4.4 out of 5 stars1,052

on 21 June 2012
After years of wet shaving and getting shaving rash and burn, i took the plunge and purchased an electric shaver. I spend many minutes reviewing various shavers and came across this one. The reviews seamed good and i liked the fact you could have a wet shave. I went ahead and bought one about a month ago, this is what i think. First time i used the shaver i had a dry shave, did very well except a couple of thick hairs under my chin, this was quickly sorted by useing the built in trimmer. Second time i used it was in the bath with a small amount of gel. Wow what a great result this gives, its just like having a wet shave with a razor, very smooth finish, and no rash or burn. I have very tuff stubble and it coped great when used wet on 2 day growth. Would highly recommend to folk with sensitive skin or tuff hairs.
VINE VOICEon 4 September 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Brand loyalty is an important factor when considering a shaver however read on if you don't already own a Braun shaver. Whether you currently own a cheaper foil shaver or a multi-headed one, the simple blurb for this shaver looks uninspiring. Yet don't be fooled. Braun haven't loaded up this shaver with gimmickry and features, however they have worked on simplicity and quality.

You can use it in the shower or dry. It's rechargeable and comes with a simple dock and a light to tell you when it runs low (after 20 shaves or so). It's easy to clean. You do not need to use foam or gel or anything else. It can get to the tricky bits by lowering foils with the only other button. Simple. It also produces a really close shave.

It's the best shave I have received from a shaver. Easy to recommend.
on 23 May 2013
Charges quickly and power lasts ok - cuts pretty poorly in my opinion and the head constantly falls off with little pressure applied (which you wouldnt need to do if it cut better) Oh and they sell new heads for approximately £33 at time of writing ......... hmmm. Wouldnt buy again and I got it for £49
on 4 November 2014
Initially I was disappointed with this product as it didn't offer as closer shave as I was expecting - particularly around the lower cheek and neck areas.

But after a few days it appears up have somehow got used to my skin, or vice-versar and has improved - not sure why/how?!

I've used it with shaving foam (cheap stuff from Aldi) and with a going over to get rid of the foam and then another minute or so going over trickier spots it does offer a very close shave, as good as a wet shave on most of the face. It's better than a previous rotary shaver I have tried on the upper lip/tasche area.

With attention and a bit of time it picks up the vast majority of the under-neck area. I sometimes do a gentle swipe with a cheap disposable razor if I've missed a little bit.

It would probably perform more effectively with better foam or a pre-shave lotion.

And the charging stand is great. I use it as a stand for the shaver and keep the cord in the travel case.

So overall I'm very happy with the purchase despite some early troubleshooting!
on 4 January 2012
Lots of good rviews so loath to complain.
In use now since 13/8/11 but not impressed with closeness of shave, even pre-electric lotion no help.
Precision lock failed after few shaves, (as did a colleagues)
May have to revert to my old Remington which is a shame as this one does look good.
on 29 July 2014
I received this Razor (Braun 380s-4) last week from BzzAgent, and am very impressed.

Firstly, the product packaging is compact, light and easy to get in to.

This model is slightly higher spec than some others in the Series 3 range - it comes with a travel case (handy for protecting the foils/cutting head) and a charging stand. Also included in the package in instruction leaflet / warranty information, charging cable and cleaning brush.

The charging cable is coiled and a decent length. It plugs into the charging dock for convenient charging at home, or can plug directly in to the bottom of the charger. An hours charge gives more than enough power for a few days use. If using the razor for a dry shave, you can run the device directly from the cable, however, and obviously, this can not be done with a wet shave. My old razor (a Philishave) had a smaller, less bulky power cable, but on reading the printed information on this cable I realised that the Braun only send 12v to the razor for charging as opposed to the full 240v on my Phillips. Which in my view is much safer!

Now to shaving. The foil system gives a close, neat shave and has left my face cleanly shaved and less itchy than the old Philishave. The first day I used it as a dry shaver, as having being my first wet&dry shaver I wanted to get used to it first! Because of the Brauns straight cutting area, you tent to shave in a more traditional straight line method as opposed to small circular motions that you would do with Philishave products. This suits me because its so much easier to remember where youve been!

The next few days I shaved in the shower. Again, straight forward to do, but with the added benefit that the water and soap in the shower made for a much easier shave. I can honestly say that I am now converted to wet electric shaving. And, as the saying goes, I can kill two birds with one stone by shaving whilst washing myself down! There is also a pop out sideburn trimmer for fully finishing off the job.

After shaving, the device is easy to clean. The head clicks of and if dry can be dusted down ti the included brush, or can be rinsed through with water. Because the system is designed for wet&dry use, you don't have to let it dry before re-assembling. The head can go on the device either way round.
on 17 February 2016
I've always been a wet shave bloke. However, due to a lot of travelling, sometimes getting hold of replacement blades was a pain in the proverbials. So I weighed up all the reviews and bought this in the new year sales.

Overall, I've been very impressed. It takes longer than a 'manual' wet-shave but is as good as I imagine an electric razor can get. I've used it both wet and dry and using it wet it does give a better shave. That said, a dry shave is perfectly acceptable for a tidy-up or when you're short of time.

Is it as good as a wet shave? No. I always have a normal razor knocking around for the fiddly bits (behind the jaw line under the ears and around the adam's apple seems to be a bit of a blind spot). It's 95% as good though and - doing the maths - it should work out cheaper to run over 12 months. I was spending £5-7/month on razors and that cost is now gone. So the way I view it is that after a year it's paid for itself and anything else is a bonus! :)
on 1 November 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Braun brand is renowned for its excellent shaving products, so you know you're in good hands with the 380s.

Gives superb results (I have quite thick stubble) - a really close shave without drying or irritating the skin. Recharge time is very quick, and seems to hold a charge for quite a while and being able to use it in the shower not only saves time in the morning, but also gives it a clean at the same time!

I can highly recommend this shaver.
on 28 October 2011
Good shaver at a good price.
Pros: Shaves good without irritation.
Light weigth, good grip

Cons: battery lifetime is less then the indicated 50 minutes
When empty, can not be used while connected to the mains (probably because of possibility of wet use)
VINE VOICEon 12 September 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've tried various electric shavers over the years, and whilst they have been ok, I've never been totally happy with the results - all too often finding that I have to keep a razor handy to trim off bits that the electric hadn't coped with properly. All has changed though with this Braun - first impressions, a very hefty piece of kit, not light, but very well made, nicely moulded for the hands to hold. Once fully charged, this has exceeded my expectations - very efficient, removes hair quickly and doesn't leave bits behind for me to search for. Battery life appears to be very good, holding charge for a good amount of time (I haven't actually recharged in a month). Easy to clean, and can be used in water as well as in the dry. My wife has commented on how much better it works for me, and she is pleased with the results. So, top marks to Braun, a great piece of kit, good work!!