4.0 out of 5 stars Not suited to hard labour!
Published on 29 Nov. 2012 by Flamingjetmouse

2.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected for my money
I am a dog walker so I wanted some willies suitable for walking for 5 hours a day, I bought these and when I opened the box thought they looked cheap, after trying on they are really big and don't fit round the ankles, they only come up to near the top of my calf which for me is much to low, they also are a bit flimsy and think if I got them stuck on a bramble or fence...
Published 5 months ago by lisa akrigg

4.0 out of 5 stars Not suited to hard labour!, 29 Nov. 2012
I ordered these to replace my trusty old Hunter Originals. (Sadly Hunters are no longer worth buying as manufacture and materials have been so compromised). I tried these as they appeared to have a similar narrow fit to the ankle, for support. They are good looking boots, well made, nicely shaped and not like wearing boats (good colour too). But I do a lot of miles in my boots, over beaches, riverbanks and fields. So while these boots would be fine for the park, city weatherproofing, festivals and light gardening... for my purposes the soles were too thin, the grip not substantial enough and generally they seemed a little flimsy. Although if you want a lightweight boot, this could be a good thing. I've exchanged them for the Aigle Parcours, which are solid stout stompers. [Note: I've found Aigle sizing generous. If you're a half-size, take a size down rather than up].

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, COMFORTABLE, chic wellies - get them!, 31 Jan. 2013
Fairy Godmother (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I got these in a sale, elsewhere for £70, and am very pleased with them. In fact I love them! I had already bought the fur-lined version and loved them for snow, but wanted something for the rest of the year. (Ouch my purse). These have an even more flattering look than the fur ones as less bulky.

These boots are a real ladies wellington, whilst practical and very comfortable too. They are nice and light, and look more like boots than wellingtons, which is a big plus in my book. My Partner says they look like riding boots and look really good (which is praise indeed - he's not an easy person to impress!). I was surprised by the review that said they were too long, as they are shorter than Hunters. I am 5'6" with not particularly long legs and I would say they are just over mid-calf height. They measure approx 36cm in height from the bottom of your foot and approx 39cm from the bottom of the heel (making the heel about 3cm). It's a nice height - they are long enough, but not so long as to dig into the back of your knees. The front is slightly lower than the side (a nice flattering shape detail). They are a soft, flexible rubber, not thin but not thick rubber either - which is comfortable, but need socks in for warmth. You could wear welly warmers in them - they look good with long socks - but I just wear a pair of walking socks in them for warmth and fit. Extremely well made.

I have these in brown and they look great. Like smart boots almost. Unobtrusive and stylish yet completely waterproof! I particularly like the fact that they haven't got a big sticker on the front with the Aigle name (unlike most wellies) but have a more discreet one on the side, on the strap.

Sizing:

Order your normal size. The sizing is roomy to allow for thick socks and an insole as well if you want. If you get a smaller size you may get very cold feet! Unless you just want them for summer, in which case I would try a half size smaller. But you can still get cold feet in summer on wet days! I normally take a size 7 in a boot. The Aigle euro sizes are - a 41 is a 7 and a 40 is a six and a half, and those seem correct conversions, as a 40 was too short for me. The 41 is perfect with an insole and a pair of hiking socks (padded but not ultra thick). So if you order a 7 you will get a 41, which is right. If you order a 6 and a half you will get a 40, if you order a 6 you will get a 39.

Comfort (brilliant - like wearing slippers):

I have Morton's neuromas in both feet and have had to change all my footwear in the past couple of years, but was caught out this winter by snow. I needed something suitable for cold and wet, and thick snow, and couldn't wear my old wellies - so the search was on for foot comfort and style. After all if you have to pay this much for a decent pair of wellies you want them to look good.

I tried the Parcours Iso wellies first, after all the rave reviews about comfort and the good sole, but they were far too wide in the foot, clumpy and heavy and made my calves look very chunky (I have medium-sized calves). Fine for Farmers and people who want 'workwear' for outdoors, but I wanted something lighter that I wouldn't feel frumpy in when I go to the shops.

