5.0 out of 5 stars Braun series 3 380s-4 shaver.
I`m nearing 80 and have never EVER shaved with a blade, so I cannot compare the Braun to the 'ultimate' experience!
Published on 5 Sep 2012 by R. Goodman

3.0 out of 5 stars An improvement on the 340.
Having not been particularly impressed with the S-340Braun Series 3 340 Electric Rechargeable Wet & Dry Male Foil Shaver, I decided I would give this a go as I was still using a normal Gillette wet shaver.

Although based on a similar technology to the 340, this is a definite improvement and worth the extra 25.

It charges faster, it comes with a nice...
Published on 20 Oct 2011 by Peter R

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun series 3 380s-4 shaver., 5 Sep 2012
R. Goodman (Suffolk.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Braun Series 3 380s-4 Rechargeable Wet & Dry Foil Electric Shaver (Personal Care)
For the last five years,I shaved alternate days with an old Philishave rotary and a Remington foil. Tapping out the heads each day, it was noticeable that the Philishave gave a closer shave than the Remington, but was much slower.Also, by alternating the two types, the foil picked up odd hairs missed by the rotary and vice versa. The Remington finally started to play up and I looked for a replacement. Not wanting to spend a lot, I hoped to get an old, discontinued foil type for about 40. After reading all the reviews and realising that my shavers have lasted at least 5 years ,I decided to take the plunge and buy the 380s-4 for 75, which was half the price wanted by Boots! What a revelation. I had no idea that shavers had improved so much over the last few years. Fast, quiet,comfortable and with a sturdy carrying case. This is the best shaver I have ever owned, by miles! Wonderful product and has my highest recommendation.(for what that's worth!)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good solid shaver, 25 Nov 2011
I bought this shaver just over a month ago. I do like the solid feel of the shaver and it does give a good clean shave. I will add though as others have mentioned the shaver does not give such a clean shave as a wet shaver.

I have been using Braun shavers for over 30 years and in many ways I miss the old made in Germany shavers from the 70s and 80s but the latest shaver does shave just as well or a little better.

The one thing this shaver excels in is that it is quiet and makes little noise. The all in one cutter is also easy to clean.
I am glad I bought this shaver and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a new shaver.

Brian Booth

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wet&dry foil shaver, 21 Jun 2012
After years of wet shaving and getting shaving rash and burn, i took the plunge and purchased an electric shaver. I spend many minutes reviewing various shavers and came across this one. The reviews seamed good and i liked the fact you could have a wet shave. I went ahead and bought one about a month ago, this is what i think. First time i used the shaver i had a dry shave, did very well except a couple of thick hairs under my chin, this was quickly sorted by useing the built in trimmer. Second time i used it was in the bath with a small amount of gel. Wow what a great result this gives, its just like having a wet shave with a razor, very smooth finish, and no rash or burn. I have very tuff stubble and it coped great when used wet on 2 day growth. Would highly recommend to folk with sensitive skin or tuff hairs.

5.0 out of 5 stars A smooth, efficient shaver, 21 Aug 2011
Bantam Dave (Bradford, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Changing shavers is never easy. Having used it every day I had formed an attachment to my previous one, which is not surprising when I read that it has probably shaved the equivalent of five football pitches (I wonder how they arrived at this statistic? I spent an happy ten minutes imagining the look on Sir Alex Ferguson's face if the test pitch had have been Old Trafford).

The change to this shaver though was relatively easy. My previous shaver had been a rotary head model but having had a Braun foil shaver before I was not inexperienced in using one, but even after only one shave using this one a could tell that this was a far superior model; it seems that shaver technology keeps going forward.

With a cool blue inlay on the traditional black exterior the Braun Series 3 380s-4 certainly looks good, and it also feels comfortable in the hand whilst shaving, quite light but not overly so, and is nicely balanced. On turning the shaver on I was immediately aware of how fast and powerful it felt, certainly much faster than any shaver I had used previously. Most importantly though, this shaver gave me a good, clean shave and it did it fairly quickly. When using a electric shaver I am used to having to go over the same area quite a few times before I was satisfied as much stubble as possible had been removed; with this shaver I found that I don't have to so this anything like as much. Also, when using my previous shavers I had got into the habit of `finishing off' with a cheap disposable razor, because invariably there would be a few stray hairs that the shaver had not removed completely. I haven't had any need to do that when using this new Braun shaver yet though. I particularly like the precision setting which, on the clicking of a switch, retracts the central trimmer and one of the foils, thereby allowing you to get to difficult areas, like under the nose, with relative ease. Another feature it as is one that I haven't tried yet - you can use it in the bath or shower. Overall it gives a smooth yet really effective shave; I have fairly sensitive skin but I haven't had any problems so far after using this shaver.

