TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 2 September 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Robust, comfortable, easy to use electric shaver which I found extremely easy to use. The learning curve was comfortable and I was happy within the first few days of use with the quality and closeness of the shave. I got the same results whether used in/out of the shower and with/without shaving gel. As I work in an environment where a clean shaven face is expected this is proving a real benefit and quicker than wet shaving.

The instructions state that for best result the complete shave head cassette should be replaced every 18 months and at the moment this is just over £20 on Amazon. As my yearly spend on wet shave products vastly exceeds this, then it is also a very cost effective bonus. Very happy to recommend.

NB: This review is from my husband but as I gave him the shaver he kindly let me type it up for him!
33 comments|157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 January 2013
If you are between foil and rotary then try this product and you'll love foil. I used to think it's impossible to get a good shave with any electric shaver, I used to have an old one with a single foil. I have now changed my mind!
on 5 March 2012
Very handy and easy to use.

Cleaning very easy.

Efficient so shaving quickly complete. One charge lasts a week.

Amazon price much better than big multinational supermarket!

Only downside - you don't get a case.
VINE VOICEon 24 August 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I use an electric shaver every day, and this is by far the best one I've had. It gives a remarkably close shave, leaving the skin feeling very smooth, and has caused no skin irritation whatsoever. It's comfortable to hold and it doesn't take long to do a really good job. It comes with a small holder for charging, or the cable can be plugged straight into the shaver itself. I'm very impressed with it.
on 9 December 2011
I've never written a review on Amazon before and usually aren't inclined to. I'm also usually quite sceptical about some of the opinions expressed because of a lack of understanding about a proudct. However, I felt compelled to comment on this.

I actually purchased mine from Asda for £49 rather than the £69 it's currently on Amazon for.

I have always had trouble with very, very sensitive skin and usually after shaving with new blades, let alone old, I resemble someone who has had a fight with a bear. Unfortunately, I also grow a coarse beard like there's no tomorrow. I had previously tried a phillips rotary shaver and it literally lacerated me in perfect circles so that didn't last long.

I was, as many people seem to be from the reviews on here, quite unsure about whether this would just have the same effect. I can honestly say I was very pleasantly surprised when I tried this for the first time. Not only does it indeed give a close shave (you need to follow the instructions, pull your skin around a bit and take your time, it genuinely does a good job) but it also didn't cut, scratch or in any way irritate me. For me personally, this is somewhat of a miracle.

Personally, I cannot recommend this highly enough.
0Comment|99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 29 August 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have used many shavers over the past 40 years including Braun foil and Philips rotary.

My last four were were Philips rotary with the last two being Philips rotary with Nivea Coolskin gel dispensers. I have sensitive skin, easily irritated

I stopped using the Gels due to the cost as I found Tesco sensitive shaving gels just as good and much cheaper.

When I was given this wet & dry Braun, I continued with the cheap gel on a wet washed face. The first two shaves were OK but not perfect but once I got used to the action, the shave is closer than the Philips. The Braun foil shaver is quieter and with less drag and irritation.

I am now converted to Braun foil shavers.

Previous foil shavers were plagued with premature broken foils, I hope this one lasts longer.
on 5 January 2013
OK - I admit it - I've been unfaithful. Some years ago I had a Braun shaver which I dearly loved. It was perfect - in fact everything a man could want in a shaver. But I was weak - I was tempted away from my wonderful Braun by a Philips rotary moisturising shaver that was all style and no substance. It led me astray but turned out to be a total disaster (see my review).

I was lost in the whiskery wilderness, I didn't know where to turn. I sought some sage, fatherly advice from my Dad - he seemed quite happy with his new Panasonic, so like a fool I bought one too. But I was never happy with it. It was simply okay - it did the job and nothing more. It was noisy and the battery turned out to be a little short on stamina. I knew it couldn't last.

So finally I faced up to facts - I needed to learn the lessons of my errant past - I needed to return to the quiet, comfortable, shaving performance I've only ever experienced from a Braun.

