5.0 out of 5 stars An illuminating experience!
* 221mm
* 30w
* CLEAR FINISH
* Indoor use only
* Energy Rating : 'F'
* Pack of 5 x individually packed Crompton Double-ended Tubular Lamp

Published 15 months ago by A Customer of AMAZON-UK!

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't last long
These lamps fit the cupboard I need them for but they are very fragile and seem to go fairly quickly, and all at once. I'm glad they don't cost too much.
Published 15 months ago by Nicki

5.0 out of 5 stars An illuminating experience!, 12 Feb. 2014
This review is from: 5 X 221MM 30 WATT CLEAR GLASS S15 FITTING DOUBLE ENDED TUBE STRIPLIGHT LIGHT BULBS
* 221mm
* 30w
* CLEAR FINISH
* Indoor use only
* Energy Rating : 'F'
* Pack of 5 x individually packed Crompton Double-ended Tubular Lamp

Aside from the fact that one needs a degree to fathom out the idiosyncrasies of the light bulb market these days, I was horrified to find that a familiar DiY shop was looking for just under a fiver EACH and I needed no less than THREE!
So.....it all came down to how much I really wanted the other half of a display cabinet to light up!

I have heard some horror stories of light bulbs ordered online arriving broken due to inadequate packaging or inferior quality but was happy to give an Amazon fulfilled outlet a go.
Despatched on the day of order; here the next...cellophane-packed, strong jiffy envelope wrapped and clearly endorsed FRAGILE...what more could you ask for?
Nothing as it turns out!

Being prudent, I tested all of them out, as I always do with multi-packs.
They easily slotted into place and both halves of the display cabinet obediently lit up - the remaining two have gone into 'spare' storage.

I have definitely seen the light and become an online light bulb buyer!

ooOoo

That was two months ago and my cabinet is still looking on the bright side!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 5 Mar. 2012
Rosie34 (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
As I always now have problems finding these striplights as well as the other lightbulbs, I now buy online. Delivery was very quick and they were well packaged - so well, that it must have taken 20 minutes to release them! I was a bit disappointed as the first one I used only lasted 20 minutes but I contacted the seller who was very helpful and credited the cost of that one. Since then I have had no problems and would not hesitate from buying from the seller again. (Would have given 5 stars if it wasnt for the one faulty light!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 18 Sept. 2014
Arrived promptly and well packed.

I notice that in some of these bulbs the glass filament support bar is very bowed, nearly touching the outer envelope. However, the filament itself is well clear, so I've no reason to believe the life span will be affected. They're certainly extremely good value - a third of the cost of the last ones I bought - and I wouldn't hesitate to order again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Striplight bulbs, 14 Mar. 2014
Locally these cost me £4 - £5 each so these are a great price. Bought to have in for replacements so haven't actually tried them but I did check each filament was intact - they are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent lights, 6 April 2014
Perfect for our under kitchen cupboards, at a super price, packed perfectly so arrived in excellent unbroken condition. They are give long hours of usage considering the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't last long, 28 Jan. 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing product, 30 Jan. 2013
Kathleen Coull "KathyCrofter" (Fair Isle, Shetland, UK) - See all my reviews
The delivery was fast (but had to be held at P.O. for a while as I was unavailable at the time), packaging was excellent. The product was disappointing as only 2 out of the 5 tubes worked - hence 2 out of 5 stars for the product. I will be returning the unsuitable ones a.s.a.p. and hopefully be sent replacements. In fairness, I have had to take ones that don't work back to my local shop before. So my 'stars' reflect the product, not the service to date.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 out of 5, 25 Oct. 2013
Quick delivery of these bulbs. I checked them all out and all worked fine. I did see some reviews where some people found some of the bulbs did not work. Some bulbs needed to be rotated to locate in the fitting properly. Would buy these again. A bargain compared to the usual retailers who were charging over 5 quid for one of these bulbs,

5.0 out of 5 stars 221mm 30watt striplight, 16 Feb. 2013
this is the first time i have used crompton striplights and have come to the conclusion that they are a very good product. well made and do what they say on the tin!! have only used one of the striplight so far, for around a month, but all is well up to this point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value branded product, 23 Jun. 2013
Very good value for such a branded product. Its a pity that you have to purchase 5 in one go, but at least I have two light strips that will need replacing. Even so, these 5 tubes will probably last me for the next 20 years!