1,347 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best thing I have ever bought
Published on 18 Oct 2011 by Mrsnodworthy

3.0 out of 5 stars Good case but has a major flaw!
Published on 12 April 2011 by wilkster

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best thing I have ever bought, 18 Oct 2011
This case makes an iphone make sense. I have smashed 3 previous iphones and all because I have hated the cases which were on offer. If you are clumsy like me and drop things all of the time this is for you. It makes the phone easier to grip so you will drop it less anyway, but if you do drop it who cares. This is a fantastic item. Most of the negative reviews seem to be around dialing people while the phone is in your pocket. I have only one question for those people. How tight are your trousers? Unless you wear spay on jeans this will not be any sort of issue for you. The other negative comments seem to be around having to open flaps to use the camera/docking port/headphone socket etc. That is the whole point of the cover. What is your point? It has lots of flaps which are more trouble to use than not having flaps. They do however mean that your phone will not get damaged.

If you want total protection and are willing to have very minor flap opening delays when using certain connections on the phone buy this product.

If you wear tight pants and don't want to bother with opening flaps. Don't bother.

I am a clumsy idiot and don't want to smash my phone so it suits me fine. If you too are a clumsy fool who doesn't want to buy a new phone every 2 weeks you should buy this product.

NB
I have also just discovered, thanks to the infinite joy of having children, that this product is fully jam proof.

5.0 out of 5 stars problem fix, 25 Jun 2011
The Griffin case is an exceptionally good piece of kit with one drawback. Anyone who owns one of these will no doubt regale you with stories of pocket dialling all and sundry whenever there is pressure against the case. This happens because the voice control cannot be deactivated in settings on the iphone 4. A quick fix for this is simply to turn the case inside out and use a Stanley knife to remove the protruding rubber nipple. This means that you actually have to apply pressure to the button in order to use voice control or unlock the device.
Doing this has made the case near perfect, if only it were submersible.
hope this helps all.

Jist.

BTW If anybody knows of a way of turning of voice control on the iphone 4 please write something about it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good with a couple of flaws, 21 April 2011
I ordered this case because I wanted to protect my nice shiny new iPhone from my 2 year old and my general clumsiness.

First impressions, it looks like something Bruce Wayne would use for his night time adventures. It certainly looks rugged. First a 2 piece plastic unit with a built in screen protector snaps onto the iPhone. You then fold on the rubber outer layer. It also has a belt clip that can snap on. It also doubles as a stand, rotate the clip and open to maximum and it clips into place.

There is somewhat of a pay-off between the beautiful design of the iPhone and the sheer chunkiness of this case. Some people will be loathe to disrupt the lovely lines of the iPhone but for me, it's worth it. I can stick it in my pocket, leave it on the table and not worry too much if something gets lumped on top of it. I have already dropped it twice and the case protected it fantastically.

I have 2 main gripes: first, the rubber flap on the back that protects the camera can be annoying. You have to use 2 hands to operate the camera and hold the flap open. I would have preferred the flap to have been hinged which could have clicked into place. It's a shame because I don't think this would have been hard to do considering the design of the rest of it.
Secondly, the bit of rubber that protects the home button sticks out slightly so if it's in your pocket and you press on it for a time the voice control kicks in. I can't find a way to turn this off so it is annoying.

Apart from those points I can recommend this case. I think it's the best rugged case you can buy. It won't suit everyone but if you want to protect your iPhone I don't think you can go far wrong with this.

To the bat phone!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good case but has a major flaw!, 12 April 2011
Bought this case after seeing good reviews in the media about how well it protected the iphone, which it does. However it has one major flaw - the 'home' button sticks out too far so when the phone is in my pocket it is constantly activating voice control - this had lead to numerous calls being made without me realising. I know the case comes with a belt clip but it's not always safe for me to use it so it looks like I'll have to try to disable the voice control on my phone :(

5.0 out of 5 stars A life saver, 24 May 2011
Well, what can I say? The case has saved my life (from my wife) - more later.

When the product arrived (quickly and well packaged) I put it on the phone - simple as pie, back on, front on, snap it together, slide iPhone into rubber casing (bottom first) and stretch over the edges - 2 mins max

The hole covers fit nice and snug, the camera cover rotates back and clips into a recess (saves using 2 hands for photo's as other reviews mention - although yet to be proven out and about). Yes, it is a bit chunky, but boy does the phone feel safe.

So, I ventured out with my shiny new iphone in it's rubber brick, walking the dog who decided to jump in the river, knocking me off balance. I tumbled down the riverbank and landed in 2 feet of water. Quickly reaching into my pocket, I fished out the iPhone in it's Survivor case and threw it back up the riverbank to my wife, who promptly dropped it. When I eventually joined her on the path, there wasn't a mark on the phone, no water damage (it wasn't submerged but got splashed) - my wife looked ready to kill me but instead said "That's why you need a proper case".

So, thanks Griffin for making the Survivor - my iPhone and I survived! Friends have commented that it's not as big as they thought it would be and a couple have said they'll get the case too.