So... my other half bought me the Braun 340-s for Christmas and it's great - quiet, comfortable and a much closer shave than anything else I've tried. And it's handy to be able to run it under the tap to clean when done. I'll never stray again!
VINE VOICEon 29 August 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am a recent convert to electric shaving again after years of wet shaving and reviewed a Philips shaver not long ago Philips PowerTouch PT720 Rechargeable Electric Shaver, that shaver I found to provide a really close shave once you got used to using an electric again and the only quibble I really had was the fact that the shaver didn't have a long hair trimmer for sideburns e.t.c.
Now this one has so I thought I'd give this one a go (I'm not some crazy electric shaver collector....yet!).

I can't help comparing this shaver to the Philips (even though the prices are quite different with the Philips being a lot cheaper) as that was the only one I'd used for years and was so pleased with it that it's almost like a benchmark.

The charge time on this is excellent 1 hour compared to the Philips 12 hours or so (but if your trickle charging, i.e. returning them to charge after shaving then it's no big deal how long they take). It has a good solid feel about it and a nice hum when shaving whereas the Philips seemed a little rickety.
Another big plus is that this one has a long hair trimmer whereas the Philips model didn't, and it trimmed my trimmable bits on my face nicely.

Now for general shaving - I've been using this for a couple of weeks and no matter what I do I can't seem to get a really satisfying shave, the instructions say hold it 90 degrees to the skin for best results which is what I do, but I find it a little awkward after a while. I seem to keep having to go over the same areas again and again to get any modicum of satisfaction.
Anyway in the intrests of science and grooming I didn't shave for a few days and shaved half my face with this and half with the Philips and the Philips shaved me smoother and much more quickly than this. It also doesn't cope so well with longer hairs from say 4 - 5 days growth and I resorted to using the long hair trimmer to take what I could of these of as the regular foils couldn't manage it, whereas again the Philips coped with them admirably.
It is a very good looking shaver and has a great feel and some nice features like a light to tell you when the foils need replacing.

If it had been maybe £30 - £40 cheaper it may have got another star .... but shave wise I don't think it is as good as the much, much cheaper Philips model. If your desperate for a long hair trimmer then the Philips range does have a more expensive model which provides the feature and I would expect it to give the same general shave quality as their cheaper model that I'm afarid I'll be using more than this.
33 comments|174 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 August 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've been happy with a Philips rotary the past three years. The Philips shaver caresses and gently soothes as it removes, almost unobtrusively and without any histrionics, the stubble that's grown on my face overnight. It's so quiet that it's close to shaving by stealth.

This German Braun model however attacks the face with all the ferocity of a biting tackle by Lothar Mathias. It's a real man's shaver and you're never in doubt that it's in operation as it noisily - and effectively - kicks and bullies the whiskers off your face.

It's a great looking instrument with a soft grip surface that runs almost the entire length of both flanks and a lovely metallic blue section that offsets the black body nicely. It also has a nice beard trimmer that is engaged at the back - and, for me, this is a bonus feature that my Philips lacks.

And, it looks super stylish when it's recharging in the attractive stand that accompanies it.

Overall it delivers a good, close shave in a minimum amount of time - and you can't really ask much more of a shaver than that. A lot of this is down to the triple action free float system (their words) that er, allows the shaver to float freely over your face with its triple action.

Negative points? I can think of two: first of all, it's not the cheapest model around; and secondly there's what I believe to be a slight design fault insofar as the top is too shallow and can come off when you exert too much pressure on the underside of your chin - and slip.

This machine has now become my new main shaver. No, that it isn't a typo; it's not become my new mains shaver, which is to say a shaver that operates directly from the mains, because of course it's a rechargeable. No, it's become my new PRINCIPAL shaver and has relegated my Philips to the role of trusty back-up; a reliable supersub if you like.
on 3 November 2013
I have always used Braun shavers. This one is by far, better than any other I have purchased, including more expensive models. I am very pleased with it's performance.