5.0 out of 5 stars Love them! Ultimate winter socks
Published on 28 Jan. 2013 by K. Richardson

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality change?
I've been buying these socks for a number of years now and these latest ones just don't feel as good - the quality of construction and the fit just feel looser and cheaper. I won't buy these online again - I'll buy them in a shop where I can actually see and feel the socks. Maybe Smartwool have cut back - I hope not.
Published 23 months ago by Nick Edge

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them! Ultimate winter socks, 28 Jan. 2013
K. Richardson "Kathy" (Sheffield UK) - See all my reviews
I have bought 6 pairs of these! One for myself and the others as gifts, determined as I am to share the pleasures of Smartwool socks! They are just so warm and well made. Yes, they're very thick, but they compress so well that my boots still fit. Maybe it's the high wool content that allows this. Also, the elastane content keeps them in place well - these are calf length.
(And you really can wear them for several days without them getting smelly!)

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality change?, 15 July 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Loads of potential but..., 26 Dec. 2013
K. M. Newton (UK) - See all my reviews
I'm size 8 and went for large per the guide but they are on the too large side for me which means they squish up in boots and end up slipping down my calf. You can't fault the warmth but I bought two pairs and wish I hadn't. I suspect the medium would be too snug, which is a shame, I want to love them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product but price is OTT hence only 4 star, 31 Aug. 2013
Price is even more ridiculous in shops so always search around on line.... but they are very comfortable, tough and hard wearing.

I use mine as my outer pair of socks with a thinner pair of Bridgedale Trekker socks in my 4 season leather boots which I wear year round for walking and mountaineering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boom!, 16 Jan. 2014
Absolutely phenomenal socks. I work outside in all conditions and suffer from cold toes. These socks are both comfy and warm always. Far better than those woolen hiking torture socks we all tried before...

5.0 out of 5 stars uber warm, 3 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Smartwool Adult Mountaineering Extra Heavy Crew Socks (Sports)
To detract from one review saying " not as well made or as warm as british army socks" I am in the british army and these socks combined with a merino liner are far greater, they dont compact and remain efficient with no washing after a week. If you want to lose a toe go for the army socks by all means.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend, 9 July 2014
Have worn these up some very cold mountains including acongacua and they are simply brilliant

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Yet For Warmth, 18 Feb. 2014
Quite a rugged sock. Firm and comfortable. Since I have gotten older I have started to feel the cold. Of all the socks I have tried these are the best yet.

I am a size nine and these fit nicely without stretching.

2.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but not worth £20, 27 Dec. 2014
J. Hart "Jill" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
For the price I wasn't overly impressed. Yes they are thick and good for wearing with boots, etc, but so are most hiking socks - which are less than half the price of these. Paying over £20 for a single pair of socks is expensive and for that price I certainly expected more than what I got. They aren't great at staying up - I'm a size uk5 so purchased the small size. They are still massive on me and keep slipping down - I have to keep 'yanking' them back up, which is slightly annoying.
Comfortable socks but not worth £20!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, very warm socks., 18 Feb. 2015
Excellent, really nicely made, and very warm. Very thick of course, so only good for footwear you have bought specifically to go with thick socks. I wear them on the motorbike, 70mph of windchill at -2C English winter and my toes stay warm for the hour long commute. Nice flat seams and superb cushioning so suspect these would be good for hiking too, although not for me as my boots were bought with room only for a thick sock, not a very-thick sock as these are.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›