needs sticking onto the inside of the windscreen and is quite discreet and easy to fit.
Another good point is that my normal car stereo head unit displays the station name that the DAB radio is playing, although this doesn't work on all car radios apparently
I have also found that the volume is louder from this than listening to normal am/fm from my normal car radio which was a real benefit as my stereo never seems loud enough.
I bought this as I wanted something different to the Pure Highway that everyone else has and I don't regret my decision.

Hope this review was helpful to those like me that could find no other real reviews anywhere!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent part from lead, 3 Mar 2013
This review is from: BEAT 400 IN CAR DAB DIGITAL RADIO TUNER (Electronics)
Easy to fit, works well, power lead ridiculously short, needs to be at least 1m long. I have to buy an extension lead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beat 400, 22 Sep 2012
This review is from: BEAT 400 IN CAR DAB DIGITAL RADIO TUNER (Electronics)
Works as expected. Aerial lead could have been longer to enable it easily to work with the aerial attached to a rear window

5.0 out of 5 stars DAB radio, 31 July 2013
Dr. S. Farrow - See all my reviews
This review is from: BEAT 400 IN CAR DAB DIGITAL RADIO TUNER (Electronics)
Transmits to the car radio Great range of stations. Also will tune with a turn dial.Wow. Easy or what. 1

3.0 out of 5 stars When its good, its good, 11 Mar 2013
This review is from: BEAT 400 IN CAR DAB DIGITAL RADIO TUNER (Electronics)
2. Myth 2: this unit is easy to operate. I got the hang of things pretty quickly, but operation depends on finding a clear area of FM frequency. The Unit suggests one, then you have to manually tune your car radio to that frequency. If that one is not clear, you go through the whole process again. Now if you only had to do this once at set-up, it would not be a problem, but as you drive around in the car (and let's face it, that's what cats are for) you quickly find that the FM frequency that was clear in one area has got someone broadcasting in another, hence you need to get the unit to suggest another frequency and then manually tune your radio again. THIS IS NOT SOMETHING FOR A DRIVER TO ATTEMPT WHILST MOVING as it requires two hands and a set of eyes. I lost signal just going from the south of Milton Keynes to the North. Yesterday I started out from Nottingham with a signal heading south and lost it within 10 miles. However, better news today: I commuted from Milton Keynes to Harrow and although the signal got fuzzy twice, I didn't lose it. So hopefully the bulk of my travel will be OK.
As previous reviewers have said:
a) the power lead is very short. I could mount the unit in the middle of my screen, directly above the cigarette lighter socket, but for changing channels on the move, I need it closer to my line of sight and have therefore used my sat-nav cable.
b) the Aerial connector is a pain. You need to screw and unscrew it, rather than being a simple plug. Constant use is going to cause it to break, so I am leaving my DAB in situ, which security-wise is not my preferred option.
It might be worth getting an external aerial, but as these seem to be a further £20 or more, I probably won't bother.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: BEAT 400 IN CAR DAB DIGITAL RADIO TUNER (Electronics)
Easy enough to use, but the signal is woeful while travelling around. Over a week I tried the Ariel in different positions for a couple of days at a time, and it wasn't picking a signal up more than it was. Pretty much a waste of money

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: BEAT 400 IN CAR DAB DIGITAL RADIO TUNER (Electronics)
Extremely happy with this. It was bought as a present and arrived very promptly. It's a neat bit of kit. Extremely easy to fit, brilliant reception, greatvsound, many happy hours driving listening to 5 Live and Talk sport.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good valude ofr money, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: BEAT 400 IN CAR DAB DIGITAL RADIO TUNER (Electronics)
I recently bought a be\at e400 unit to replace my pure highway that h\ad stopped working after less than a year. My overall impression is good and in many ways I prefer it to the pure unit. II like the way the station name appears on my car radio head unit and it fits neatly low down behind the gear leaver in my car therefore out of view, the power lead is too short thus limiting where you can out it. Can anyone tell me a car where a meter coiled lead would reach something on a windscreen mount. Reception on the windscreen muonted aerial is no better or wost than would be expected in an are where reception is poor. I am try to find find an external aerial but so far no luck. Failing that an adaptor for a highway Arial.

1.0 out of 5 stars non delivery, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: BEAT 400 IN CAR DAB DIGITAL RADIO TUNER (Electronics)
this is the second time i have ordered this item first time told it was out of stock even though there was plenty when ordering for a xmas present, this time i have ordered again and this time no delivery, good record isn't it??

John Rushton

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple to fit and operate. Good bit of kit., 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: BEAT 400 IN CAR DAB DIGITAL RADIO TUNER (Electronics)
Arrived 3 days after ordering even though I opted for only the standard delivery. It was fitted and working in about 15 minutes. As other reviewers have said, the power lead is ridiculous but replacements are cheap and easy to obtain. I receive about 20 stations, most of which I'm not interested in, the ones I do like are fine, good reception with no noise. I drove from London to Plymouth with absolutely no degradation of signal. So far, so good.

BEAT 400 IN CAR DAB DIGITAL RADIO TUNER