Material Type: Cotton|Colour: Dolphin Grey|Change

on 1 May 2008
Easy to Use
I bought this sling over others for a number of reasons. First, it is simple to use-- simply adjust the straps according to your torso length and you're ready to go! Second, the buckle is large and strong, plus there is a second smaller safety buckle in the event that the larger one should give way whilst wearing your baby.

Good for Breastfeeding
Third, I have found it easy to wear the babasling whilst discretely breastfeeding my son and often do so especially when out and about. It is also fab as it lulls them to sleep as you walk, reminding them of your particular rhythm of walking whilst they were in the womb. Besides the closeness and comfort it offers them, I was particularly interested in getting a sling which I could easily breastfeed in and this was a good choice.

Safety & Health
Fourth, I found this to be great for keeping baby close and safe, happily fed/pacified and more easily negotiated in the tight spaces one inevitably finds themselves in shops. I also found shopping itself easier since my hands were free--likewise all tasks were easier since I did not have to hold my baby, but still had the advantage of having him close to me.

Also, no one likes to say it, but let's face facts-- not all people are clean or remember or bother to wash their hands, meaning if they touch your baby, they transfer their germs to them. Thus, I found that because my baby was on my body in the sling strangers on the street were less inclined to grab and touch my baby without asking since baby became an extension of me. I am certain it has helped my little one avoid a lot of needless illness from germy strangers!

Versatility
Finally, its versatile--as your baby grows, they can be worn in new exciting ways. At first I carried him in the cradle position with my blouse open so that we could enjoy skin to skin contact-- a good idea even if you're not breastfeeding as it shares warmth and encourages close bonding.

At three months your little one can sit in the sling facing forward if you choose, so that they can experience the world as you do or wear them side-saddle, so that they can have a birds-eye-view over your shoulder. The side-saddle is good so that baby is not overly stimulated as they can nestle into your neck or slide down further into the sling to have a quiet rest or block out the world for a while.

Advice
Do be mindful that the canvas used to make the sling is strong and dense for safety reasons, however one of the drawbacks is that one must be especially attuned to baby's temperature as they can overheat in summer months.

I chose the bright red sling for a good reason-- visibility. People are kinder to baby wearers if they can distinguish the baby from your clothes, so though from a fashion point of view, darker colours would be preferable because 'black goes with everything' this is in my view not the time to be fashion conscious. Thus, the advice is to risk the colour clash to encourage people on the streets, shops and in cars especially to be mindful of the little person which you are carrying in the sling.

An excellent and practical investment over all.
11 comment|147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 July 2013
Very comfortable, I have not had to use it much though and not for prolonged times as my baby became generally very settled and calm by the time I decided to order a sling... I love the colour, I had been a little afraid of this choice, but being the cheapest colour option at the time I ordered this, and never regretted it. Will be difficult to use it for a second baby if that baby will happen to be a boy :-)
on 11 June 2009
We bought the babasling after our midwife advised that normal slings were uncomfortable for little boys (pressing in all the wrong places!!). Our baby was born 6 weeks premature, so this sling has been invaluable for snuggling him up to us and keeping him calm.
The only reason it didn't get 5 stars is the fact that although it adjusts for different sized people, my husband who is very tall and broad chested found it a little difficult to use at first, as the sling does not lay as low down onto his chest. However, we have worked it out now and it works well.
on 11 December 2012
This is the perfect sling, both my husband and I use this daily and love it. Very quick to put on. I only use the saddle position with my 5 month baby. He often falls asleep when out and about. Not totally hands free, I tend to keep an arm around him. Gets tiring on the neck and shoulder after a long walk of over an hour but usually I just use this to pop to shops and doing errands rather than bothering to get pram/car seat out.
on 14 June 2011
This sling is OK and is very easy to use. However, I find it hurts my back/shoulders quite a lot if I wear it for more than an hour or so. It's also made of that cotton that attracts a lot of lint so always looks a bit fuzzy! I think next time i'd go for a sling with more lumbar support. I'm pretty tall though, the style might work better for a shorter parent ; )
on 2 December 2014
I did lots of research before choosing this sling, and I genuinely believe I purchased the best on the market. This was a very practical and functional piece of baby kit. My little girl loved it, and she was carried in it from approx. 4 months up until 2. When used correctly as per instructions, it is a great addition to baby transport.
on 4 January 2013
I bought this sling when i was pregnant with my daughter, it looked good and the material was good quality. Was complicated at first getting the sling on by myself, but as soon as we put my daughter in it she screamed the house down. It was distressing for us and our daughter so we sent it back and got a carrier which was much better
on 18 April 2013
I would not leave home without this product. Used it for my daughter and now for my son. I carry my son in it when he's colicy or when I want some hands free time to cook, clean or spend time with my daughter and it works a treat. I wish I had some more in different colours to coordinate with outfits. I recommend it for anyone.
on 3 April 2009
Easy to use once you learn how. Baby settles into sling and (mostly) drifts off to sleep without too much fuss. However, there isn't much back support, so it may aggravate back pain. Of course this may be better with other carrying positions but I've just used the 0-3 month positions described in the reasonably clear accompanying leaflet. On the whole I don't regret the purchase.
on 23 October 2008
This BabaSling is brilliant. It is so simple to use and my daughter is totally content. I can feel it is really doing her a lot of good to have so much physical contact.

It has also made getting around so much simpler. I hardly need a pram any more. I get a lot of positive feedback from people on saying how intelegent and practicle it is. I would have to say this is by far the best £40 I ever spent!

See one answered question