5.0 out of 5 stars Volume Limit Removed!!
I recently bought this iPod classic from a local PC world on sale after my previous 7th Gen classic died after dropping it one too many times.
I have decided to post a review on here as it might help some customers wondering if the Volume cap issue was addressed by Apple.
Published 8 months ago by Traffic

Published 12 months ago by Oskar Pig

5.0 out of 5 stars Volume Limit Removed!!, 29 Dec 2013
Traffic (U.K.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Apple iPod Classic 160 GB Silver - 7th Generation (Wireless Phone Accessory)
The good news is yes, it has been. With Firmware version 2.0.5 there is an option to Disable "EU Volume Limit" within settings.
The bad news is that most existing iPod Classic 7th gen owners are unable to upgrade existing 2.0.4 firmware revisions.
I'm not sure if this was done consciously by Apple in order to make customers go out and buy new iPods but it's a possibility.
I have tried to upgrade the firmware of my friend's iPod classic 7th gen from 2.0.4 to 2.0.5 but it simply does not work. There are various forums confirming the same problem.

If you are in the market for a new iPod classic and were worried about the much reported volume cap then you can rest assured it's been addressed. just make sure you pick up the latest iPod classic 7th Gen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 12 May 2013
I had the common hard drive problem with the 6th generation, meaning it broke within 2 years! But this one is fixed now, so it's fabulous. And they've changed the hold button so that now it's smooth and feels really nice. In a way i'm not really sure how, it all feels and looks nicer, but I can't quite put my finger on it! It's expensive, but worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 17 July 2013
This was purchased as a replacement for my previous 160 GB Classic that I had for 5 years. The old one died, but no criticisms as nothing lasts for ever. This generation is vastly superior, particularly download speeds. I play my mine through the media center in the car, so the volume suppressor doesn't apply.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 Aug 2011
Great service - I received this product in less than a week. Great product. Exactly what I expected.

1.0 out of 5 stars 7th Generation/6th Generation - all the same product just a different price, 9 Aug 2013
Apple don't describe the current iPod Classic 160GB model as either 6th Generation or 7th Generation, it's just that the current iPod Classic model followed the 5th Generation and vendors have taken it upon themselves to label it such. Since the 5th Generation models the iPod Classic 160GB has been through two iterations - fat and thin. Originally the 160GB capacity was achieved through a dual platter hard drive - hence the fat descriptor. Since the Classic 160GB's relaunch in 2011 it has used a single platter hard drive - hence the thin descriptor. This model is exactly the same as: Apple iPod classic 160GB - Silver - 6th Generation. Do yourself a favour, save 30 or so by buying the current model described as 6th Generation as it is exactly the same as this model but cheaper [think about it why don't amazon.co.uk directly sell the 7th generation model - because it's no different to the 6th generation model, that's why].

4.0 out of 5 stars i pod 7th gen, 11 Jan 2014
having never owned any I pod before am only able to comment on the 7th gen it was brought as a gift for Christmas and it was brought sole on the amount of songs 40,000 needlessly to say the I pod 7 more than covers this the sound is fine for what it is just hate sitting next to someone and you can hear their music. Put it through your hi fi and their is no loss of sound quality.
Can recommend to any one

5.0 out of 5 stars iPod Classic 7th Gen, 22 May 2014
I brought this for my wife as a late birthday present. She wanted something with a decent memory. As I write this review, she is busily putting all of her cds onto iTunes. I should mention that the iPod was delivered on time. So, I couldn't recommended them enough. I want one now to replace my old iPod touch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 4 Aug 2014
Finally updated my equipment having been using my first generation ipod (which still works, some of the time!) for the past 15 years. Great to have a new one, I hope it will be as successful as the last. It will certainly see the same action and if I get 15 years out of this one it will be a cheap purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple iPod Classic 160GB Silver 7th Generation, 20 Jun 2014
I always wondered what the big deal with the i Pod as opposed to other Music or MP3/4 Players but now I have taken the plunge in the unknown, what a pleasure it is with the clarity of sound on this wonderful player it has surpassed all my expectations and I think it was one of most inspired purchases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic 160gb, 18 Feb 2014
As my collection of music and video has grown,so the need for extra storage. I have other Apple devices,and being a hifi nut,was wondering how it would sound. Pluging in my Westone 4R,has revealed a well balanced sound,better than any other player that I have tried,BUT,by adding a portable amp/dac,this takes it to another level. This is still a fantastic player,well worth the money for anyone that needs large storage, on a portable device.