5.0 out of 5 stars C615 HD Webcam
Published on 21 Mar. 2012 by D. E. Lingard

1.0 out of 5 stars Mac users beware
I could give this product five stars as it is a good camera, but in my case it is simply not fit for purpose. As a webcam it works very well with clear picture and sound. However, I bought it mainly because was advertised as being Mac compatible and I wanted to use it for Skype on my Mac Mini. It does work with the Mac Mini, but it does not work with Skype. After a...
Published 2 months ago by bitmap

5.0 out of 5 stars C615 HD Webcam, 21 Mar. 2012
D. E. Lingard (Arbroath, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech C615 HD Webcam (Accessory)
I bought the C615 HD webcam to replace an earlier Logitech webcam. The previous webcam worked well on my Mac but did not allow me to fully use the cameras features hence the reason for buying the C615 which is Mac friendly. So far the C615 has performed very well both for sound and vision, and is also smaller in size which is also a big advantage. In summary, if you have a Mac and need a new webcam, I can recommend this model.

4.0 out of 5 stars happy customer, 31 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Logitech C615 HD Webcam (Accessory)
I didn't actually buy this item for myself,but I did install it.While doing that we tried to see how it worked and what we noticed was pleasant.It works nicely,the picture is reasonably good,it is smooth and compared with the other of our friend,whom we contacted to test ours,it was miles better.
All and all,I think it's just most people need when they're in need for a good webcam.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Webcam, 14 May 2012
This review is from: Logitech C615 HD Webcam (Accessory)
What a fantastic webcam. After much research on the internet, my eyes were pointed to this cam, and I am not let down. Great picture quality and a the auto focus is spot on. Love how portable it is, and that it can be set up anywhere. Am using on a mac, and it works like a dream. Highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good HD webcam from Logitech, easy to use and carry on, 20 July 2014
Denis Vukosav - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Logitech C615 HD Webcam (Accessory)
Logitech has its fair share HD webcams to offer and C615 model would be a great medium between HD video, its features and portability.

The C615 features full 1080p video recording producing excellent picture quality, using Logitech's Fluid Crystal Technology in process, although users should know they need system which can support 1080p for the best quality. Users with slower/older systems will find out that the resolution can be dropped to 720p, 480p or lower. Also, users have choice of recording in 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios.

Video chat can be done in 720p using almost all IM programs such as the included Logitech Vid HD, Yahoo Messenger, Skype, AIM, Facetime on Mac and etc..

The included software also allows for one-touch video uploading to Facebook, YouTube and Twitter but strangely only to Facebook for photos. Software update allows photo uploading to Twitter accounts as well.

Aside from the picture quality, what makes this camera interesting is the fold-and-go design making this webcam really portable and easy to take on the go. The webcam can also be mounted easily on top of a monitor with a clip-like design which is quite sturdy. Unlike the C910, which is quality-wise, Logitech's best webcam, the C615 does have a 360-degree swivel perfect for recording something around while in same time working on a laptop. There's also a tripod connection underneath although it must be purchased separately. On the left side of the lens blue light is situated which turns on when the camera is in use while the right hand side includes the built-in microphone.

The only missing features from the C615 would be stereo recording and more quality lens. Because cam is coming with a cheaper price tag than its higher-end relatives which is understandable.

C615 is a very good HD webcam from Logitech, easy to use and carry on, produces fine picture with the ability for 360-degrees rotation. I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech C615 HD webcam, 19 Dec. 2012
John Godfrey (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech C615 HD Webcam (Accessory)
recommended. Good with auto-focus and for the mounting bracket for the screen. Clear picture at the other end down under.
Ideal for skype.

5.0 out of 5 stars Short but Sweet Review, better than c900!, 19 Jun. 2012
M. Brunger (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech C615 HD Webcam (Accessory)
Hello there guys! This is just a short review of this webcam, all you need to do is plug it in and it works, people say it works for MAC, I was searching for a decent webcam for my YouTube videos, I was looking all over YT for a decent cam and seen a few, and I needed one with a zoom, I don't mind the 1080p but its amazing, it runs smoothly even when recording in 1080p! Even when in the dark it looks amazing, sometimes as all webcam's do in the dark go a bit funny but that's how all webcam's work.

This webcam I think personally is better than the c900, I seen it online on how it records, its FPS - Frames per second at 1080p runs a lot slower than this webcam! It has slighty just SLIGHTLY better detail on the c900, but I would prefer to get this amazing camera instead for a lower price!

I feel bad at this webcam don't have much views, search it up online on youtube you'll see its great detail, the microphone is amazing for a webcam mic, I never thought I would of used it but its amazing!

So if your in for a nice amazing webcam, take a look at this baby! :D

If you guys are interested inn taking a look at the webcam, or any of my gaming videos I use it for, please come check out my Youtube channel :D
[...]

I hope this helps, please enjoy this product :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and service, 4 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Logitech C615 HD Webcam (Accessory)
This is a very good webcam. As a Mac user, it is essential to buy a Webcam that is compatible with Macs (many are not). This one is both compatible and very good quality and value for money, so i would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hoping this review will be helpful to some people. ..., 19 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Logitech C615 HD Webcam (Accessory)
Hoping this review will be helpful to some people. I bought this C615 Logitech webcam as I have recently got a Mac, and my Microsoft Lifecam HD-5000 won't work with a Mac OS. On the Logitech website & the Support rep I spoke to said that this C615 is will work with Mac OS 10.5 or later. Fact is that in downloadable support software for it (logitech website) it actually says it only works with 10.5 or 10.6.... however... I am running standard build Mac Probook - Retina display OS 10.10 (Yosemite) (with built in camera). This external C615 camera DOES work. For those that have read on the internet that you need to run a script to disable iSight before using an external camera, - this wasn't the case for me- in fact disabling isight in fact disables the external web cam too. So you need isight enabled, but your video software should be configured to select the external device instead. Finally, the Logitech software provided with the C615 (the bit you download from their site - which is said to only work with Mac 10.5 or 10.6 - but also works with 10.10...) doesn't have any capabilities around zoom, contrast etc. I downloaded from the Apple Store an app called Logitech Webcam Settings. this is supposed to be for a C630E webcam - and doesn't say anything about working on a mac.. however, it DOES. So i have fully functioning C615, on a mac Probook V10.10, with webcam software that can change a range of the camera settings. Hope this is helpful to some.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good webcam, 11 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Logitech C615 HD Webcam (Accessory)
It gives really good quality video over Skype at a sensible price. Probably the best value for money on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on for my Mac Mini, 5 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Logitech C615 HD Webcam (Accessory)
Just whats required to get my Mac Mini up and running on Skype and FaceTime!

Opened up; Logitech doftware drivers downloaded from their site, web cam plugged in and all works first time around

Highly recommended