I think another reviewer mentioned that he keeps mis-typing - I do as well but am getting used to it now - some of the functions at the edge of the screen are more difficult due to the raised protection of the Survivor, but I absolutely have to award 5 stars to this great case. There's even a 7 minute video on You Tube where they throw it at walls, bowl it across a concrete car park etc - it is pretty much indestructible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 15 Sep 2011
I had my doubts but wow, what a case.It fits the phone like a glove,yes the phone is bulkier but what else would you expect it is supposed to be. In my opinion i think the phone looks great in it.It no longer looks like a sleek iphone but more like a futuristic bit of military hardware, very cool.
I am a fire fighter so this case is perfect for me and because it gives the phone rock solid protection i will use the case on my off duty days as well. If you want to put the phone into something slimmer for the weekend the case is easy to remove.
All buttons and screen function perfectly.Phone calls and reception are not compromised at all, unlike another manufacturers case out there!
The phone is great to hold and if you were to drop it as my colleague did with his the other day no problem the phone is 100% protected.
Other reviews have stated that the flap for the camera is a pain as you have to hold it open.No you dont people.There is a slot for the camera flap to lock into that holds it open duh!!!!When you have finished taking pictures just release the flap and push it back into place.Its on the rear, a small diagonal groove that matches up to the diagonal ridge on the camera flap.
The only issue with this great case is the home button as mentioned in earlier reviews.As stated because it protrudes you can activate voice control when phone is in your pocket.I managed this once but have discovered if i put the phone in my pocket upside down with the button facing forward no problems with accidental activation.
This case looks great,protects a very expensive phone from most accidents if it is good enough for the emergency services, i have many friends in the service who use this case then what better testimonial.
If you are 100% sure you wont drop your precious iphone and crack the glass,chip the back etc and want to keep the iphone lookng like an iphone this is not the case for you.As they say "you take your chances".

4.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the sturdiest there is, 21 Aug 2012
This product does what it says. It truly protects your iPhone.
Though there are a few minor issues:

The home button sticks out too far on the inside of the outer layer. As a result, having this in your pocket will result in involuntarily pressing the home button. The solution is simple and very effective, namely to take a crafting knife and to cut slices off the top of this protrusion until the desired height is achieved. I have to say though that Griffin should have simply designed this better. This is no reason not to buy this otherwise great product though.

What is a bigger gripe is the camera cover. It's not easy to get open, which results in missed pictures. Some reviews suggest you need to hold it open. This isn't necessary, as you can simply twist it and use the provided slot to hold it open. Unfortunately it might take 2 or even 3 times to keep it in the slot. So sometimes, for a quick picture, it saves time to simply hold it open. Cutting this flap off is not advisable, as it forms an important part of the protection.

Also annoying when (you first start using this cover, you get used to it later) can be the edges around the front screen. The iPhone screen isn't a big one and the software on it will use every mm of available space. That sometimes results in not always being able to smoothly slide to open (though that's no long an issue with the lastest OS 5.1.1). It's not really an issue until you try to move an icon to another page. You have to hold your fingers in kind of an unnatural way to get it to work.

When I bought this product, I wanted a clip for my belt, thinking this cover would be too bulky for my pocket. The clip on this phone is not good. You have to remove it to use the bottom port on the phone (so you can't use the otherwise handy stand function on it while plugged in for power.). However, the phone fits in my pocket (little bulky, but it works) and I don't use the clip at all. The non-slippery surface does tend to pull my pocket inside out when I take it out.

All in all, if you're looking for a great protection for your iPhone, I doubt you could find a better one out there. But if that's not your prime purpose in a cover, go with something else.

Should Griffin read this: I love this product, but please work on the negative points I've mentioned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome - almost perfect!, 14 Nov 2011
I don't treat phones very well. Actually, I do my level best to kill them off pretty much every day. I scratch them, bash them, drop them, fill every crevice with dust. I (accidentally) drove over one once with a forklift. I am a builder. And with a brand new iPhone 4s on a 24 month contract, I realised that I needed help. And now I have it. It's been one month and for the first time I feel comfortable having my phone with me on site. Will it survive a forklift? Maybe. Will it survive 2 years? Hopefully. Is it a godsend? Definitely. My only bugbear is that the proxy for the main button is convex rather than concave, so Siri is forever chatting at me from my pocket. Other than that, it's difficult to see how it could be improved!

5.0 out of 5 stars iphone 4 protector, 27 Jun 2011
excellent full proof design for iphone 4, not pretty but defo does the job protecting the phone from everything!! Recommended to everyone who accidentally drops there phones.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 31 Oct 2011
Gordo (Cambridgeshire) - See all my reviews
When I bought my new iPhone 4S (this case fits both the 4 and 4S) I needed a new tough case and this one looked like it fitted the bill. Unfortunately the design has some flaws, and the material used for the screen protection is very soft.

The belt clip attachment secures top and bottom, but doesn't stop the phone being pushed out of the clip when you sit down - it's fallen out of the clip several times already, with the phone dropping down the side of the seat. Not a problem at home or in your own car, but not so good in a taxi or elsewhere where a dropped phone might disappear.

When in the case, the 'home' button stands proud meaning that when it's in your pocket it's easy to press the button summoning Siri whenever you bend or crouch - which you tend to do a lot when working outdoors. I keep the phone in my pocket rather than in the clip because I'm worred about it falling out of the clip.

I've already mentioned the soft plastic screen, and on the first day I used it I managed to scratch the screen while it was in my pocket - something that has never happened to an un-cased iPhone in the same pocket.

On the face of it this case should offer good protection, but there are weaknesses in the design that are very disappointing and leave you feeling a little short-changed as a result.