It comes complete with a sturdy, rigid sided carrying case, shaver oil, a cleaning brush and the sockets and cord required for charging.

A full charge will allow you to shave for about 45 minutes, which although not as much as some shavers, is compensated for by the fact that a full recharge will only take an hour and a quick five minute charge should allow you to have a full shave.

To get used to it, I have used this shaver a few times now and I like it. I would never say that I enjoyed shaving, as shaving is one of those boring thinks that a man just as to do, but this Braun shaver allows you to get it over with as quickly and efficiently as possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simpicity in a shaver, 4 Sep 2011
Mr. G. Battle (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Brand loyalty is an important factor when considering a shaver however read on if you don't already own a Braun shaver. Whether you currently own a cheaper foil shaver or a multi-headed one, the simple blurb for this shaver looks uninspiring. Yet don't be fooled. Braun haven't loaded up this shaver with gimmickry and features, however they have worked on simplicity and quality.

You can use it in the shower or dry. It's rechargeable and comes with a simple dock and a light to tell you when it runs low (after 20 shaves or so). It's easy to clean. You do not need to use foam or gel or anything else. It can get to the tricky bits by lowering foils with the only other button. Simple. It also produces a really close shave.

It's the best shave I have received from a shaver. Easy to recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars An improvement on the 340., 20 Oct 2011
Peter R (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

It charges faster, it comes with a nice travel case (which the 340 doesn't), it is quieter and even more effective than the 340.

It still takes me longer to shave using this and the shave doesn't come as close as with my Gillette so I tend to use my Gillette once I have a reasonable amount of growth.

If I have just some light stubble and need to look smart for a meeting then this does the trick perfectly.

So if you are trying to decide between the cheaper 340 and this slightly more expensive model, the 380 is definitely worth it.

Hope that helps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Braun shaver, 27 Dec 2011
Bought this for my husband for Christmas, he is very pleased with it. Only downside is that there is no foil protector which he would have liked rather than having to use the case all the time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Braun magic, but a touch expensive. Reviewed by Roroblu'sDad, 25 Aug 2011
ROROBLU'S MUM "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I tried out this product on 4 days of growth, and was suitably impressed with not only the fact that I did not end up with pulled, irritated skin, as has been the case in the past with electric shavers, but that it produced a close enough shave that one 'go' was enough. With a wet shave I would normally go over my whole face twice, but just the once did the job perfectly well.

Its shape made it easily to handle and it was light and compact, but I'm not 100% sure about using it in the shower, in case it slipped out of my hand, as it's an expensive toy at the price.

Overall, it is possibly the best foil shaver that I have used, but would I pay this price for it myself? No, as the RRP is not worth it for any shaver IMHO. Yes, it does a great job and I was delighted to get it on amazon vine, but I could never have justified the price if I had bought it myself.

3.0 out of 5 stars An OK razor, though nothing really differentiates it, 2 Sep 2011
Mr. Robert Kelly "robert_kelly" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I haven't used an electric razor for years, I have a dark beard and I tend to get 5 oclock shadow at about lunchtime and find that a wet shave is usually both faster and more effective. I had been going through a period where I seemed to have developed an amazing ability to cut my skin though whilst leaving the beard intact and this prompted me to look at an electric razor again.
This is an attractive model and it comes with a nice carry case, cleaning implements etc. Like most razors it didn't come with an adaptor and I had to spend a couple of days hunting one down. On the plus side it appears to charge quickly and is easy to maintain.
On the minus side though it still takes longer than a wet shave and the results appear to me at least patchier and not as long lasting. So in a nutshell an attractive razor, but with many of the usual drawbacks that I find with similar products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Praises for the new Braun Series 3 380s shaver, 30 July 2012
This new shaver is a vast improvement over my previous Braun and Panasonic shavers:
a. The main body is smaller than previous Braun shavers and is much easier and more comfortable to hold.

b. It glides over ones face without dragging giving a closer shave than my previous Braun and Panasonic shavers.

c. Operation of a Precision Setting Switch lowers the center trimmer and one of the two foils giving much better access to difficult contour areas i.e. under the nose. A welcome innovation.

d. At long last the flimsy 'flap-up' long hair/sideburn trimmer has been replaced by one which extends upwards parallel to the shaver body to above the foil head. This looks and feels much more substantial and is easier to control. On my previous Braun and two Panasonic shavers the 'flap-up' type trimmers all failed to cut in just under one year. This appeared to be wear on the gears operating the cutter blade. On my second Panasonic shaver I diligently switched off the shaver every time I extended or retracted the 'flap-up' trimmer but to avail.

e. This Braun - THE BEST YET, WELL DONE AMAZON.