5.0 out of 5 stars A good replacement
Published on 7 Dec 2011 by John A

3.0 out of 5 stars This was a replacement
for one which lasted 1 month over it's guarentee period before it stopped working.

For ease of fitting, cable management and having all the needed connectors I would give this 5 stars, but for failure rate I'm down to 3. Most people don't seem to have that hassle though so probably just me being unlucky, but 1 month past free replacement has to sour my opinion.
Published 21 months ago by J. BARRETT

5.0 out of 5 stars A good replacement, 7 Dec 2011
This review is from: Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK Builder Series 600W Power Supply (Personal Computers)
My original PSU was failing and a good replacement was needed but as I am relatively inexperienced in major work on any PC I was a little wary as to what to buy. After a fair amount of investigation, which included asking for advice on a site I use, I chose to buy a Corsair unit. Examination of price showed the 600W unit to be little more expensive than its smaller, 400W companion; as a result I chose the larger unit as I considered the less load it saw the better/longer/cooler it should function.

Initially there was a long delivery time quoted which I accepted, but in true Amazon style a much improved delivery date was provided within a day or two and the unit despatched quickly after that.

On receipt it was well packed being in the original manufacturers sealed box which was packed inside a standard Amazon box padded out with paper.

I knew the unit was not identical in its cabling to the PSU to be replaced, but the stiffness of the cable looms surprised me a little. The relatively small distances between the Molex connectors also caused a little difficulty which was overcome by using extensions to them. The cabling is designed for a more modern PC than that to which it was was fitted so this is not considered unreasonable.

The unit is supplied with fixing screws and cable ties which is very handy given the number of unused looms I now have - again useful in a newer PC than mine.

When fired up the unit worked as advertised; the fact I could barely hear it after the original was a real pleasure. I am happy to say that I believe I made the right choice in selecting a premium unit over a cheaper (as previously fitted from new to my PC) or unbranded item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid PSU, 23 Sep 2011
Nice psu, very quiet. wires are long so it'll be fine in a bottom mounted case (such as an Antec 300)
No problem running a 6870 +95w cpu

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant PSU, 8 Aug 2012
i love this power supply, it has loads of connections, including molex connectors for the case fans since that was the only connector the fans used kinda saved me too. it uses a 8 pin EPS 12v socket - which can split in half so that one half becomes a ATX 4 pin connector - certain motherboards only need the 4 pin ATX connector so this is very useful. it is very quiet, so quiet in fact that i have never heard it once. from the bottom of my heart i have no problems recommending this PSU to anybody. 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Never go cheap!, 19 Aug 2012
so ive used this power supply for the past few months to replace a VERY cheap 500w psu that failed on me in less than a week! needless to say when it comes to corsair they know there stuff, great build quality easy to install on my Micro ATX motherboard and supports my GTX 550 ti perfectly, i will gladly be using more of corsairs products

5.0 out of 5 stars Whisper quiet, 19 May 2012
D. Boddington - See all my reviews
My previous PSU was extremely noisy, and after my PC blue screening for the 5th time in a week I decided I would build a new one. Unfortunately Amazon have sent the Motherboard I ordered seperate from the other components in my build, via City Link (google City Link review and you'll see why I'm annoyed)

However I installed this Corsair 600W into my old pc, and what a change! I can actually hear myself think, and dont have to crank up the volume on my speakers to hear things. It has a nice solid finish to it, the wires are covered in mesh to give them a good quality feel, and it has all the right connectors. The trouble is, now I can hear my HDD buzzing away due to the Corsair being so quiet, might have to upgrade to an SSD!

Tl;DR It's a great, quiet PSU.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Power Supply, 10 Feb 2013
This has been the first time I've ever bought a proper brand power supply and I'm happy I went with this one. It has been running solid for quite a while, and for some reason it has kept the computer running even when I got brief power outages in bad weather (where the even light went out for a brief moment).

Totally recommend this power supply for anybody that intends to build their computer with high quality parts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good PSU, 28 Dec 2012
Bought this PSU for a new gaming build.

It adequately powers an i5-2500k overclocked to 4.4ghz and a Radeon HD6870.

Not much else to say about it except it has plenty of outputs and hasn't faulted me 6 months down the line.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 25 Jun 2014
i've had this psu for over a year and nothing has slightly gone wrong with it, if remember rightly it's not very expensive and it's enough to power some med- high gaming components.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's loud! And the fans never turns off...but it's worked well for 2 years!, 12 Jun 2014
I had this in an HTPC build and I would not recommend it! This PSU is great, fantastic build quality, loads of connectors etc but it is a noisy little thing.

I'm not *that* harsh on these sort of things but if you want silent, or even 'quiet' then I wouldn't go for this. It's was easily audible across the room from behind a TV cabinet, though obviously not once a movie/show had started and sound kicked in.

Soon after the HTPC build I moved it to a m-ITX build in a Cooler Master Elite 120 where it is much more at home. In two years of constant use (it's actually been on most of that time!) it has never once had a single issue at all. It's incredibly reliable and delivers day after day. Noise isn't an issue in this build and it fulfils its purpose brilliantly.

Mine is currently powering an i3 and HD 7950 with ease (plus a few drives etc) and I've not had a single issue with it.

So, don't get this if you want something silent/quiet but do get this if you want a reliable well built bit of kit that works day in day out for years and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

5.0 out of 5 stars good brand, 30 May 2014
good brand, great price, came quick and still working today, you know which ones you can trust and which you can't, look at the reviews of the good branded ones against the low ratings of the cheaper ones