To compare, I also tried the Le Chameau City all tracks, which looks similar, but the Aiglentine looks much better on and I found them more comfortable as well. The Le Chameau is excellent quality and thick rubber, but I found the soles too low and stiff, so not as comfortable for walking and shape not as flattering. I also tried a pair of Hunter balmoral neoprene in a local shop. These had an optional insole which made them very comfortable, but I found they didn't fit well round the heel and were rather heavy as well.

I feel they are not warm enough for winter, or snow, even with thick socks - they are more a spring, autumn and summer welly. The Aiglentine fur are best for snow. So I have ended up getting both - but I reckon they will both last for many years.

These are highly recommended as a ladies wellington. They are like wearing slippers, especially if you put an insole in. And they look the business and such a lovely range of colours. I reckon brown and purple look best, unless you are brave enough to wear red.

But I would recommend the fur-lined version for winter.

UPDATE: Tried the BARBOURS before finally deciding whether to keep these as I have read elsewhere (and also a reviewer on here said she had got them instead of these, that they are like Hunters used to be). I ordered the Barbours in brown too. And they are also a very nice wellington - if you can get them to fit! However, I cannot recommend them. My size 7 was barely big enough with thin socks, and I need to fit an insole, and want to wear warm socks sometimes, so I ordered an 8. And received a much inferior boot! The rubber was completely different, and didn't look as quality, and the leg was about 1cm shorter than the size 7. And they didn't feel the same. I actually phoned Barbour to ask if they had changed manufacturing plant and didn't get a straight answer, except that they are made abroad. My size 7 was old stock, the size 8 was new stock. I found a label sticking to the bottom of my foot which said 'Made in Serbia' which I believe must have come out of the boot. Not that there is anything wrong with being made in Serbia. But my feeling is that Barbour quality is also going to the dogs, like Hunter and I was annoyed at expecting a welly like the 7 and getting something different - I would have no confidence in ordering another pair.

CONCLUSION: I think the Aiglentine is a more stylish, more comfortable Wellington, much better made Wellington and I like the length - not too long, not too short.

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthwhile investment, 22 Jan. 2013
After being fed up with cheapo 'fashion' wellies I initially decided to purchase Hunters but then found out that they are now made in China of inferior quality. I did some research and settled on the Aigle. This brand at least is still made in France.
The Aiglentine is excellent for me as it is welly designed speciifically for ladies and I find they fit particularly well around the calf as mine are quite skinny and most wellies have far too much room!
That said they do come up very big in the foot. I am a size 5 in a shoe but bought a 4 in the Aiglentine and there is still oodles of space, particularly at the heel. I certainly have no problems easing them on and off! As I wear a long boot sock over a normal ankle sock this isn't a problem for me but something to consider when purchasing.
The purple colour is fab... just a bit different without being too fussy and yet won't show the muck as much as a yellow for instance. The leg is a good length and the buckle works well if needed.
The soles look substantial but not as chunky as others in the Aigle range but they certainly suit my purposes which are walking (in not very rough terrain) and gardening.
Only time will tell how they wear but so far I have walked a couple of miles in them in the snow and they not only kept my feet dry and warm but were extremely comfy too.

