Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£3.16

on 19 November 2012
Having listened to her bands other EP "the wild youth" I was captivated by her voice so went in search for more and I must say I was equally blown away by this EP. The melodies of the guitar and backing vocals provide a beautiful platform for elena's angelic voice. Massively recommend!
on 24 May 2013
I just can't hear "Landfill" enough times and the other songs are great too! The combination of a beautiful voice with complex song structures, great production, groove and heart-shattering lyrics is truly amazing. I had already listened to it a lot on Spotify when I decided to buy this EP but hearing it on thick, beautiful vinyl was still a whole new experience. It's been spinning a lot since I got it.

Now I'm looking forward to the Stockholm concert in November!
on 27 November 2012
Fans of Florence and the Machine, Bat for Lashes and Kyla Le Grange should enjoy this record.
This is the mellowest of the two EP's. It's deeply pretty, relaxed and sits wonderfully with the breathy vocals.
I really recommend Daughter. Hope to see the full album soon! come on guys!
on 29 August 2013
I always chuckle to myself when I hear this band because I'm the lead singer's Dad. Yes! She is literally my "Daughter". Ha!

Let me tell you , she never used to be such a misery guts when she was a kid. She'd usually be sat in the front room having a whale of a time on her SNES. I don't know why she decided that writing songs in the key of glum would be a good way to make a living.

Still I'm very proud of the silly old sad-sack!

Love Dad
x
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 February 2014
This music gets under your skin and you find the songs running through your mind without prompting. Different from what I normally like but a really refreshing change.
on 11 September 2013
I can't stop listening to this album. Elena's voice is so beautiful and haunting, I've recommended this to everyone i know.
on 3 December 2015
I am keeping this in it's cellophane wrapper to keep it perfect, just like the band.
on 25 November 2014