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I found these, 26 Oct. 2012
B. Levy (VA USA) - See all my reviews
After doing extensive research on rain boots I decided these were the boots for me. I wanted a pair that would last years. Given the company's reputation for quality and workmanship, I knew I could not go wrong. I use them mainly for rainy days and walking through wet grass in the morning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 3 Aug. 2012
This boot is exactly what I have been looking for; simple but classy looking wellingtons with adjustable straps, very comfortable to wear although I only wear it around the city in the rain. Great price. Size is probably 10% bigger than the usual EU36 that I wear in most shoes but it caters for thicker socks otherwise, an insole should do the job of filling it up. Two thumbs up to Aigle!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best you can buy., 1 April 2014
These are my third pair of Aigle wellies. The first pair were worn out after 18-20 years, although these weren't worn everyday they were worn regularly so the longevity was amazing. I currently have two pairs because I now wear them everyday for dog walking and just wanted a second pair in a fun and bright colour. I will never buy any other brand of welly as these fit me like a glove and are as comfortable as a pair of slippers, I could wear them all day. My husband has Aigle wellies also, but previous to his current pair he bought another of the UK's top brand only to have to exchange after a few months for serious leakage problems, and the exchanged pair were also returned for a refund as the heels wore out after a few months. He loves his Aigles and will also not be buying any other brand in the future. I can't praise these wellies enough, for my family and me they simply are the best, we love our Aigles.

5.0 out of 5 stars best wellies ive ever had, 7 Feb. 2014
They are the most comfortable wellies I have ever had they are soft and warm had hunters wellies before which split and always had cold feet I will always have agile wellies now my mum also has these wellies for dog walking and she loves them

5.0 out of 5 stars Best wellies in the world, 5 Feb. 2014
Expensive - but worth every penny. These are a little lighter and more stylish than the Parcours, for example. I bought these for my daughter, she wears them both for dog walking and for walking to the office in the rain!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort, Adjustment and Style without the weight of the Parcours., 4 Mar. 2015
as a professional wellie wearer who is also disabled (it is wellies outside and slippers inside), I bought these to replace the Aigle Benyl Wellies which had finally given up the ghost after nearly 3 years of daily use. As a disabled person and walking with crutches, I tend to be sore on my footwear. The Benyls were good but a bit thin on the sole and very tight on the leg. The Hunters I used to wear when they were made locally are no longer up to the mark with the last pair lasting a grand 3 months!!!!! I am delighted with these. They are incredibly comfortable, fit my calf without causing cramps and are much easier to get on and off for me. They are also shorter in the leg which is good for me as I have short legs for my height. I just hope I get the same wear out of them or I will be contacting Aigle direct. I was disappointed to find that, the day I received them, the price had significantly lowered, but........you cannot have everything eh!!!! I would recommend this brand against Hunter anytime and when I complained about the last Hunters I had, the company were very couldn't care less. They are now a fashion wellie rather than a work horse wellie like Aigle. These suit me as they are much lighter than the Parcours that I had before the Benyl so it is easier for me walking, but with the same adjustment as the Vario. I did go for the 5.5 fit as I am a 6/6.5 after reading previous reviews and they fit like a glove. I would not go past this brand now as this is my third pair of Aigle wellies and I have not yet to be disappointed.......let's hope they live up to their reputation yet again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, comfy boots., 19 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Aigle Women's Aiglentine Wellington Boots (Shoes)
I looked around and researched lots of boots. I wanted to make sure I spent my money wisely. I looked at lots of reviews and it came down to a pair of Hunters and these. After reading through the reviews again I choose the Aigle boots and I'm glad I did. They arrived quicker than expected which was great, the inside sole is so soft and spongy it feels lovely, the ankle area is a bit loose (I do have thinner ankles) but if I wear thick socks or different trousers I think it will be fine. The heel seems to rub a little but I think that's where I am going to invest in some welly socks and it's been a long time since I've worn welly boots, I'm just not used to the feel of them. I love the fact they can hug my leg which is incredibly comfy and I can adjust them if needed. I am usually a 6.5 to 7 with wide feet. I went for the size 6.5 and there is room even with thick socks.
I've worn these out a few times and people love them, my friends didn't even realise they were wellies at first. Saturday morning was spent trudging across a muddy slippery football pitch and spectating in the rain. These boots stood up to all of that, they kept my feet and legs dry and were barely dirty going back to the car and what little mud there was simply wiped off. These boots are practical, comfortable and were a great price. I look forward to wearing them and hope they will last a very long time.